Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Crazy Time

Chapter 20
Monday morning was like any other school day when I got up and took a shower like usual before changing into a pair of faded jeans, Three Days Grace shirt, and high top black converses. Afterwards I applied black eyeliner and mascara, the entire time I was thinking of Kyle's words <i> I'll make you change your mind, Avery. I'll reveal all those bastards for what they really are. Believe me you'll see it my way and will be thankful I'm so forgiving and will accept you back.</i> were still haunting me as I walked down stairs and got in my car not even thinking about coffee for once.

Something didn't feel right as I drove to school and walked over to our picnic table where everyone was already waiting. Kyle looked as smug as could be as he sat across from Trevor and I. Trevor wasn't afraid to show that he missed not seeing me for a week as he kissed me repeatedly threw out the morning. I was about to give in and say nothing was going to happen as I walked into lunch and nothing had happened yet. I was sitting at our normal table with Trevor, Zach, and Adam when it happened.

Gunshots went off in the cafeteria and everyone went crazy. People were pushing over tables as they ran out of the Cafeteria towards the front doors of the school. Trevor grabbed on to my hand as we followed the crowd of screaming students. Teachers were yelling to remain calm, but that was impossible as more and more gunshots were coming from the back of the group. Screams of pain and agony could be heard all I could think was that someone was picking people off like sheep in the heard.

"Students come in here," a teacher I'd never met ushered us into a classroom, "There's too many people." It was true all the classes had been emptied when they heard the shots and no one was listening to the announcements that were naming off proper lock down procedures. Sirens were sounding outside of the school as Zach, Adam, Trevor, and I along with a good ten other students made their way into the classroom when the teacher turned off the light and shut the door.

We all lined the back wall out of view of the window in the door, the girls were crying and even some of the boys were to. It felt like a lifetime just waiting there but it probably only ten minutes. The hallways were cleared by now whether it was because people had been shot down, hiding in classrooms are made it out the front doors and one kid in the classroom voiced his opinion, "We should get out of here now it sounds clear." The teacher hissed at him to be quiet but it was enough the door slowly opened and the lights flicked on revealing Kyle standing there with a worried expression.

"Are you guys okay?" Kyle asked standing there. It was to perfect Zach, Adam, Trevor, and I knew it to. It was him he had to be the shooter, and like he read my thoughts he pulled the gun out of his jacket pocket and shut the door behind him. "You know me so well Avery," he said smiling. One of the girls screamed but she was cut off by a bullet to the head. I couldn't believe it, it looked like a little red circle on her forehead but she was dead. Where did he learn to shoot a gun?

Instantly everyone shut up. "What are you doing?" the teacher asked not believing what was going on. Kyle smirked and said, "Dealing with my problems," before ending the teacher's life. "Now on with my problems," he said turning towards Trevor and pointing the gun at him and saying in a furious voice, "I should kill you for what you did to me."

Trevor looked genuinely confused while Zach and Adam exchanged glances. "Oh you don't even know what I'm talking about. Well let me tell you what both those bastards know, I'm in love with Avery and you fucking took her from me." The tears that had been streaming down my face were now a waterfall. Trevor stared at him shocked that he would say that.

"This is all about Avery she's a little bitch," a girl screamed like she could believe it. She was a moron she got shot twice in the chest and the guy next to her was unlucky and got a bullet in his side that had missed her. "I expect you brats will learn not to mess with me like you've done sense we were in sixth grade. I know it's hard, but get over it."

I found my voice and said lightly while standing up while Trevor tried to pull me back down, "Kyle stop this is stupid put the gun down." He looked at me and smiled in a sick twisted way that sent shudders down my spine as he said, "I love you Avery and when I get rid of them we can be together." I slowly approached him not sure what I was doing all I knew was I wanted to get the gun, and I was fairly sure he wouldn't shoot me.

He smiled at me. One of the guys thought he wouldn't notice him taking a run for the door but he was mistaken and shot down with two loud bangs. His girlfriend screamed in horror and lost her life as well. There were now only our group and four other people remaining in the classroom the rest were lying dead in puddles of blood across the floor. It was one of the most disgusting and twisted sights I'd ever seen. One of the guys agreed with me by puking earning him a shot in the head.

"Kyle set the gun down." I told him when I reach him finally I had stopped every time he fired a bullet. It was like he was a trigger-happy person. He smiled at me and reloaded the gun right in front of my face. "I love you Avery, but you know that, those bastards told you," he hissed pointing the gun towards Zach and Adam who were standing up along with Trevor.

"Put the gun down," I whispered. Kyle grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him causing the guys to run forward. That's when my world went upside down, it was like slow motion as four bullets went right into Adam's chest and one hit Zach shoulder sending him to the floor. Adam's normally friendly face was pale, his dark hazel eyes were wide open in shock, and dark red blood was in his hair. The classroom was like a pool of blood.

I screamed jerking out of Kyle's grasp and running over towards them. My hand was shaking as I out to fingers on Adam's neck knowing full well I would not feel the small pump of a heartbeat. Zach was groaning on the floor while clutching his shoulder that was now covered in blood. Kyle now had the gun pointed towards Trevor and I did probably the stupidest thing I'd ever done in my life.

Gerard's POV
I was sitting around a room full of couches where our manager and record label were going to come and talk to us about the tour this summer. It was only a couple months away, and I couldn't wait although I would defiantly miss Avery, we'd become so much closer lately. We were in the process of waiting when my cell phone went off for the third time in ten minutes and I sighed picking it up and saying in an annoyed voice, "Hello."

"Oh god Gerard thank god, " it was my mom Donna Way. What on earth could she possibly want, "Turn the TV on Gerard to the new any station." I sighed and grabbed the remote from Frank who was watching Sponge Bob and changed the channel much to my surprise they were having a special news report. "Fuck!" I yelled just as the head of our record label walked in much to his shock.

I couldn’t believe my eyes at the bottom of the screen it said Memorial High School Shooting in red letters and they were interviewing some cop who said they suspected there could be a hostage situation but they couldn't risk it so they were going in now. The head of our record label Sam just looked at me odd as I sat there looking about to cry, my daughter could be dead.

"Where is Avery?" I asked turning the phone on speaker allowing everyone to hear but not taking my eyes off the screen as it flashed a suspected thirty dead. My mom was bawling on the other line as she said, "She hasn't called and she won't pick up her cell phone." Sam suddenly understood what was going on and left saying he would find out all he could. "Gerard that's not it, the shooter," she sobbed a bit, "The shooter was that kid Kyle that hangs around her. Oh god my dear grand daughter."

All the guys were looking around frantically trying to figure out what to do, there was no book on what to do when your child is possibly dead or being shot at in a school shooting. My world was crashing around me as Sam walked in hanging up his cell while saying with his face pale and lifeless I managed to get some information and Avery is one of the sixty-three students unaccounted for.

I was actually crying as I stared at the screen. Screw the tour, screw the band, and screw the rest of the world there was only one thing in the world I wanted right now and that was Avery. I would give up all my fame and fortune just to have her in my arms. "Were driving to the school," Frank announced tears going down his face as we all stood up and walked out of the building. Much to my surprise paparazzi was out front taking pictures all of them asking, "What do you think of the vicious school shooting?"

I wanted more than anything to shoot them right now as I made my way to the car. We couldn’t shake them off until finally Bob yelled at them, "Avery is in that fucking school right now so if you would please fucking move we would like to get there soon as possible." Instantly the cameras dropped back a bit. This was big news and I didn't care I just wanted Avery back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe if you dare!