Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Sugar Coat It

Chapter 7
The next morning I woke up around eleven before changing into a pair of blue jeans and a red tank top with a white skull wearing a crown on the front, and my faithful high top converses. I already had my sidekick shoved in my pocket as I walked down the stairs into the kitchen to grab something to eat but I was shocked to find Lyn-z wearing a pair of jeans and one of my dad's t-shirts while cooking what appeared to be mac and cheese.

As soon as she saw me standing in the doorway a smile appeared on her face as she said cheerfully, "Hi Avery." I mumbled hello and walked over to the fridge grabbing a Vanilla Iced Starbucks Coffee out of the fridge. I was about to walk away but Lyn-z stopped me dead in my tracks by asking, "You don't like me do you Avery?"

"No, "I said, her face fell but I continued, "I don't know you so I couldn't honestly answer that." She nodded in understanding as I walked out of the room and sat down on the couch ready to endure another long boring day of watching TV. I was still tired from last night, I had stayed up until around two just texting Logan about everything and nothing at the same time it was so strange but in ways he was really similar to Zach.

My mind was completely concentrated on watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that I screamed when I felt someone plop down next to me. Quickly turning my head I saw Lyn-z with an apologetic look on her pale face. "I'm sorry I was just going to ask if you'd like to go shopping? Get to know each other."

I thought about it, what else was I going to do? "Sure," I said before adding, "I'm dead broke though." She smiled and said, "Well I suppose I'll just pay if in trade you show me around." After Lyn-z got ready we drove up to the mall and practically shopped until we dropped. I bought six new band shirts, three tank tops, one hoodie, four pairs of jeans, two skirts, and different random accessories.

After all that shopping we ended up in the food court around five eating Chinese food. Lyn-z turned out to be pretty cool. "So have fun today?" Lyn-z asked eating some fried rice and sweet and sour chicken. I nodded. Everything was going great until I heard her next question, "Okay if you don't mind me asking what's up with you and Gerard?"

It took me a couple seconds to answer, what do you tell your new step-mom when the truth is your relationship sucks. "Well my dad and I don't really talk much I guess he's away a lot. I've never been on tour with him even though last summer he toured with my favorite band, Billy Talent, and as you know he tours quite a bit. It's just strange I guess were almost not used to each other." My plan was to sugar coat it all.

Lyn-z stared awkwardly at me not sure what to say but she was thankfully saved by my cell phone going off playing the ring tone She Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd. I groaned aloud knowing full well it was Max. Pressing the ignore button I turned back to Lyn-z who had a questioning look on her face. I was about to make up an explanation but the phone went off again and again until finally I sighed and picked up.

"Finally Avery we can talk this out I know we can. You’re my girl-" I hung up the phone and slammed it on the table. I beginning to understand why everyone told me he was bad news.

"Who was that?" Lyn-z questioned her face full of concern. I wanted to lie but I honestly couldn't think of one.

Caving in I said, "My ex-boyfriend keeps calling me everyday begging me to go out with him again. He's just upset cause my friends didn't like him so I broke up with him but I'm starting to get why they don't like him." She nodded but her face gave way that it worried her. Soon after she drove me home, by then we were talking about normal stuff like skateboarding and music.

That night when I was sitting in my bed room reading fourth Harry Potter book for the third time my dad walked in randomly and sat on my next to me. I didn't bother looking up from the book as Gerard began to speak, "Avery is there something you need to tell me?" That was a very bland question, there are millions of things I should probably tell him.

Shrugging I didn't reply and continued to read my book until he finally said, "So you have an ex-boyfriend? Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend? I want to meet all the guys you date to prevent them from turning out to be a stalker."

I laughed at this. I couldn't help myself. He looked at me like I was insane. "Dad I went out with Max for eight months and you were only there for the last month of the relationship. You were away the entire time."

Guilt appeared across his face. Guilt seemed to be stalking him lately. "We can get your number changed if you want?" he offered grabbing the book from me so I wouldn't continue reading and ignoring him.

"No I have it under control," I lied. It was so strange having him freak out and act so…fatherly. Gerard did something next that shocked both of us, he hugged me. I can't even remember the last time he hugged me. I suspect it was when I was nine or ten. It felt so different almost like I was safe.

Gerard whispered in my ear, "I love you Avery, " before walking out of the room quickly as if he were nervous about what he just did. That night I fell a sleep with a smile on my face. By the time Monday rolled around my mind was completely set on one thing, getting revenge on Matt for beating up Adam. That morning I was sure to dress in an outfit I could fight in. Wearing a pair of comfy jeans, Jack Skeleton t-shirt, red jacket with black skulls all over it, and my high top black converses I got a ride from Adam like any other day.

His eye was still black and swollen but as a whole he looked much better. Apparently his mom had freaked out over the black eye and she wouldn't let him out of her sight for the entire weekend. Pulling up into the school parking lot my eyes were already scanning for Matt much to Adam's annoyance. "If your going to beat the crap out of him at least wait until after school so he can't take his anger out on me."

"I'm not going to beat him up I'm just going to scream at him and make him feel like shit," I said simply as we walked over to the table where Kyle sat alone. Normally Zach was here by now because Logan got dropped off early for practice. "Where's Zach?" I asked sitting next to Kyle smiling.

"I don't know," Kyle said simply. He didn't really care. Only minutes later Zach showed up but he wasn't alone two girls were trailing behind him like annoying toddlers. One of them was the 'school bitch' Cambria with her bleach blond hair, blue green eyes covered by make-up, and she was wearing her usual attire of a short blue jean skirt, pink tank top, and a silver colored jacket. The other one was Piper with her strawberry hair, emerald colored eyes, crazy obsession with Zach in hand, and she was wearing a pair of low rider blue jeans, a pink Hollister hoodie, and a pair of black ballet flats.

"Zach I didn't know you were such a ladies man," Adam said laughing as Zach protectively took a seat between me and Kyle or maybe he just didn't want Cambria or Piper to be able to sit next to him. I gave him a hug while laughing at what Adam said.

"Why are you spending time with her when were right here?" Cambria hissed sitting across the table with Piper. Cambria just all out annoyed me, I know Piper's just jealous because Zach would never give her the time of day because unknown to most he's actually into smart girls not dumb blonds. It took me months to get him to tell me and I was so shocked by the discovery I nearly fainted.

Zach rolled his eyes the comment and said in an annoyed voice, "Go away, if your going to talk crap about my friends then I don't want to talk to you. Now run along and go fuck the football team. I don't want hear you say anything bad about Avery because you have to remember all my girlfriends have to be given the green light by her." Zach smirked. It was true he made sure every girlfriend he had is okay by me he trusts my judgment and neither of those girls would pass.

Cambria rolled her eyes and dragged Piper away who obviously didn't want to leave. "Yeah! Another day of high school a.k.a. hell," I said with fake enthusiasm and that day was hell. Trevor, Colton, Jake, and Jesse decided to annoy us at lunch when we are all sitting at our usual table in the back corner of the cafeteria as far away from everyone as we could possibly get. We were just sitting at our table eating the shitty cafeteria food when they walked up and started a fight.

Like usual Colton was leading the group bleach blond hair and cold blue eyes. Trevor was following close behind wearing his usual smirk when it had anything to do with us while Jake and Jesse came up the rear ready for a fight. "So Avery how about you and me get together sometime?" Colton asked sliding down beside. Kyle began to curl his hand up in a fist so tight his knuckles were turning white.

I glared at him before saying in a rude voice, "I would rather kiss a pig at least it would be better looking." Adam snickered at this while Colton glared at him.

The next comment caused Zach to pop red with anger. Trevor began laughing and said smiling, "I told you Colton she swings the other way." Zach who was easily mad over the stupidest remarks about his friends approached Trevor ready to throw a punch. I had to stop this.

"Why is that all you do is talk about me Trevor? You'd think you like me or something," I said laughing. It cooled Zach down a bit. Trevor's face paled instantly before his dark green eyes turned into a glare. He looked really pissed by my comment.

"I couldn't like an ugly little dyke like you. I can barely even look at you. I'm not even sure if you could be called a girl with boobs that small. Who in their right mind would fuck-" Trevor never got to finish his insult because Zach's fist collided with his jaw. I don't know who he was fooling I don't have small boobs.

The bell rang seconds later and we all took off running out of the cafeteria not wanting to get caught by a teacher. Well now there's only one period left until I can start my mission, make Matt pay for what he did to Adam. I couldn't help but smirk as I walked into my next class taking a seat in the back row.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hola awesome readers.
I'm very happy with all the subscribers and comments.
I couldn't ask for anything else.
:) :) :)
Marieke