The Nightmare Before Easter

The Very Short and Somewhat Odd Beginning.

“O , somewhere deep inside these bones, an emptiness begins to grow...,” Jack sang wearily. Not only was he tired of the “same old thing”, but he was beginning to tire of singing the same old song, too. How many times was he going to have to sing this before he found something new?

Jack grumpily strolled through the grave yard on his way to his favorite spot in all of Halloween Town: The Graveyard Hill. Nearly there, Jack stopped by the best grave there: his best friend Zero’s. His grave was appropriately decorated and carved to look like a doghouse with bones, chew toys, and a nice carving of what Zero looked like in his live years. Today Zero looks almost like a floating hanky, with his cute puppy face and a glowing jack-o’-lantern for a nose.

Jack summoned Zero with 2 simple pats of his hand on his leg while standing close to his grave. Zero came springing out and playfully wove between Jack’s long, skinny legs. “No, boy, not now,” Jack told Zero. “I’m not in the mood,” he added, mumbling. Despite his efforts to calm his friend, Zero wouldn’t leave poor Jack to ponder, so Jack sent him flying through the forest after a makeshift stick, being one of Jack's own ribs, leaving Jack to think.

* * *

Late that night, Jack once again found himself in the heart of the woods, where the mysterious doors were all aligned in a perfect circle, all representing a different holiday, only two of which Jack knew about, that being Christmas Town and Halloween Town. Today, though, he needed something different. He took a close look at all the doors. One seemed to look like a big bird (Jack thought that was a bit strange), and another one looked a bit like a fancy-looking leaf, which he didn’t have a slight clue about either. But the last door really caught his eye. It was a yellow, pink-striped egg, and it just seemed a bit more special than the other two. So he called over Zero, took a deep breath, and dove straight in, caught in a whirlwind.

* * *
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its pretty short, and I'm sorry. But you'll see why I had to make it this short in the next chapter. COMMENT ON MY PROFILE!!! : D