Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Revenge?

It had been nearly two weeks and my dad and I were on the best terms we've ever been on sense I was like six. We went to the movies together randomly on a Thursday night, he didn't even care I had school tomorrow he just wanted to spend time with me. Over all life was perfect except for three tiny little things I still had no idea who Skater Boy was but he did continue sending notes, a couple of them even mentioned the concert considering apparently the media thought it was an interesting story and decided to put me in a few magazines with fire-truck red hair, Colton's group still won't leave us alone, and Max keeps on calling me and texting. He hadn't gone near mainly due to the fact Logan and Zach watch me like hawks. Who knew they would ever agree on anything?

It was once again Friday night and I walked down stairs clutching my skateboard and walked into the living room where my dad was working on some new songs I suspect. "Bye Daddy I'm spending the night at Adam's house call if you need anything," I said smiling at him before darting out the door hearing him yell, "Bye Avery."

I practically skipped the whole way there I was jubilant. My smile could not disappear no matter what. Last night I talked to Brandon, my half-brother, and he was telling me about how much he was improving in skating and that his dad, my step-dad, had built a half pipe. My step-dad, Eric, is awesome he's a pretty high-ranking marine and has already been in Iraq three times. Plus Skater Boy had said he enjoyed seeing me look like I'm on top of the world all the time.

"Hey boys," I said running into Adam's house knowing full well his parents were away for the weekend for a mini vacation at some spa resort. Adam and Zach were both in the kitchen staring at a box of chicken nuggets unsure of how to cook it. "Oh god why don't you just order pizza come on don't be stupid."

Adam instantly picked up the phone and ordered two large pizzas and some Italian cheese bread. As soon as it arrived we found our selves spread across Adam's living room floor, which was more comfortable then most beds if I may say so my self, while listening to music and talking about everything from school to Jell-O. Yes I said Jell-O apparently Zach was craving some and we spent five minutes debating on which flavor is best.

That's when we got on the topic that had been bugging me ever sense I talked to Adam in the car a few weeks ago. "Guys what the hell is with this whole Kyle thing? I haven't met anyone that likes him. I don't get what the hell is wrong with him. One day you guys could stand him then one day it all changed and you guys have hated him sense."

They both gave each other looks debating whether or not to tell me. It felt like forever until Zach sighed and started talking, "Okay we used to be able to deal with him we didn't like or dislike him but one day a couple years ago we went to pick him up to hang out with us, his mom said he was in his room and when we walked in there…"

Adam continued the story, "When we walked in there we practically saw a shrine of you. There are like hundreds of pictures everywhere. We were a little freaked out and when we walked over to him we saw him hovering over an album full of love letters. He said they were written to a different Avery but his room said otherwise. It was creepy. That's why you've never been in his room."

Zach shuddered. I was really uncomfortable now. How would you like to find out that someone who was practically one of your best friends had secretly have a shrine of you in his room for the past few years and is in love with you. "We didn't let him near you like we used to after that. It was just creepy but we really had no proof that anything was off about him and he wasn't afraid to point it out to us all the time, " Adam finished up.

I was shocked and disgusted that Kyle sat there for the past three years telling me that such and such guy is just playing a joke on me when he asks me out or such and such guy doesn't really like you. For a while it made feel like crap so I just stopped asking his opinion. Adam noticed my disgusted face and wrapped his arm around me as Zach joined in turning it into a group hug,

The rest of my weekend was spent having anxiety over how I'm going to act when I see Kyle again. I don't want to hurt him or anything he's still my friend or at least he sort of is. I would never date him or anything so he'd have to get over this whole obsession. He must of not really thought Skater Boy was a joke then I can't honestly accept his judgment now can I ? This kept going over and over in my head like a broken record as I got ready for school.

After changing into my usual attire of ripped and faded blue jeans, a black tank top with pink skulls going up the side, and black high top converses I put on black eyeliner and mascara before running outside yelling, "Bye dad. Bye Lyn-z." Adam was already waiting in my drive way coffee and all. I wonder if he gets annoyed picking me up?

The entire ride to school was spent having me reassure Adam he'll do fine on the finals that were still months away. It was rather pointless but Adam in strive to get into an ivy league school always worries about stuff like this. By the time we actually arrived at school I had nearly forgot about Kyle or at least that was until I saw him sitting at out picnic table smiling at me. It scared me like I honestly didn't know who really was and what his intentions were.

Zach smiled at me pulling me down on the seat next to him while Adam grudgingly took a seat next to Kyle. I was surprised how good of an actress I was. I managed to sit there and talk normally to him for ten minute or at least that was until Trevor, Colton. Jake, and Jesse decided to grace us with their presence. Colton was wearing his usual cold smirk as he led the group with Trevor at his right with Jesse and Jake taking up the rear.

"Do you assholes ever leave us alone?" I whined at the approaching boys. Colton just smirked at me before saying in an arrogant voice, "Nice shirt it leaves me to imagination but then again I don't have a very good imagination perhaps you could show me a complete picture." How did this guy ever get a girlfriend? What girl would go out with such a pig? I know it's not just me he says this stuff to he says to all the girls and he's gotten a large number of girlfriends from it.

Trevor rolled his eyes at him and said with a laugh, "How many times do we have to go over this Colton stop looking at drag queens." I rolled my eyes they really need to learn more original insults not even Zach stood up to punch him we were so used to their constant annoyance.

I popped up out of my seat and walked away as soon as the bell rang for class. Another day of hell, I thought to myself, when does it end? Sighing I made my way to first period for another boring ass lecture. At least I could blow something up in Chemistry today. By the end of the day I had secured myself after school detention for combining random ingredients in Chemistry and making a rather large explosion. Normally I'm perfectly fine with detention with the exception of having to walk home but Kyle purposely got one with me and now I had to deal with him. I tried to dodge being near him like a plague.

So here I was sitting in Mrs. Henry's after school detention right across from Kyle. Mrs. Henry was an all around nice person with a freckle covered face, shoulder length brown hair, and hazel colored eyes but right now I highly disliked her, she is the only teacher that would trust students to be quiet as she left us alone for the last thirty minutes of detention.

The moment she stepped out the door Kyle turned to me his light blue eyes full of anger as he asked in a mad voice, "Why are you avoiding me?" I looked at him oddly as if to say I had no idea what he was talking about. "You haven't talked to me willingly all day. Did Zach or Adam say something about me or something? You can’t believe them they hate me."

"No they didn't say anything, should they be saying something?" I questioned. He looked scared by the knowledge he thought I might have but I wasn't going to let on that I knew he should be the one to tell me.

Kyle glared at nowhere in particular and declared, "They said something I know they did. I'm going to get them back for this." With that note Kyle stood up and walked out of the classroom. I can't believe this is happening. Letting out a loud groan I stood up and grabbed before walking out of the classroom and out the front door of the school. Everyone was long gone as I began walking down the street. Why the hell does shit like this keep happening?

It was around five-thirty when I walked into my house and ran up the stairs before falling on the bed. My mind was racing of different ways to deal with Kyle when my sidekick started ringing playing the ring tone Navy Song by Billy Talent. There was only one person who had that ring tone and that was my stepfather Eric but why would he be calling me unless it's Brandon on his phone.

"Hello," I said in the happiest voice possible, I didn't want to explain the current situation to my half-brother. It was a shock when I heard the deep voice of my stepfather say, "Hey Avery how's school?"

Why on earth is he calling? "Good I suppose I blew up something in Chemistry today, is everything okay? Is Brandon okay?" I asked all the possibilities of what could be going wrong running threw my head. I'm surprised I didn't have a panic attack or something like that. He laughed and said lightly, "Brandon's fine but I think you should hear this from me. I know for a fact you're against the war and I agree with you but it's still my job and I've been called upon to be stationed in command of some marines in Iraq."

I couldn't believe it. My mind was drawling a complete blank as I lay there until I finally said, "You have to go again?" Eric sighed and said in a light voice, "Yes Avery now I'm going to take Brandon out for the day just the two of us and I just wanted to call and say bye and that I love you and I will see you when I get back."

"I love you to, have fun with Brandon," I said tears coming down my face. What if he didn't come back? Before recently he may as well have been my dad with the way he'd always be there for me and taking care of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
How's it going people?
I went to the beach for the weekend.
That's why there was a lack of updates.