Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

First Encounters

The next morning I awoke to my lovely father banging on the door yelling, "Avery wake up I need to talk to you!" I simply groaned and rolled over to go back to sleep but instead was met by my father already dressed for the day grabbing my comforter and ripping it off my bed.

"Avery I know that I haven't always been around while you were growing up-" he started but paused when I snorted in laughter, that was a big understatement he tours nearly three quarters of the year. My reaction merely caused him to frown but he continued, "I want to make it up to me, how about me and you go shopping after school?"

I stared at him jaw dropped, one my father hated shopping and two this was very out of character. "Why the sudden change of heart," I asked suspiciously but secretly inside I was jumping with joy, the last time he went shopping with me was nearly three years ago and that was because his girlfriend Kat short for Katrina dragged him along with us.

"I should have spent more time with you a long time ago and yesterday when I realized I didn't know where you were and I thought to call your friends and the placed you hang out to find out if something happened to you it occurred to me I didn't know who your friends are, I didn't know where you hang out, and I didn't honestly know anything about you. It was a harsh realization and I don't want it to happen again. Now come on get up and ready for school, is one of your friends giving you a ride?" Gerard asked finishing up his speech while he sat on my bed smiling.

My mind was bursting with joy as I nodded and said, "Yeah Adam is picking me up, and I guess I'll see you after school." Gerard nodded getting up and leaving making sure to shit the door behind him as he walked down the hallway.

Practically sprinting I ran into my bathroom and took a shower before changing into a pair of blue jeans that had a studded belt, red tank top with a skull on it that said 'Make Music Not War', fishnet gloves that went to my elbows, and my black high top converses that had red shoe laces today. Then I applied make-up, which consisted of black eyeliner, red eye shadow, and mascara. By the time I grabbed my Jack Skeleton messenger bag and threw my sidekick and ipod in it Adam was already honking the horn out front of my house.

Darting down the stairs I was surprised to hear my dad yell, "Bye Avery see you after school." I didn't get to ponder much on it because Adam hit his horn again only allowing me to yell over my shoulder, "Bye dad."

Adam had a very nice car and I was jealous the outside just looked like a normal car painted black but the interior had the most amazing stereo system ever, smooth leather seats that even had heaters in them and of course it had a sky roof. "I got you your favorite," Adam said pointing at the two cups of Starbucks coffee causing me to squeal and grab one before sipping at my white chocolate mocha.

For the most part the ride consisted of us chatting about random stuff that occurred over spring break while listening to music. I told him about how I made fun of Brandon, my stepbrother, for getting a girlfriend and he told me a bunch of seniors got arrested while getting plastered out in the woods. After a good ten minutes we parked the car and walked towards the large gray-bricked school where hundreds upon hundreds of students all sat in their little posses of people waiting for the bell to ring. Adam and I walked over to the picnic table where our group has been meeting everyday sense we were freshmen last year.

Zach and Kyle were already there glaring at each other for one reason or another that I probably wouldn't care about. They were both in there usual attire, Zach wearing jeans and a Anti-Flag t-shirt with short black hair spiked up with gel while Kyle was wearing jeans and an Element t-shirt with his normal messy brown hair. Smiling I walked over and took a seat on the bench between them before saying in a bright and happy voice, "Ready for another day of hell?"

"What has you so happy," mumbled Zach finally glancing towards me only to continue glaring at Kyle.

My smile widened at the answer, "Well one I got coffee and my dad is taking me shopping after school today, I don't think anything could bring me down, "I said happily throwing my messenger bag on the table.

"I think that might," Adam said grimacing as he pointed towards a group of boys approaching. He was right it did. There were four boys all walking like they owned the place. The leader, Colton, easily stood out with his bleach blond hair and striking blue eyes plus he reached a shocking height of 6'4'. Next was Jesse, he was a bad kid to mess with, he'd been arrested twice for assault and could easily stand out with his bright red hair and deep emerald colored eyes. Then there was the baby of the group, Jake, who constantly followed Colton around and had the most insane black Mohawk with blood red tips. Lastly was the boy that I liked to refer to as 'Asshole' because of his hatred for me and his name was Trevor, he hated me for some strange unknown reason and loved to bug me. He was the most normal of the group with his shaggy black hair, dark green eyes, and nicely tanned skin, needless to say he was one of the school heat throbs but then again so was Zach.

Trevor led the group like he usually did when it came to messing with us, Colton just let him take control. "Now Zach I know you've been getting desperate lately but doing that is low even for you," Trevor said pointing at me with a sneer that made my skin crawl.

"That the best you can come up with," I hissed cutting off Zach from replying as I glared at him. These guys were the school bullies and for some reason they got a kick out of not exactly bullying us but just annoying us, and it was ruining my good mood.

Colton stepped forward and laid down a remark that caused all three boys, Zach, Adam, and Kyle to jump up, "I like a girl that puts up a fight, " and winking at me. If I wasn't proving that what they said bothered me I would have shuddered at the fact that Colton currently had traveling eyes. Trevor glared at his friend before saying with a snicker, "Why on earth would you want to do that? Are you sure it's female?" Colton just simply smirked again in reply.

I just sat there my face blank not letting anyone let on how I felt about the comment. I knew it wasn't true if it was I wouldn't have had two boyfriends already. At the thought of boyfriends I instantly thought of Max and how I missed him but knew better then to go back out with him. I always trust my friends judgment on boyfriends, one they're guys they know if the guy is an asshole and two they matter more then any boyfriend.

"Are we done acting like children?" I asked standing up and grabbing my messenger bag as soon as the bell rand for first period and walked inside with Zach, Adam, and Kyle close behind. Making my way to my locker that was conveniently next to Adam who was the only one in the group that applied himself enough like me to take AP English in tenth grade. Who am I kidding Adam is a genius he's taking all AP classes while I'm in AP English 2, AP World History, Pre-Ap Geometry, and of course my worst subject due to my joy of watching things explode is regular core Chemistry. Zach was in my Geometry class and Chemistry class for similar reasons, Kyle was in my history, Geometry, and Chemistry class, while Adam is in my English and History classes.

Then there were electives, I personally was taking Creative Writing, Art, and gym. Kyle took creative writing so I wouldn't be alone and he was also in my art class along with Adam. Gym was the only class I didn't have any of the guys in unless we were playing against the guys in some sport. I personally had no problem with gym it was easy and the coaches got onto me freshman year about picking up a sport but I'm to hooked on skateboarding to apply myself.

"Come on Adam," I said grabbing my AP English text book, AP English binder, and pencil case out of my locker not even bothering to lock it. All that was in it were textbooks and a bunch of lyrics from songs written in Sharpie from when I got bored last semester.

Taking my usual seat in the back corner of the classroom while Adam was up front due to his need to academically apply himself I set my bad down with a loud groan and laid my head on my desk. The coffee was wearing off and I was still tired. As soon as the bell rang I lifted my head off my desk knowing our English teacher Mrs. Peterson would give me detention after school and I wanted to go to the mall after school with my dad. For the first time in my life I had motivation not to get detention.

Mrs. Peterson could be accused for taking her subject to seriously to the point that all anyone wants to do is cut their ears off rather then list to more Shakespeare. She constantly had her thin blond hair pinned back in a bun making her look much older then thirty and she had the sharpest eyes ever, she was the best teacher at catching students who pass notes.

As soon as Mrs. Peterson opened her mouth to start talking the door opened revealing Trevor in all his glory late like usual. Looking around I realized naturally the only seat left is in the back of the classroom next to me. "Mr. Warner I expect you to report for detention after school," Mrs. Peterson said as Trevor groaned and began walking over to the desk next to me making sure to glare at me.

I rolled my eyes in response and kept my head faced forward as Mrs. Peterson talking about some book we'd be required to read for the next two weeks but I just drowned her out. It always amazed me the Trevor managed to end up in an AP class with his lack of ambition, I mean even I have more ambition then him and that's saying something. About half way threw the period I felt a piece of paper hit me on the head and plop down on my desk. Glancing over I realized it was Trevor and pushed towards the side of my desk and continued taking notes. I didn't care what Trevor said in the note it was not worth getting detention over today.

By the time the bell rand for the end of class I had a grand total of seven notes from Trevor, it seemed to bother him that I wouldn't reply so he kept throwing them. Groaning I shoved all seven of them in the bag and slowly dragged myself out of the classroom. As soon as I walked over to my locker where Adam already stood piling his books in and grabbing his books for his next class I opened my locker to find a note taped to the inside of door, It was odd for one there was a red heart drawn on the front and two why would any of my friends tape a note to my locker door when they could just hand it to me.

My mind did get much time to ponder because I didn’t want to be late for my History class. Quickly I grabbed the note and walked off towards my History class dodging the hundreds of people all pushing themselves threw the hallway. Silently I slipped into class with my mind plagued by the question, what was note about and who sent it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love my fours subscribers with all my heart.
Here's a special thanks to
Esme.Ecstasy for being the first one to show support on Mibba
allstar92095 for being an awesome friend
:) :) :)