More Than Just A Mark On My Sheets

Zack Merrick-More Than Just A Mark On My Sheets(10

Taylor’s POV:

“Jack!” I called, walking onto the stage where they were doing sound check.
“Taylor!” He mocked, handing Jason over to me.
“Thanks,” I adjusted him on my hip. “Can I have my flat iron back?”
“Oh, um, about that… I kinda… broke it,” He admitted.
“How?” I laughed.
“I put it on the floor and forgot it was there, and kind of stepped on it.” I sighed and shook my head. “Sorry,” He smiled. “I’ll buy you a new one!” He offered.
I shrugged. “You don’t have to,”
“But I’m going to,”
“Okay,” I giggled and walked up to Zack. “Hey there,” I smiled.
“Hey, Tay,” He greeted, looking at me and then Jason, smiling slightly.
“That rhymed,” I pointed out.
“Yes it did,” He laughed. Jason giggled and reached his hand out at Zack. “Sorry bud, I’ve gotta tune this thing up.” He held the guitar in his hands in front of Jason and Jason smiled and began running his tiny hands along the strings.
I smiled at how Zack was getting more comfortable around Jason. I could tell it was finally starting to sink in that he had a son. The press still didn’t know about Jason or me. We were still hidden away from all the cameras and interviews. To the world, we didn’t even exist.
“Crap,” I muttered suddenly, remembering something.
“What?”
“Where am I going to put Jason during the show? It’s too loud for him when you guys are playing, it hurts his ears,” I explained.
“Hmm,” He looked up at the ceiling and stroked his imaginary beard. “Once we’re on stage, we could get Matt to sit in the dressing room with him,”
“I’ll go ask,” I turned on my heel and saw Matt standing behind me, chuckling.
“I’ll take care of him during the show,”
“You’re the best, Matty, did you know that?” I hugged him with one arm.
“Yes, I know.”
“What about me?” Jack pouted.
“I love you, too,” I smiled. Out of the corner of my eye, I could’ve sworn Zack was glaring at Jack; probably just my imagination.
“Oh, and I got you a new flat iron,” Matt informed me.
“But didn’t Jack break it?” Matt nodded.
“Jack told me to go buy you a new one. But I used his money, so it’s no big deal,”
“I never told you to use my money!”
“I didn’t break it, did I?” Jack shook his head. “Than why would I use my money, when I could use yours?”
“You’re fired!” Jack joked.
“Oh, you’d die without me,” Matt waved him off.
“That’s true,” Zack agreed.
- - -

Tear up the pictures, the pages you saved
Creating a life of trends and make believe…
Carry on home,
I’ll be waiting miles and miles away.
Leaving you to be, forever seventeen,
Cleaning up the messes that you’ve made.

I watched them finish up The Girl’s A Straight Up Hustler from backstage where the crowd couldn’t see me, but I could see them. Every once and a while on of the guys would glance over at me.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around, my breath catching in my throat when I saw who it was. It was Adam.
“W-what are you doing here?” I stuttered. I heard them start up The Party Scene.
“I think you know,” He smirked.
“No, I don’t, that’s why I asked,” I rolled my eyes. “How did you find me?”
He didn’t answer. Instead, he leaned in and tried to kiss me.
“Get away from me!” I screamed, hoping somebody would hear me. I doubt they would, the music was too loud. I could feel the drums pounding through my body, making the floor shake. He pressed me against the wall and tried to kiss me again. “Stop!” I shrieked as loud as I could.
The song ended and I guess one of the guys saw me, because I heard Alex introduce the next band quickly and they all came running off stage.
“What’s going on here?” Alex tore Adam off of me.
“Hey, don’t touch me!” He shoved Alex.
“Who is this?” Jack asked, pointing to Adam. I was in shock from him being here. Why would he come to find me?
“Adam,” I whispered. Zack snapped his head towards me and shoved Jack to the side.
“Where’s Jason?” He asked me, his eyes worried.
I froze. “Did you touch my child?” I stepped up to Adam.
“No, I don’t care about him,” Adam scoffed.
“Why are you here?” Zack was suddenly next to me, giving Adam a death glare.
“For her,” He pointed to me.
“Leave,” Rian snarled. I watched as they all yelled different things at Adam, and Adam yelled back. After a minute I ran to Matt, who was still in the dressing room.
“Taylor what’s wr-”
Matt was cut off by Zack, Adam, Alex, Jack and Rian busting into the room.
“Matt, take Jason to the bus,” Zack directed-keeping his eyes on me-knowing this wasn’t a good place for Jason to be right now, and also knowing I was too scared to speak.
“You kept him?” Adam asked. I nodded, feeling tears stream down my face. “You whore,” He laughed humorlessly.
I saw Zack getting ready to hit him but I jumped up from the couch and caught his hand, shaking my head. “Don’t,” I pleaded. His expression softened and he dropped his hand.
“Why are you here?” I demanded.
“Jane called me and told me where you were. She told me to bring you home,” My jaw dropped. I had trusted my Aunt Jane. I had trusted her not to tell anybody where I was. And out of all the people she could tell, she tells Adam. Why?
“Well, I’m not leaving, especially not with you,”
“Why?”
“Because you left me when I needed somebody there for me,”
“Hey, I didn’t get you pregnant,” He held his hands up in defense.
“You wouldn’t even get the blood test!” I cried.
“’Cause I knew I didn’t get you pregnant, and I was right,”
“Yeah, you were. You still could’ve helped me out,” Zack took my hand. I was too angry and terrified to feel the sparks.
“Well, now you can have me again,”
“Why the fuck would I want you back?” I snorted, trying to keep my composure.
“Are you saying you would rather be with this loser?” I tightened my grip on Zack’s hand a signal for him not to swing at him. I hadn’t noticed that Rian had left with Matt and that Alex and Jack were behind Zack and I.
“Zack is way better than you. He takes responsibility and doesn’t lie, unlike you. And aren’t you the one who broke up with me and told me you would never want me back again?”
“Yeah, because you suck in bed, bitch,”
Zack ripped his hand out of mine and punching Adam right in the stomach, making him fall to the ground, wrapping his arms around himself. I let the tears fall as I watched them hit each other.
“Don’t you ever call her that again!” He yelled. “You’re the one who ran away like a scared little pussy when you found out she was pregnant,”
“Yeah, you left her the next morning after you fucked her. Probably ‘cause she sucks at it,” He looked at me and I hid behind Zack, who was getting angrier by the second. I couldn’t believe this was all happening. I was causing everybody so much trouble. I had to leave, or do something so Zack and the rest of the guys didn’t have to deal with all of this drama that seems to follow me around like a lost puppy.
“Bullshit! That was the best damned night I’ve ever had, so I don’t know what you’re talking about,” The words that left Zack’s mouth shocked me, and made me blush through the river of tears.
“She’s just a little whore,” Adam growled.
“You’re the whore!” He screamed, pushing Adam back down when he stood up. “Get the fuck out of my sight, and don’t come back. She’s not going anywhere,”
“I’m not leaving,”
“Barry!” Zack called. I was beginning to shake like I had when Jane had called me. When Barry entered the room he immediately picked Adam up by the shirt and dragged him out of the room. He turned to me and I broke down, falling into his arms.
He pulled me over to the couch and into his lap, rocking me back and forth.
“I’m sorry,” I choked out, burying my face into his shirt.
“Why are you apologizing?”
“I cause so much drama around here!”
“It’s not your fault,”
“Maybe I should go live on my own again, and you can visit every once and a while.” I suggested.
“No,” He answered quickly, wrapping his arms around me tighter. “You’re staying here,” I sighed shakily.
“Your hand is bleeding,” I took his hand in mine, turning it over and running my finger over the cut.
“I’m fine,” He murmured, sending shivers down my spine. I prayed he didn’t notice.
I noticed Alex and Jack had left. They were probably outside, beating Adam up. I really hoped they were. I couldn’t believe he would come here and try to take me home, back to the place where nobody cared about me.
“Thanks Zack,” I hiccupped.
“Don’t cry,” He kissed my hair. “It’s gonna be fine,”
After I calmed myself down, I ended falling asleep in his arms, on the couch.