Status: Finished. :]

I'm Not into Goodbyes

The Only Chapter

We stood in silence with our arms locked around each other. He was always leaving. I knew he’d always come back, but it was always just as hard when he left. My porch light flickered on as Paul walked out with his puppy that I’d be taking care of while they were away.

My head rested against Martin’s chest as Paul clipped a leash onto the puppy’s collar and handed me the leash. The puppy yelped as he kissed the top of her head and put her on the ground before he disappeared into the bus.

Martin’s cheek was resting against the top of my head. The puppy barked once before sitting on her rear and then she started panting. Bryan sat on the porch swing and let out a sigh before he got up and made his way to the bus.

Martin tightened his grip on my waist, silently informing me that he had to leave soon. He lifted his cheek from the top of my head; I lifted my head to gaze into his beautiful eyes. He removed one of his arms from my waist to brush my bangs out of my eyes, then brushed away a tear with his thumb.

He lightly brushed his lips against mine and my arms fell from his waist. He grabbed my hands in his and intertwined our fingers before he kissed me again.

And I feel a weakness coming on
It never felt so good to be so wrong
Had my heart on lockdown
And then you turned me around
And I'm feeling like a newborn child
Every time I get a chance to see you smile
It's not complicated
I was so jaded


Words weren’t needed. There was an unspoken bond between us, a bond that couldn’t be broken easily. It had been like this since day one. He could read me so easily—he knew when I was happy, sad, frustrated; and now I could just as easily read him.

I was brought back to reality by Paul complaints of the traffic they would encounter if Martin didn’t hurry up. Marin flipped him off and kissed me again. He rested his cheek against the top of my head again as Bryan started complaining.

Sandy—Paul’s puppy—barked once, then wagged her tail before thunder sounded and lightening stuck. It was time to let go of him now, for however long of a time that might be, even though I didn’t want to.

“I love you, Hannah,” he whispered. And those three words reassured me that everything would be okay; that he would come back and it would be just us again. He kissed my forehead and in that moment, I knew everything would work out perfectly.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, sweet, and to the point.
Like it?

For Hannah.