Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Disappointment

Chapter 15
Trevor never did call me back on Saturday much to my surprise in fact the next time I heard from him was when I met up with the guys at Adam's house Sunday morning, and he was late. We were sitting around Adam's living room and I was opening gifts from everyone; Adam had gotten me a new skateboard, Zach had gotten me a new hoodie and two new shirts from Hot Topic, Kyle had gotten me a charm bracelet with a silver chain and all different charms that were related to music; such as guitars, drums, basses, and other instruments, and lastly Adam's parents, David and Angela, got me a new ipod saying my old one was getting outdated. When Trevor finally decided to show up and stood near the back of the room not trying to draw attention to himself.

I smiled at everyone very happy with the gifts, but I was a little disappointed by the fact not only was Trevor late, but he didn't get me anything. After Friday night I kind of figured he would, but I guess I'm getting greedy. It would be awkward to talk to Trevor again and I was saved from having to when my cell phone went off playing Lies by Billy Talent signaling my dad was calling. As soon as I picked up the phone my dad said quickly, "Avery come home now," and hung up.

"Sorry guys I got to go," I said giving everyone a hug including Kyle, which was difficult because he's been acting so strange lately. Trevor was last and I just faked a smile and gave him hug before walking out of the house. It was strange Trevor had pretty much disappointed me sense we became friends. After all the notes from Skater Boy and him admitting he likes me he still hasn't done anything, and it was driving me up the wall.

Walking down the street I sighed while putting my shoulder length black hair up in a messy ponytail. Look on the bright side at least I got a bunch of awesome gifts, just block out any thoughts of Trevor, and I'll be fine. As I approached my house I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw it, it was gorgeous. A black convertible Ford mustang, also known as my dream car, what the hell was one of them doing in our driveway? They cost a shit load of money.

Running into the house I saw my dad and Lyn-z sitting on the couch smiling at me when my dad said, "See your car?" It was mine, I suppose it would seem obvious, but the fact is he forgot my birthday last year it was odd having him buy me a car this year. "You remembered," I said with a smile as I ran over and hugged him.

"Of course I remembered my little girls sixteenth birthday how could I forget? I knew exactly what you wanted," my dad said hugging me back while Lyn-z added in with a laugh, "I picked the car don’t let him fool you." I smiled at her and gave her a hug. It felt different not bad or anything just different.

Gerard stood up with a smile and said, "Alright now we are taking you out to eat where ever you want to go just tell us." I smiled and bounced up and down like a little kid much to their amusement before running out the front door and taking a seat in the back of my dad's car knowing full well I'd be having to take my driving test before my dad would let me drive such an expensive car such as a Mustang Convertible.

My birthday was practically perfect, we ate out at Olive Garden because I'm as sucker for Italian food, when we went home we all sat around the living room watching my favorite movies, and then much to my joy the rest of My Chemical Romance came over (birthday cake at hand) and we had a mini party (a.k.a. Frank acted like a total moron and made us all laugh). By the time I went upstairs that night I was so exhausted I hadn't even thought about Trevor until I noticed one of the old notes from Skater Boy, I picked it up and read-

<i>Hello again my drug (lame right?) I saw you on the cover of Star magazine, I was a little shocked. I has forgotten who your dad is, how stupid of me. So you ditched school and went to a concert last Friday, huh? Well I would have loved to have been there with you, but sadly that can't happen because I have no guts. I'm sure one day I'll end up telling you or I'll slip up and you'll use your brilliant mind to figure it out. Then I'm going to ask you out, and pray I never screw it up. -Skater Boy- </i>

So much for that, he told me weeks ago and hadn't done a thing about it. Groaning I laid down on my bed, I was making my self upset and ruining my birthday just thinking about him. Curling up in a ball under my covers I fell a sleep thinking about the one thing that seemed to be plaguing my mind lately, Trevor. I'd never had a boy rule my mind like this before. It was almost scary how much I thought about him.

<b>Trevor's POV</b>
I was screwing everything up just like I said I would. I sighed in frustration as I ambled along one of the many streets that ran threw West New York. Adam had confided in me a few days ago that she, Avery, probably likes me, but I can't believe that. I hadn't even had the guts to give her the present I bought her, it was still the pocket of my hoodie untouched.

It wasn't possible that she liked me I mean I'm so screwed up kid that lives in the ghetto and she's the daughter of the rock star. My father's in prison, her father's selling thousands upon thousands of CDs. My mother was an alcoholic that worked at some bar and her mother is a nurse at a hospital, I doubt she had an alcohol addiction. She couldn't possibly like me, she's so much better than me. I mean her friends would die for her while mine found out that I liked Avery and decided to flirt with her right in front of my face. She was out of my league, but I couldn't stop thinking about her.

Kicking the ground in annoyance I sighed pulling out my ringing cell phone and said in an annoyed voice, "Hello." The person on the other line let out a loud audible sigh and said, "Did she say no or something?" it was Zach.

"Not exactly, I haven't asked her yet," I mumbled feeling guilty. Adam and Zach had approved of my plan on asking Avery out last week and they were quite surprised by the fact I hadn't done anything yet so I said I would wait until her birthday. Zach sighed, "You do like her right? Are you nervous or something, I mean I'm pretty sure she'll say yes."

I couldn't believe that, why would she say yes to me? "Zach she is so out of my league you can't possibly think she'll say yes," I tried to explain but Zach didn't buy it and retorted, "One everyone is out of her league in my opinion and I'm pretty sure her dad will agree with that and two she obviously doesn't care about 'leagues' I mean she dated Max for crying out loud."

He was right but I was still nervous as could be. "Now I'm not one for prep talks but I can make an exception for this, Trevor you better do it or I'll kick your ass." Zach hung up. I am so fucked.

<b>Avery's POV</b>
Trevor was smiling at me as he held me close to him on the couch. "I love you Avery," he said kissing me on the cheek. I was about to say the same thing when I heard a <i>tap, tap, tap</i>. Opening my eyes I groaned. It was one of the strangest dreams I'd ever had. What the hell was going on I thought to myself as I heard the tapping again. Sighing I walked over to my window to see Trevor standing outside in all his glory wearing an Element sweatshirt and jeans.

He smiled up at me and ushered me down. Glancing at the clock it read eleven-thirty p.m. on a school night. Silently I walked down the stairs holding my breath, if my dad woke up he would be so pissed seeing me sneak out with a guy. When I walked out the front door and rounded the side of the house to see Trevor standing there hands in his pocket looking at the ground nervously.

"Hey Trevor," I said smiling, "What are you doing here?" Trevor grinned hugging me before saying in his normal charming voice, "I had to give you your gift of course." I let out a light squeal of delight making Trevor smile.

Trevor pulled out a long rectangular velvet black case and handed it to me. I smiled at him and flipped the case open revealing a silver necklace with a simple circle shaped diamond. It was simple, but gorgeous. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I wrapped my arms around his neck and said, "Thank you so much Trevor."

He just stood there grinning like an idiot. "So Trevor…" I trailed off hoping that this wasn't all he came here for. He glanced down out me questioning before taking a deep breath and saying in a shockingly calm voice, "Avery will you be my…girlfriend?"

I smiled my Birthday just got ten times better. Blushing slightly I kissed him on the cheek and whispered in his ear, "I thought you would never ask Skater Boy." Trevor looked like the world had been lifted off his shoulders and gave me one last hug before saying in an honestly disappointed voice, "I got to go home, but I'll see you at school tomorrow."

I watched him walk off into the dark a new and with a new permanent smile I ran back upstairs and went to sleep waiting desperately for tomorrow morning. Who wouldn’t want to go to school what you had that to look forward to?
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe and Comment if you dare!