More Than Just A Mark On My Sheets

Zack Merrick-More Than Just A Mark On My Sheets(13)

Zack’s POV:

Did you know I hate Kennedy? You didn’t? Well I do. I really hate him. I think he needs to stop staring at Taylor’s chest whenever he talks to her.
“If looks could kill, Kennedy would drop dead. Chill the fuck out, man, you’re glaring like a mad man,” Jack muttered in my ear.
I sighed and looked away from Kennedy and Taylor until I heard Jason begin to cry, and Taylor groan. I jumped down from the stage and walked over to her, trying not to smirk as I watched Kennedy frown.
“I’ll take him,”
“No, you go practice,” She reassured me, but I took him anyways.
I adjusted Jason on my hip and walked around the stage slowly, listening as Taylor giggled at something Kennedy said.
“Taylor, I need your help!” Alex looked at me before saying this, winking at me secretly. I knew he was going to make something up for her to do so that she would get away from Kennedy.
“What do you need?”
“Do my hair?”
She laughed and rolled her eyes. She hugged Kennedy and waltzed up onto the stage. I watched Kennedy as he stared at her ass as she walked. Fucking pig.
- - -

Taylor’s POV:

Every day I was starting to like Zack more and more. It was a good thing, and a bad thing at the same time. Good, because I was supposed to like him. I think. Bad, because he’s never going to like me.
“Barbie!”
“That has nothing to do with my name,” Barry whined.
“I love it, though!” I smiled.
I chuckled and shook his head, hugging me. “How’s the Zack thing?” Barry was the only one I told about my little crush.
I sighed. “Same as always,”
“Baby girl, just tell him,” I shook my head.
“And get rejected? No thanks,”
“You’re a beautiful girl, he won’t reject you,” I shrugged.
I looked over and saw the boys walking over to us, and Barry and I switched the subject.
“Ay baby! What’s yo digits?” Jack asked, trying to act like a gangster. He slung an arm around my shoulders and brought me into the bus, the rest of the guys following.
“Rape!” I screamed.
“I wanna join!” Alex whined. I laughed and sat down on the couch next to Zack. The other three guys laughed and played around while Zack and I just sat there, watching Jason as he played with my hairbrush while sitting on the floor.
“What’s wrong?” I asked Zack, who seemed to be upset.
“Huh?”
“What is wrong?” I repeated myself.
‘Uh, nothing. Why?” He seemed to be lying.
“Because you seem upset. You can tell me if something’s bothering you,” I said, looking him in the eye. The guys didn’t seem to notice our little conversation.
“I’m fine,” He said a little more sternly.
“Are you sure?”
“I’m fucking fine!” He snapped, making me jump. The three boys turned their attention towards us and got quiet. Zack realized that he had flipped out on me and his eyes softened. Jason began crying and I move quickly before Zack could say anything. “Taylor!” I heard him call while I hurried out the door with Jason.
I couldn’t tell you why, but I sat down in the grass with my son, and began to cry.
“Hey, hey, what’s wrong?” Alex ran over to me. I sniffled and wiped the tears from my face, looking down.
“Nothing,”
“Zack didn’t mean to yell at you, he’s just been so uptight lately,”
“Because of me,” I mumbled.
“No,” He said seriously. “Look at me,” I did. “It’s not your fault. He’s probably just scared-Hell, I would be scared if I had a son at this age- but he’s still gonna be there, so don’t worry about that,”
I exhaled and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Thanks,”
“Anytime,” He patted my back and let me go. “C’mon, let’s go back to the bus.” I nodded and followed him.
“I brought her back!” Alex cried once we entered the bus.
Zack immediately stood up, staring at me and Jason like he had never seen us before. I walked back to the bunks and he followed me. I sat down in our bunk, and he did the same.
“I’m sorry,”
“It’s fine,”
“I shouldn’t have yelled at you though, you were only trying to help,” He continued apologizing.
“Zack, it’s alright,”
“And then you looked all scared and left. I thought you weren’t going to come back.” He said softly. I laughed.
“Where am I going to go?” He shrugged.
Before I could hug him I heard John’s voice call my name. Zack’s expression became unreadable as John joined us in the bunk area.
“Were you planning to ditch our food time?” John asked me.
“Oh! I forgot all about it, sorry Johnny,” I smiled.
“Let’s go!” he jumped up and down.
“I’ll be back in a while, Zack. Could you watch him?” I hugged Zack quickly and then pointed to our sleeping son. He nodded. “Thanks,” I smiled at him and walked out of the bus with John.
- - -

Zack’s POV:

“You better ask her out before this tour is over,” Jack told me.
“Jack, shut up,”
“No, Jack is right, if you don’t ask her soon, I will,” Alex chimed in jokingly.
“Well that’s just fucking great of you, pal,” I said sarcastically.
“Come on, man, you know I wouldn’t do that to you,”
“Whatever,”
“She needs you to be there for Jason-” Rian said.
“I am there for Jason, I defended myself.
“You didn’t let me finish,” I raised my eyebrows. “She needs you to be there for Jason, and for her, as well. And not just in a friend way,”
“Hey, are you ever going to tell the press about her?” Alex asked the question that had been echoing over and over again in my head for a few weeks now.
“I don’t know,” I sighed, leaning back onto the couch.
“You’re gonna have to at one point,”
“I know,”
“I think you should ask her out before Kennedy does,”
“Don’t mention his evil name on this bus,” I groaned.
“Zack,” Taylor’s voice whined as she unexpectedly came onto the bus. She threw herself onto the couch, her face dangerously close to my neck.
“What’s wrong?”
“I’m tired,” She smiled up at me.
“Go to bed,” I laughed.
“Carry me?” Alex smirked. I secretly flicked him off while I carried her bridal style back to the bunks.
“What time is your show tomorrow?”
“Nighttime, you can sleep in,” She clapped.
“Sweet!” She cheered, making me laugh. “Night, Zack,” She closed her eyes.
“Goodnight, Taylor,” I said quietly, walking back to the front of the bus. “Why does she have to be so hot?” I whispered, making Alex laugh.
“Oh, it’s horrible. Being attractive is a bad, bad thing. I, for one, hate it,” He teased.
“Oh shut up,” I rolled my eyes.
“You should go fuck her,” Jack suggested.
“I heard that, Jack!” Taylor screamed.
“Good!”
“Shut up, Jack,” I slapped him.
I liked Jack’s suggestion.