The Nightmare Before Easter

Into Town.

Sally landed in the closet. Opening the door, she stepped into Lindsay’s room, not knowing it was really the place that Jack had left just moments earlier. Without a second thought, Sally ran as fast as she could out of the room, through the hallways, into the living room and out the door. Not knowing she had just missed Jack and Zero, she kept running, only she inconveniently went the opposite way into town that Jack had.

Making it into the bustling streets, Sally began her question parade, asking every living soul she saw if they’d seen Jack. Of course, all she got were screams of terror and a few wacks to the head with shopping bags, but she hardly noticed. All she knew was that no one had seen Jack, and she was running out of options.

She turned and saw that she was standing next to the police station. Suddenly brimming with relief, she ran into the police station. She surprised a “jolly” police officer, who instead of filling out the day’s overflowing paperwork, was eating a chocolate doughnut with pink icing on top and rainbow sprinkles, sipping his coffee. Sally ran over to him so fast, papers went flying.

The official was playing solitaire, so he didn’t seem to mind. He just mumbled, while still staring at the screen, “County police, what’s your emergency?”. Sally said confidently, “I’m looking for a skeleton, about 13 feet tall, wearing a black striped suit and a bat for a bow-tie. Have you seen him?”.

The officer froze. For a brief moment, Sally thought he had seen him. But the officer suddenly laughed. “Is this some kind of joke? I mean, come on. Is that...all...you’ve......g-g-got-t...,”. The officer had looked up. He had dropped his donut. He had spilled his coffee all over the un-finished paperwork. He was looking up at her, mouth agape, donut dropping out of it. His eyes were locked upon her in fear. He was frozen in horror, but Sally made no mind. She just awaited his answer.

Then... he fainted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short-ish, yes, but I've come to the conclusion that most of Sally's chapters will be short. COMMENT ON MY PROFILE!!! : D