Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Summer Love (End)

Chapter 22
It had been two weeks and Nick had asked me out enough times that it drew my dad's attention. I was now not aloud to sell merch and had a band member on me at all times but even then he still managed to annoy me. I wasn't really worried about him it's just he was always bugging me. Right now was one of those times.

"Avery why don't you just go out with me?" Nick asked walking up behind me wearing a smirk. I had been walking around the new venue we were going to stay at for a couple days and no one was with me. "Because I have standards," I said in a harsh voice causing Nick to smile. "Now don't be like that Avery there's no need to play hard to get even if I enjoy the chase."

I sighed would he ever give up? Rolling my eyes I walked away looking for the MCR bus instead I found myself lost. "Don't know where you are?" Nick asked laughing, "I'll show you where the bus is if you go out with me." Letting out a loud groan of frustration I said, "For the last time I have a boyfriend and I wouldn't ever cheat on him especially with someone as annoying and clingy as you." I swear his smile grew even larger he liked it when I got angry with him. He was so weird.

I started walking away again, I so didn't need this I was still a little depressed, we were finally in New Jersey again and Trevor hadn't called me once for the past two days. It was really depressing I don't think I've ever missed someone so much in my entire life and it had only been two days. Zach and Logan called immediately and dodged the subject of Trevor completely. Logan told me he was getting a full college scholarship for soccer and Zach told me about his new girlfriend. Her name is Melanie Pierce and she was probably one of the smartest girls in our grade.

I'd heard of her before only because she and Adam had been competing for Valedictorian. It killed me to even think about Adam. Sighing I shook my thoughts out of my head and kept walking trying to ignore Nick who was walking beside me inching closer as if he was trying to make it seem subtle so I wouldn't notice but who couldn't notice when someone went from to feet away to six inches away?

"Go away," I complained shoving him away. After thinking about Adam I went from fairly depressed from Trevor's lack of calls and Zach and Logan's off behavior to full blown depressed. "Avery guess who?" someone said using their hands to cover my eyes. I knew the voice immediately and practically screamed but instead yelled, "Kayla!" and turned around and hugged her.

She looked the same as I'd last seen her with her purple streaks in her long blond hair and emerald colored eyes. I smiled and hugged her again. "Avery you look great," she said suddenly turning towards the guy standing next to her who I hadn't noticed before, "This is Austin." I took one look at him and I didn't like him.

Austin had short brown hair, large blue eyes, a strong jaw, and look about him that said I don't care about anything. He didn't deserve Kayla. "Hi," I told him smiling although I wasn't smiling inside. The rest of the afternoon was spent with me hanging out with Kayla and Austin. By the time Kayla had to leave I had whispered in her ear that she could get someone so much better than Austin.

It was an hour before the show that night and I was bored out my mind. I didn't work merch both anymore and all the guys were at sound check and stuff so I began walking around the large venue. Much to my dismay Nick had decided to follow me to make sure I was 'safe' and had 'protection' from crazy people. How can he protect me from himself?

As soon as Kayla had left I'd called Logan and Zach asking about Trevor and they said they couldn’t talk about it, I was now debating on what the hell they were talking about. I was beginning to suspect that he might be cheating on me, or something but why would Zach or Logan tell me. Maybe I was just thinking the worst but it was hard not to when your friends were acting so weird. It's times like this I missed Adam the most, he could always cheer me up and make me understand why other people were acting like they did.

"Are you okay?" Nick asked looking at me with a worried expression. As much as I wanted to hate him he wasn't all that bad he just knew how to catch me at the worst possible times. "I'm fine can you please go away," I said in an annoyed voice. Why was not hearing Trevor's voice for two days affecting so much. What if he really is cheating on me and got bored of me while I was away?

Nick smirked believing me when I said I was okay, "Well in that case we should go out together no one will know," he said wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I pushed him away and hissed for the thousandth time, "I have a boyfriend fuck off." He laughed and said, "Oh really where is he. If he cared so much he would be here right now but I'm here and I'm not leaving anytime soon."

Much to my surprise he didn't get to say anything else, because before I knew what happened he was pinned to a wall and a tall figure with familiar shaggy black hair. I nearly screamed when I realized who it was. Trevor hissed right in Nick's face, "I'm right here and if I ever catch you touching my girlfriend again you will sadly regret it."

I grabbed Trevor's arm to prevent him from beating the shit out of Nick. Trevor was very protective of me now so I wouldn't have put it past him. Suddenly the thought of him cheating on me was a distant memory as I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around in a circle. "I missed you so much," I told him grinning.

He nodded in agreement before kissing me again and again. Nick eventually ran away in fear leaving us alone. "Come on," Trevor said holding my hand and we began walking around the venue. The only people that ever stopped us was my dad giving Trevor an all access pass, Frank saying no sex, and some random security guards looking for our all access passes.

By the time the show started the entire area was deserted because everyone was busy watching the show not walking around the place. Trevor and I talked for hours upon hours about how our summers were going. He told me about how Logan, Zach, and him now hung out on a daily bases and that practically lived at their house now. I told him about Kayla and her boyfriend Austin and how strange it was being on tour.

Around eleven o' clock the stars were out and shining, Trevor took this opportunity to grab my hand and lead me over to a large oak tree that sat just behind the MCR bus shading it from the intense midsummer heat. "Come on let's climb the tree," Trevor said as he pulled himself up on the first branch with me close behind. It was so strange the last time I climbed a tree was when I was with Brandon a year or two ago and that was just because we were trying to hide from the kids down the street in the middle of a water gun fight.

"I missed you so much," Trevor said as we sat on the top of the tree looking up the little colorful balls that covered the black sky. It reminded me of one of the notes he had written that said how much he loved my midnight colored hair. "Avery I think I should tell you something." Those words terrified me, was he breaking up with me? If he was I was never climbing trees again.

Stay calm, I told myself as I asked him, "What?" in an innocent voice hoping and praying he wasn't breaking up with me. I don't know what I would do it was hard to picture my life before we were going out and I sure as hell didn't want to picture my future without him. Sure high school relationships rarely ever lasted but I am pretty sure this one can…but then again I could be very wrong.

Trevor inhaled deeply oh god he's going to break up with me. Smiling lightly he said, "This summer I missed you so much and I wasn't sure if I could handle you being gone all the time," he was letting me go easy trying to make me feel better, I told myself turning my face emotionless, "But after a while I realized something I couldn't imagine what it would be like to not have you. It would be like the sun never rising it had to be. So what I'm trying to say is Avery I think I'm in love with you."

I stared at him, this was so not I was expecting and I was in no way prepared for it. A smile appeared on my face he just said he might be in love with me. He continued on with his speech that I expected he had put a lot of thought into, "I know how everyone says that in high school it's not real and that they don’t know what love is but the fact of the matter is that if this isn't love, what I feel for you, then I don’t think I'll ever know what it is." My smile grew even wider and I couldn't think up the words of a reply so I kissed him as sweetly as I could manage.

He was a little surprised when I pulled away and said, "I think I love you too," before going right back in and kissing him again. It was nearly midnight but the farthest thing from my mind right now was the fact that my dad was going to kill me because he had no idea where I was but that didn't matter I only cared about one thing right now and that was Skater Boy but most of society knows him as Trevor Warner the bad ass kid that fell in love with a rock stars daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's the end, but there is an Epilogue!