Rescued

Rescued

As soon as Caroline made eye contact with Andrew McMahon, she knew he was going to be a one night stand. She saw the way he looked at her while he played piano on stage with Jack's Mannequin. She watched how he sang with all he had, just to catch her attention.

Caroline noticed him enter the bar she was having a drink at after the show, and she saw a grin cross his lips when he caught a glimpse of her.
As he approached the girl, she examined his features and he took note of hers.
Andrew was handsome as Caroline was beautiful; perfect in one another's eyes for a single night.
He stood beside her, their backs against the bar, overlooking the interior of the building.
The contrasts between the two worked together and only made them stand out to each other.
Caroline's long, wavy, deep red hair complimented the man's dark, gelled up style.
The girl couldn't help but play with the ends of her hair, her near-navy eyes avoiding his hazel ones at all costs.
She knew what she wanted, but Andrew had to make the first move.
"Can I buy you a drink?" the man finally spoke, his warm breath falling across Caroline's neck as his smooth voice filled her ear.
The girl looked up, their eyes finally meeting as she nodded.
They turned around and ordered from the bartender, continuing on to the small, yet packed dancefloor.

"I'm Andrew," he introduced, leaning down so she could hear him.
"Caroline," she smiled back, her arms wrapped around him as they danced closely.
To anyone else watching, the two could have been an ordinary couple, but they knew otherwise.
They danced and drank well into the night, leaving the bar and ending up in the cool California summer air.
Caroline giggled at Andrew's joke, swinging their entwined hands back and forth as they walked.
She knew for sure that the one night stand was definitely in her future as the two took a taxi to Andrew's hotel.
She was positive when they were in his room, pulling off each others clothes and falling onto the bed, their lips locked the entire time in a heated passion.

The morning after this act of empty romance, the two showered together, dressed and went down to get breakfast. Though not typical of a one night stand, it somehow seemed right for them to do so.
They sat and ate, talking as if nothing had happened the night before and earlier in the morning.
"Caroline?" Andrew asked, taking a sip of his near-scolding coffee.
"Yeah, Andy?"
"This has been nice," he smiled across the table at her.
"I know. This is just what we needed," she nodded.
"That idiot at marriage counseling had no clue what she was talking about," he chuckled, making Caroline grin.
"I'm glad she was wrong," the girl admitted, teasingly rubbing his leg with her foot underneath the table.
"when do you have to leave for the next stop?"
"I think at three. We're going up to LA to play around there and be back in a week," he told her, glancing down at his watch.
"Ten am," he said in a non-nonchalant tone.
"Hurry and finish your breakfast!" Caroline giggled, picking a piece of bacon off of the man's plate.

2:45 came all too soon for the pair. Caroline stood in front of Andrew, buttoning up his shirt lovingly, trying to keep herself from ripping it off of him.
The couple walked down to the lobby hand in hand, ignoring the confused looks of the hotel staff that had seen them the previous night.
"I'll see you at home in a week, right?" Caroline asked, wrapping her arms around Andrew in a warm hug.
"Yeah, Caro. I can't wait," he smiled softly, kissing her one last time before they exited the hotel and heading their separate ways.