If Today Was Your Last Day

All That We Needed

“Mom! Dad’s here! Hurry up!” at the sound of a car parking on our driveway, Megan began jumping up and down in front of the door whilst I fixed up my makeup.

Tom had decided to take us out for the day. Just me, Tom, Bill and Megan. I have no idea where he plans on taking us, but he says that we’ll enjoy it. But it’s limited, I mean, the fair is now over, Tom doesn’t like circuses or zoo’s because he thinks it’s unfair to the animals, so what else is there to do? I doubt Tom would be taking us shopping.

“Mom! Hurry!” I grabbed my small bag before leaving my bedroom and walking down the stairs of the box filled house. I had phoned multiple schools in the area that Tom lives in Germany and explained the situation, one of them accepted Megan and so she starts in the next half term. So when Tom leaves for Germany, which is tomorrow, Megan and I will be joining him, and Megan can’t wait. She can’t wait to start fresh.

“Took your time,” Megan giggled, turning around on her heel and opening the front door, running towards
Tom’s car. I opened the car door to the backseat and put in the booster seat for Megan, letting her get in and buckle herself in on her own. She was old enough to do that now. I shut the door and walked around the car to the passenger seat, getting in myself.

“Hallo,” Tom leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before starting the engine and reversing off the driveway.

“Where are we going, dad?” Megan asked from the backseat.

“You have to wait and see,” Tom grinned. I looked forward out the windscreen and noticed that we were going in the direction of the park. Heh. Then I realised that the car was surprisingly quiet. Where was Bill? Why would he be meeting us at the park? Wouldn’t he be in the car with us? What has Tom got planned?

“The park! Are you we going to the park?” Megan asked as the swings came into view.

“Maybe,”

“Dad you drove past the car park!” I turned around in me seat to see that Megan’s face was squashed against the window, her eyes following the car park as the car drove further and further away from it.

“We’re not going to the park, Megan. Somewhere else,” I saw Tom smirk in the corner of my eyes. Before I turned to face the front again, I saw a black case poking above Megan’s seat.

Tom’s guitar case.

I knew exactly where we were going.

The car came to a stop and a man tapped on Tom’s window, signalling he wanted Tom to roll it down, which he did. The sudden cold air blowing into our faces.

“Are you here to play?” Tom nodded his head and the man backed away, allowing us to drive on to the VIP car park.

“Where are we?” Megan asked as the engine came to a stop and Tom took his keys out of the ignition.

“A field,” was all Tom replied as he got out of the car and walked to the boot, opening it up and picking up his guitar case.

“Why are we at a field?” Megan unbuckled her seat belt and waited for me to get out of the car and walk to her car door to open it for her. She always struggled to do it herself.

“You’ll have to wait and see,” I opened the car door for Megan and she hopped out onto the mud, a confused look on her face. That would explain why Tom told us to where wellies, or to at least where something that we don’t mind getting muddy.

“Why have you got your guitar with you?” she was full of questions.

“You’re full of questions, aren’t you?” so he can read my mind too?

“No. I’m just confused and I’m trying to get answers,” Tom chuckled and responded with, “well, to get your answer, you’ll have to just wait and see,” and with his guitar case in one hand and Megan’s tiny hand (compared to his) in the other, we walked further into the field to come across a huge stage and a mass of people in front of it. Tom stopped in his tracks and turned to face Megan and I.

“Now. I have to keep going forwards, but you two, and need you to go over to that man over there. His name is Zac, our bodyguard. He’s waiting for you and he’ll take you to the front. Now Megan, I want you to put this in your ears to protect them, okay?” he put his right hand into his pocket and fished out two little pink ear buds.

“What are you doing?” Megan asked as I took the ear buds from Tom and began to place them in her ears.

“You’ll see in five minutes,” and with that, Tom turned on his heel and walked away from us, leaving Megan and I to walk over to Zac.

***

“Hallo Las Angeles!” A loud cheer roared from around Megan and I. Megan turned around in my arms and shouted down my ear, “what is Bill doing?” I knew perfectly well what he was doing.

Their last show in Germany wasn’t cancelled. They didn’t have a show planned on the day that Tom came back. I know this because Tom told me their schedule when he first left. He claimed he had one more concert so that it was a surprise when he turned up on the doorstep. I admit, I forgot when the tour ended, but I knew what was happening. They wouldn’t have come back to America just to spend a couple of days here, but they had a festival to play in. It’s only one song, but it’s the last one till they come back from making their new album. Yeah, I feel bad that they came back for the festival as well as Megan and I, but it’s their job and anyway, we’re moving in with Tom, so that makes everything better.

“We are going to play Live Every Second!” Bill shouted, earning more screams.

“There’s daddy!” Megan screamed at me, looking back up at Tom and waving at him, receiving a grin back.

“Watch him,” I shouted at Megan, hoisting her up onto my shoulders so that she could see him better, even though we were front row, she still struggled to see over the barrier and the edge of the stage because she’s so small.

“From today all days are only half as long, Nothing left to laugh about, Yesterday is one million years ago, The day before already wiped out, Time’s been replaced by a countdown, The sun is shinin’ day and night, Sorry, I was just thinkin’ twice, Wake me up, cause time is running out, Running out, Running out, running out. Live every second here and now, Don’t let go live every second, Here and now don’t let go. Before it’s too late, Before it’s too late. From today on life is just a TV show, You can even get a planet for free, the whole galaxy is chilling out, And time laps are all you can see, Don’t look back, cause now, is all that counts. Remember that before you forget, Sorry I was thinkin’ twice, Wake up, cause time is, Running out, Running out. Live every second here and now, Don’t let go live every second, Here and now don’t let go. Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Stop it now. Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up! Live every second here and now, Don’t let go live every second, Here and now don’t let go. Before it’s too late, Before it’s too late, Wake up, Stop it now.”

Everyone was clapping, screaming, shouting “I love you”’s. Bra’s, roses, teddy bears were being thrown onto the stage as the final chord from Tom’s Flying V was played.

“Thank you L.A! You were amazing! We are now going back to Germany to start on the next album. See you again soon!” and with that, they all waved to the crowd and ran off the stage.

With Megan still on my shoulders, we pushed passed the other audience members and made our way to Zac who took us to find Tom (and Bill, Georg and Gustav of course).

I put Megan down on the floor when we reached Tokio Hotel’s dressing room backstage. Goosebumps ran up and down my arms at the memory of when I first met Tom personally. 6 years ago.

“You’ll just be a quick fuck to them!” I looked over to the now open door and saw four pairs of eyes on me.

I grinned as Zac opened the door to us and Megan ran over to Tom, jumping onto his lap. “Daddy! You were really good!” an unimpressed look spread across Tom’s face when Megan gave him a sloppy kiss.

“Ebony. Hannah will be here in a few minutes, she just went to have a toilet trip. When she gets back, we’re going to the top of the hill to watch the fireworks,” Every year at this festival, they would end the day with fireworks.

“Fireworks? I don’t like them!” Megan took out her ear buds and gave them to Tom. “they’re too loud!”

“Then wear your ear buds?” Tom asked her. Before Megan could answer, the door swung open behind me, hitting me in the back, followed by a “what the-“

“Hey Hannah,” I grinned, turning to face her, only to be tackled into a hug by a fat Hannah. Fat as in, she was pregnant.

“Oh my God! I’ve not seen you in ages!” she squealed, jumping up and down but soon stopping, most likely remembering that she had a baby growing inside of her. “Where’s my little princess?” her princess? Megan jumped off Tom’s lap and ran over to Hannah, throwing her arms around Hanna’s bulging stomach.

“Hannah you’ve got fat,” Megan moaned.

“No sweetie. There’s a baby in there,” I told her. Megan’s face instantly fell confused as she stared at Hannah’s stomach.

***

I lay in between Tom’s legs on the top of the hill, my head resting in the nook of his neck, his hands laying on my knees, playing with my fingers as we watched the fireworks. We were all laying or sitting on the grass as a group. Like we would’ve done 6 years ago. Just me and Tom cuddled together, Hannah laying on Georg with Georg’s hand on her stomach, Bill and Freddie laying on the grass tangled up in one another and Megan sat on Gustav’s knee, slowly drifting to sleep. We probably would’ve looked like any ordinary group of teenagers at a festival to a random pass-byer if they didn’t know who we all were, but what are the chances of that?

The final firework went off, creating a loud bang, making Megan jolt awake, only to close her eyes again. After a long, un-needed applause, everyone in front of us on the field started to get up and collect their things ready to leave, but we just lay there, relaxed with each other. It was a perfect moment. A perfect moment that didn’t need to be ruined.

Being in Tom’s strong arms was so relaxing for myself. I didn’t want to move. Breathe in fact. It was something I had missed, but of course something was going to interrupt it.

“Excuse me. You have to leave now,” we all looked up to see a security man looking down on us. Sighing, we all stood up and began to walk away, Gustav carrying Megan in his arms.

“Tom I’m tired,” I moaned, leaning my head on his shoulder as we walked towards his car. As small and simple those three words were, Tom took it to account and wrapped his right arm under my legs and kept his left arm around my waist, lifting me up so that he was carrying me bridal style.

“Tom? Are you practicing?” Bill chuckled from behind us.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I mumbled into Tom’s neck.

“Nothing,” I was too tired to think about it, so I just shrugged my shoulders, closing my eyelids and breathing in Tom’s scent that I loved oh so much, slowly falling into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title - plain white t's - all that we needed
longest chapter yet. XD i spent all day yesterday and this morning writing so I hope it's alright. XD
oh and i have no idea if Zac is tokio hotel's new bodyguard, i just randomly put that name in.
comments?