Falling For You.

Music To My Ears

After everyone settles in and the "new students" take their seats, our practical assignments take place.
We had to write a song and apply it to how we feel. Mine was called Falling Too Fast, guess you know who that is about.
"Jayde, you can go first", Mrs Windsor said loudly
"Me?" I blush as I say this
"Yes you! There is no one else in the room called Jayde is there?", Mrs sounds quite mad here.
"No", I replied quietly
Only to have a surprising word of encouragement.
"Go on, show us how good you are!"
That was Jake, he smiles at me, I smile back.
Then Amber looks at him and he turns away. She seems to control him, I don't see why he stands for that, if only he could see that we are meant to be.
I step up to the podium and have a feeling of elation. I have never felt this confident in all my life, the song lyrics just pour off my tongue.
"You, you're all I have ever wanted, needed, desire.
But you don't notice me.
To you, I'm something in the corner of your eye
Something that just exists.
I know everything about you
You don't even know my name
If only you would say you liked me
My world would be complete.
Maybe that's not the case
Maybe we won't end up together
The truth of the matter is
I have fallen for you
At 100 miles per hour
And had no one to catch me
Not even your blue eyes
I'm falling so fast
Please rescue me."
I step off the podium and sit back down, the whole class was cheering, even Amber!
"Wow, that was really good Jayde, I can see you put a lot of effort into that", Mrs Windsor almost sounded appreciative, it made me feel amazing.
Then to burst my bubble, Amber chips in
"Mrs I feel sick"
Mrs Windsor asked her what was wrong.
And her reply, "Jayde's song was so corny, "
Everyone laughs , no one sticks up for me. Jake just sits there, he looks awkward but laughs along with everyone else. Of course if it was the other way around everyone would have been wanting to kill me.
I want to hate him, but this feeling of love seems to have taken over me, it's almost like a curse it just seems unbreakable.