Status: Complete

Staal

Chapter 16 - Epilogue

"Dad, I don't know why I'm pegged to go so high."

"You're pegged to go so high because you're an amazing hockey player. Don't worry about it. If you don't want to get drafted, we'll just haul you off the list." My husband smiled, walking into the elevator with the rest of our family.

"It's not that I don't want to get drafted, I don't want to be drafted because I'm your child."

"You're not getting drafted because you're his kid. Trust me. If you were, you'd be getting drafted in like the fifth round." Eric smiled.

We all made our way into Madison Square Garden and took our seats close to the stage. Everyone made small talk until the commissioner took the stage.

"We would like to thank the New York Rangers for hosting this Draft weekend. And we would also like to send our congratulations out to the Toronto Maple Leafs and their captain, Jordan Staal on their Stanley Cup victory."

The arena erupted in applause and cheers.

"Now then, let's get this draft started. With the first selection, the Ottawa Senators."

I watched as the Senators organization took the stage. I leaned back into my chair and grabbed the thing closest to me, which happened to be my daughters hand. Giving it a squeeze, I sat and listened for the news.

"Thank you Commissioner and the Rangers organization. Without further adieu, we select from the Toronto Marlies, Number 11, Emma Staal."

My baby just got drafted first overall! I jumped up and took her in my arms, holding her tightly.

"You did it, Squirt! You just got drafted!" I smiled, kissing her on her cheek and handed her over to her dad.

"That's my girl! I love you, Princess. Go join your team." Jordan smiled, kissing her forehead and ushering her down the stairs to take her place on stage with the Senators.

I smiled and watched as my son Jake took millions of pictures to capture Emma's moment of glory.

"We did it. Our baby made the draft!' Jordan said, kissing me lightly.

"I know. She worked so hard for this." I said, returning the kiss.

"I love you, Charli Staal. Happy 18th anniversary." Yes, the draft was our anniversary.

"I love you too, Jordan Staal. Happy anniversary.

The End !! :)
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's it. All over!
I hoped you enjoyed it....and that you comment!! :)