The Nightmare Before Easter

They Meet at Last.

Oops. The police officer was now out cold, hot coffee sopped on his shirt, squashed doughnut underneath his massive girth. Sally suddenly felt very alone any useless. She’ll never find Jack. What will she do?

All this was racing through her mind when she suddenly heard louder screams. She turned around and there, with a strange creature and Zero with him, was Jack, quickly speeding toward what she had seen earlier as an abandoned park. She rushed out to meet them.

By the time she had made it through the crowd, they were already at the park. She stopped for a moment, behind a lamp post, letting the relief, and a smile, spread over her.

She then sped toward them so fast, her hair was fluttering straight behind her. She caught up with them. At last. She tapped Jack’s shoulder. He turned toward her. Her smile grew larger as his smile began. “Jack,” Sally said, suddenly so relieved that her knees grew weak.

“Sally! ” Jack cried out, “How did you find me?”

“I had a vision after you didn’t show up in the graveyard. I was so worried for you. So scared. I can’t believe I found you,” Sally breathed.

“Sally, we desperately need your help,” Jack told her.

“We? Who’s we,” Sally asked, suddenly confused.

“Oh! ” Jack exclaimed. “This is Lindsay. Her bedroom is the room that you walk into when you get out of the closet. I found her sleeping. Apparently today’s a holiday they call Easter, and Lock, Shock, and Barrel let loose the Easter Bunny, and without him, Easter won’t happen. So we need to find that Bunny and get their holiday back. Apparently he’s hiding in this park, so we’re going to find him,” Jack explained, exasperated.

“Ok, let’s go,” Sally said. She looked down and saw Lindsay standing next to Jack in her nightgown. “Well, hello there,” Sally said, crouching down. “I’m Sally. I hope I can help you find your Easter Bunny.”

“I’m sure we will,” Lindsay responded. So they set off. After about 2 hours of splitting up and looking for the Bunny, Lindsay exclaimed, “I FOUND HIM!!!”

Everyone, even Zero, raced over to see. Sure enough, there was the large, terrified pink Bunny.

“Mr. Bunny, do you think you can save Easter,” Lindsay asked. As if in response, the Easter bunny twitched it’s nose, straightened it’s sash, grabbed it’s giant sack full of plastic eggs and candy filled baskets, suddenly realizing it was Easter. He checked the time, tried to remember where his Rabbit hole was, and it all flooded back to him. He was the Easter Bunny, and he had a holiday to fix.

Setting off at light speed, he started his journey to fix Easter. Jack, Sally, Lindsay, and Zero all exchanged relieved glances. Suddenly, Lindsay yawned and began to sway.

Jack lifted her off the ground, cradling her in his long arms. In an instant, she was asleep. Jack and Sally began the long journey to carry her home. Once there, Jack gently tucked her in. Yawning, Lindsay mumbled “Thank you Jack. Thank you Sally. You saved...Easter...”. Jack and Sally smiled at her sleeping figure.

Sally pulled the blankets to her chin while Jack glanced behind him. He realized that there were eggs hidden in ridiculously easy places, easy enough for a four year old girl to find. They were everywhere around the house. He also noticed a large, candy filled basket sitting on her dresser. Attached to it was a thank-you note from the Easter Bunny. Jack set the basket next to Lindsay.

“We’ll come back to visit, we promise,” Jack whispered. Zero jumped up and brushed against her small cheek, bidding her a farewell only a ghost-dog could give.

Suddenly, they heard the front door open and a motherly, feminine voice call “Lindsay honey, I’m home ”.

The three heros hid in the closet as Lindsay’s mother walked in. She saw her daughter sleeping with the basket by her side, and a smile snuck onto her face. She leaned over and kissed her daughter’s forehead goodnight (or good morning).

After she left and went into her room, Jack, Sally, and Zero closed the closet door and were immediately swept off their feet and sucked up into a shower of flower petals and strong winds, immersed in darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, that wasn't my best almost-ending idea. But yeah. X3 PLEASE POST COMMENTS ON MY PROFILE!!! : D