The Nightmare Before Easter

What's This?

“Help ,” Jack yelled, as he spiraled helplessly through the dark, dank air surrounded this time by a whirlwind of flower petals, instead of cold snow. But this change in atmosphere made it no easier to endure. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Jack stopped spinning. But there was no change in lighting. It was just as dark as ever. The flower petals fell slowly at his feet. When they had settled, Jack felt around the dark room, and finally found something that resembled a doorknob.

When he opened it, he stepped into a very dimly lit room. It seemed that there was a small nightlight plugged into the wall opposite him, next to a small bed. Jack carefully stepped around all the miscellaneous toys and plushies on a soft pink carpet. What was this place, he thought, as he walked slowly to the open window, which was draped with silk, pink curtains, fluttering in the soft breeze. Before he got there, though, something moved.

In the small, pink sheeted bed, something was moving. Jack slowly moved towards it to investigate. He saw soft, medium length blonde hair sticking out from underneath the thick pink quilt. Then, he saw a small hand, about as long as half his long, bony finger, come slowly and sleepily from underneath the sheets, too. It seemed to be stretching. Jack was fascinated. He had never seen any skin as healthy and young as this, as all the hands and feet of his friends at home were a pale grey or deathly blue. He leaned closer and closer to this breathing form, inching forward ever so slightly and continuously.

The small, living creature seemed to be sleeping. Jack kept coming forward, more curious than ever. But then, to poor Jack’s horror, it began to stir once more, but this was more of a waking stir, and the creature began to stretch its small arms into the air.

Inching out from underneath, a small, creamy colored face poked out from underneath the thick quilt, groggily trying to focus. Not successful with this, it began to rub its small fists into its eyes. Looking up at Jack was a little girl, of maybe 4 years, but Jack did not know what it was. All he knew was that he must have somehow woke this small creature, which appeared to be a girl.

He was nose to nose with this small girl, who was staring up at him with big, shiny blue eyes, its small, yet still long, thin eyelashes almost touching Jack’s eye sockets. Her small mouth was in a small 'Oh' of surprise, as if not knowing how to comprehend Jack’s skeletal face staring up at her in the early hours of the morning, perhaps 2 A.M. at the latest.

But to Jack’s surprise, instead of screaming like all the other things he had scared suddenly, the little girl switched to a confused look. In a small, groggy, high pitched voice, she asked Jack, “Bunny? Are you the Easter Bunny?”.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit longer, but still pretty short. Its all piecing together! And things only get better. PLEASE COMMENT ON MY PROFILE!! : D