Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

The Date

Chapter 17
<b>Avery's POV</b>
The week crawled by, Trevor and I were both anticipating the fact that before Trevor got to take me to the normal date of dinner and a movie he would first have to meet my dad and his friends. Only two interesting things occurred that one being I finally got my driver's license and I could now recklessly drive my dream car like every other teenager and two Cambria has been trying to pick a fight with me. Seriously why would you try to pick a fight with someone who could easily kick your ass?

It was now five fifty-seven on Friday night and Trevor was supposed to drop by at six. Gerard and the rest of his friends were all lounging around the living room talking about how there 'little chat' with Trevor would go. I was in my room getting ready, I was wearing my usual attire of faded blue jeans, Nightmare Before Christmas shirt, and black high top converses.

My mind was racing over all things Trevor could possibly say that would make the guys forbid him from ever even looking at me again. I may have never taken a boyfriend home before, but I wasn't an idiot on how over protective my dad is when it comes to me. He may have emotionally hurt me all the time threw out my childhood, but he wouldn't stand for anyone else doing it either. I was holding my breath as I walked down the stairs when the doorbell rang.

Frank of course shot up off the couch and beat me to the door swinging it open to reveal Trevor wearing a pair of jeans and a warped tour t-shirt. Frank saw me standing on the stairs, and gave me a look that purely said 'go away', so I gave Trevor one reassuring smile before walking back inside my room praying everything would work out okay.

<b> Trevor's POV</b>
Avery's reassuring smile was the only thing that kept me from turning around and running for my life as the man named Frank Iero who I easily recognized considering My Chemical Romance was one of my favorite bands. "Have a seat," said Gerard who was sitting down on a couch with Mikey on one side and Bob on the other while Ray and Frank were on the couch leaving the only open spot between them.

Trying to remain as confident as possible I walked over and sat right down between Ray and Frank praying I wasn't going to die today. "As you know I am Avery's father and I want to make this very clear if I found out that you ever hurt my daughter I will make sure you don't live another day without regretting every second of it," Gerard said casually but his eyes said he was serious. He obviously didn't know about Max because something tells me Max wouldn't be with us today if he did.

"I would never intentionally hurt Avery," I said truthfully hoping he could see I was being honest. Frank was just staring at me reading every movement I had, Gerard and Mikey had a 'yeah right' look on their faces, Bob didn't look like he cared, but we all knew he did, and I couldn't tell with Ray because his crazy afro was in the way. Gerard glared at me, and said, "So lets say I don’t know someone would to shoot at her or something, what would you do?"

Now comes out the questions that you have no idea what you would do if you were in this position. "I would protect her with my life," I said firmly as possible trying to hide how intimidated I was by these guys, half of them had tattoos, piercings, and terrifying glares. "Good answer, but I doubt it’s true," Frank said glaring at me harder as if daring me to contradict him.

"How many girls have you slept with?" Bob asked suddenly turning to look at me no longer acting like he didn't care. This should be illegal, it's hard enough to deal with one dad, but now I got to deal with five in this city and one hard ass in another city. Sighing I said, "None," knowing full well whatever I say will not be believed.

They actually laughed, they didn't believe any of it. This was kind of awkward. "Okay sure, how many girlfriends have you had?" Mikey asked still laughing. This was an easy one, "Three." They looked at me in disbelief. Oh come on I was telling the truth I'm not a player or anything beside it's hard to have a girlfriend when all you think about is another girl.

It was Ray's turn, "Why are you dating Avery?" There were so many answers to that, but I suspect the reason they wanted to know was so no asshole guy would come and date her because her dad is a rock star. "Because I really like her and I've liked her before I ever knew her dad was," I said firmly. It was the truth in fact no one knew she was Gerard Way's daughter until middle of freshman year.

Frank was the next one to speak, "Okay no one in the world is good enough to be with Avery but you'll come close enough for now. If you screw this up with my daugh-" he cut himself off and continued, "I mean Gerard's daughter then you'd best leave town at a very fast pace."

I nodded completely relieved it was all over. Gerard yelled loud enough that anyone in the house could hear, "Avery get down here!" She just walked inside, she'd obviously been listening in, and this has just gotten to a new level of awkward. Those were not questions I wanted my girlfriend to hear me answer.

"Come on Trevor lets get out of here," she said brightly glancing around at all the guys who just nodded lazily like they didn't care but I knew for sure now that wasn’t true they all cared.

Avery grabbed my hand and led me outside as soon as the door shut behind me she turned around and hugged me. "They like you," she said giddily as we got in her new car. I was surprised when she said that I kind of thought they could barely stand the thought of me being with in two feet of her. "They did not they could barely stand me," I told her rolling my eyes.

"No they really like you they said if you weren't perfect they were going to run you out of the house and threaten to kill you if you ever even took a glance at me," Avery said kissing me on the cheek before she backed out of the drive way and drove us towards the movie theater. We were going to see The Simpson's Movie.

As soon as we approached the ticket booth I stepped forward and purchased two tickets like any other guy should do on a date. "You know you don't have to buy everything," Avery said smiling at me as I purchased two sodas and large popcorn. I could tell she liked the fact that I bought everything so I just shrugged and we walked side by side into the movie theater.

Taking our spots on the very top seats we sat together talking until the movie started. I was so nervous I had no idea what to do, should I put my arm around her? Should I just pay attention to the movie? What if I freak her out? By the middle of the movie I finally gave in and wrapped my arm protectively around her shoulders. She tensed a little, which nearly made me take my arm off but she laid her head on my shoulder.

I was smiling threw out the rest of the movie, it was great having Avery this close to me it was like a dream come true. Around eight-thirty we walked into The Cotton Patch a small restaurant in town. Avery and I talked the entire time joking about one thing or another until some people from school showed up. Of course the one person I didn't want to see was leading the group, Cambria.

Cambria Blake was supposedly in love with me, but I couldn't stand her, her mask of make-up and hair full of at least ten different products. The moment she saw Avery and I sitting at a both eating cheese burgers while talking she led her group that consisted of Piper, Matt, and some other guy I knew was on the football team named Camden.

"Hey Trevor," Cambria said not even looking at Avery as she took a seat next to me. Why the hell did she have to ruin everything? I didn't acknowledge her and turned back to Avery who was sitting there running her fingers threw her shoulder length black hair uncomfortably while her pale blue eyes kept glancing at Cambria who was currently attempting to start a conversation with me.

Sighing I stood up and ushered for Avery to come with me before dropping thirty dollars on the table and saying, "Cambria my girlfriend and I are leaving." Cambria's face filled with anger the moment I said girlfriend and she glared at Avery when I grabbed her hand and led her out the front door. "I'm so sorry Avery everything was going great and she just had to show up," I told her as we got in her car and began driving away towards her house. I had made it very clear when we first started hanging out I didn't mind walking home mainly because I didn't want Avery to meet my mom ever.

"It's fine Trevor it's not your fault she's jealous but I couldn't blame her if it were me," she said grinning at me. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. She gave me one of the biggest compliments I could possibly want. I was so lost in her smiled I hadn't noticed she had stopped the car at her house and was waiting for me to get out,

Slowly I pulled my self out of the passenger and walked her to the front door. Was I supposed to kiss her? She lingered a couple seconds smiling at me and I don't know where the sudden boost of confidence came from but I pressed my lips on hers not letting on that I was terrified of screwing this up. It felt like sparks were flying out everywhere and my fingers tingled as I placed them on her pale cheek deepening the kiss.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and was parting her lips when the door shot open revealing a very annoyed Gerard. Instantly we jumped apart and before Gerard could say anything Avery waved at me and said with a light smile, "Bye Trevor." A smile appeared on my face as I walked away, I just kissed Avery.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe if you dare?