Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

The Joke Is On You

The entire time I sat in my English class drowning out Mrs. Peterson my mind was completely consumed by the idea of how I was going to get my father to change his mind about the rule no missing school for a concert and let me go. In fact it wasn't just that class I was thinking about it, my entire day revolved around it until the last bell rang and I dragged myself over to my locker to find yet another note taped to my locker.

A smile appeared on my face as I grabbed. I've begun to look forward to these. Hell even if they are joke at least they make me feel good about my self. It read in usual printed letters-

Avery I've come to the conclusion you are my drug. I can't stop thinking about you. I hope one day you'll see me the way I see you but it doesn't seem like that will ever happen. Your probably wondering who I am but I have to be perfectly honest, I don't have enough guts to tell you. I know I would screw it all up and I like you too much to do that. -Skate Boy-

"Who's that from?" Kyle asked out of nowhere grabbing the note out my hand. I was getting stupid, I should have known better then to start reading stuff like that in the hallway where anyone could snatch it. At least it's only Kyle.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Some guy who like me," I said simply grabbing it away from. I knew he already read it and no matter how much it dismayed me I couldn't do anything about it so I grabbed my bag out of my locker and began walking out front with Kyle at my side.

"I think it's a joke," Kyle suddenly declared. The comment kind of hurt, wait I'm getting way too attached to this Skater Boy and I don't even know who he is.

Not being able to help myself I hissed, "Why because you don't think anyone can like me?" before storming away. I knew I overreacted and he was just trying to look out for me but it ruined my good mood the note had put me in. It feels good to know someone likes you enough to take the time to tell you and give you stuff.

Keep your mind clear Avery, I told myself, I need to get ready to fulfill my plan. I walked out to Adam's car and began my wait for him. My plan was very simple, suck up to dad until he had no choice but to say yes to concert on Friday. I was determined to put the plan into action as soon as I got home, which meant not getting my mind fogged up with ideas such as Skater Boy.

Kyle's POV
I couldn't believe someone was sending Avery notes confessing their undying love to her. It had better be some kind of sick joke or something. All I knew for sure right now I wanted more than anything to find Skater Boy and beat the shit out of him. My choice of words had been clumsy and had possibly gotten Avery upset with me. I can’t have my only friend upset with me now can I?

Sighing I began my long walk home, my mom was probably working a late shift at the hospital while my dad was out drinking with his buddies. I never really see them much but I got used to it a long time ago. As I walked down the sidewalk I attempted to piece together who this Skater Boy was. He must have been able to hide his tracks well because I've known prior to Avery herself every guy that's ever liked her and the list consists of about oh I don't know seventeen sense sixth grade not that I'm keeping track or anything.

Walking up the driveway I slammed the front door shut behind me throwing my bag on the floor and running up stairs to my room. I had every right to not want anyone liking Avery, what if they hurt her? That would be terrible. Those bastards Zach and Adam may think they protect her but they didn't even notice Max liked her until he had already asked her out. I was much better at protecting then them and I was going to protect her from this Skater Boy.

Avery's POV
As soon as Adam dropped me off at my house I skipped inside with a smile and immediately said in a happy voice, "Hi Daddy." It was so strange acting nice towards someone your mad at. My dad just smiled at me from the kitchen. "Hey Dad you know don't you and Lyn-z worry about dinner tonight I'll cook," I said in a fake sweet tone. Is this what the preps feel like because honestly I was to take a book and smash it repeatedly over my head.

"Are you feeling okay?" my dad asked, "Last time I checked you were still completely furious at me, not that I mind the change or anything. If you got expelled or something just tell me and dear god if your pregnant just call your mom." I stared at him, ouch, he thought I could be pregnant. Talk about trust in your daughter.

Keeping the fake smile plastered on my face although right now I would rather punch him for practically calling me a slut I said in an even nicer tone, "I couldn't stay mad at my dad."

He snorted. My father snorted at me being nice to him. No wonder I gave up acting nice five years ago. This is ridiculous. "You just said you can't stay mad at me but if I remember last year there was a time period where you didn't speak to me for a month and a half," he said with a smile. I sighed this was going to be a lot harder then I thought.

It had been three days and it was now Thursday night, time to pop the question, that kind of sounds weird. Smiling I walked down the stairs to find my dad. My dad gave in and actually thought I was being nice around Wednesday night. Honestly I could just tell he was happy that I was letting him off easy for forgetting to take me shopping and forgetting to pick me up from the airport. Truth was I was still pissed as hell.

With a smile on my face I walked into the kitchen and sat down on the bar stool next to my dad who was eating Spaghetti with Lyn-z. "Hi dad," I said smiling at him, "You know how I've been on the honor roll for the past four years, I virtually never miss school, and I've never gotten expelled," I was going to say suspended but that would be a lie, "Well I think I should get a little reward for it," that's when I went in for the kill, "Can I skip school tomorrow and go to a concert."

"No," my dad said instantly glaring at me. I couldn't believe it I'd been sucking up to him all week, I brought all the good things I've done, and he a bloody rock star why should he care if I skip one day of school. He made no sense. "You should know the rules by now. I will not let you skip school to go to some concert where there's hundreds of guys near you that could do something to you." Little did he know I've already had something done to me and it wasn't at a concert.

"Please it's just one time," I begged causing him to yell, "NO!" Lyn-z just sat there shocked by the sudden outbreak. Giving him an evil glare I stormed up stairs, sure it was childish but I didn't care all I wanted to go to this concert. Letting out a light scream in frustration I grabbed my math textbook and chucked it across the room before locking my door and laying on my bed.

I was supposed to be calling Zach now to say it was okay, I had been nearly positive he would say it was okay but I guess I was sadly mistaken. A daughter of a rock star cannot skip school and go to a concert even though her father often makes money off of kids that do that. My sidekick let out a sharp ring signaling someone had sent me a text message and read

Hi Avery sorry about last week we should really talk this out 2gether. (Max)

I don't think my day could get any worse. The bastard was text messaging me after the things that he had done and was going to do to me. That was just too much. I decided right then I was go to tell Zach because I never want Max within ten feet of me and Zach can make that so. After dialing in Zach's number Zach immediately picked up the phone.
"Hey Avery you can come right."

"He said no but no worries I'll just have Adam pick me up and we'll drive to the concert instead of school but Zach I got to talk to you about something," I said barely audible. Zach was instantly all ears to the conversation.

He asked," What is Avery?" I was so nervous because honestly I didn't want my friend in prison or anything so I told him in a very serious tone, "You have to promise me you won't freak out or do anything stupid okay?"

"What the hell Avery what's going on?" he asked. I gave in, "Okay Zach you know how I broke up with Max a couple months ago, well he's been texting me nonstop and stuff. It was really annoying but I could handle that but last week I was walking home from the skate park and I ran into him and he was going to ah…" I couldn't finish sentence because I had refused to utter the word rape aloud, I didn't want to admit something like that was capable of happening.

Zach dropped the phone I could hear it and two seconds later when he picked it up he screamed, "THAT FUCKING BASTARD WILL PAY!!!" I don't think I'd ever heard him so mad in my entire life. His voice was full of venom and his breathing was heavy but the next thing he said was so quiet I could barely hear him, "He didn't get far or anything did he?"

That had to be one of the strangest things to come out of my normally perverted friend's mouth. "Ah not really you can ask Logan if you really must know he's the one that saved me," I said in a 'no big deal' tone.

"I don't think I've ever loved my brother more than this moment and I swear if that fucking bastard ever touches you again he'll have the shit beat out of him so bad he'll have to be taken to the hospital," Zach said in a honest voice. For some reason I had a feeling that Max would be in the hospital for 'falling down the stairs' before the year is over.
♠ ♠ ♠
My life is brilliant
My love is pure
I saw an angel
Of that I'm sure.
I love that song. I don't care if some people think its annoying :)
I love my brilliant subscribers although I don't think I'm going to be getting banners for this story. *Shrugs* I can't make them my photoshop is down but its cool.