You Never Learned A God Damned Thing

08

"Wake up, sunshine!" I groaned as the annoying voice called in a cherry tone over me. "Wake up! Wake up!" It just kept on calling and I somehow found the strength to pull the covers over me and wish it could block out either the voices or the early day light. "Scarley? Scar! Scarlet!" It called in more and more frustrated tone as I kept on ignoring it, trying to get some more sleep before the alarm clock could go off. "Come on!" The covers were brutally ripped away and I curled in a ball as the chilly air seemed to hug me all of sudden.

"Seriously, she even sleeps in those guy-like clothes." the other voice said with a heavy sigh. "How are we supposed to change that?"

"Come on, bring the bucket of cold water or something." the first voice said. I ignored the threat and was slowly dozing off again and didn't bother who was in my room or why they were there. They were not Mike or Billie, which meant I was pretty much safe and there was no threat.
But when the noises in the room grew louder every second passing by I've realized I was not falling asleep anymore. I slowly sat up in bed and looked around, spotting Jenifer devastating my closet and the floor was already littered with my clothes. I was about to ask her what was she up to or what she was doing in my room early in the morning when there was an interruption.

Sophie walked into the room with a bucket and she grinned when she spotted me sitting on the bed, but at the same time she tripped over the clothes on the floor and the bucket flew up in the air in my direction. Before I managed to react the cold water splashed over me and the bucket landed somewhere beside the bed. I jolted out of bed with a shriek trying to shake off the water from the shirt. Sophie slowly got up to her feet and with an amused expression glanced at her sister, who wasn't aware of what was going on.

"Oh," she stopped throwing out the clothes from the closet. "So you're awake finally."

"What the hell are you doing in here?!" I exclaimed glaring at the two. "It's not even 7 am and you're already terrorizing me!"

"So that's what you think about us!" Sophie exclaimed in an exasperated voice, looking like she was offended.

"Someone has to dress you up like a human being." Jen shrugged her shoulders and rested her hands on her hips. "Why all of this clothes look like your cousin's? Don't you have something that actually fits you?"

"No." I replied bluntly and headed for the bathroom. Before I could reach it Sophie trailed after me with some clothes in her hands. She thrust it into my arms and went back to the room. I just looked at the pile in my hands and decided not to argue with their choice.

When I walked out Jen and Sophie were sitting on my bed and the clothes were still covering the floor. Once I walked in Jen got up and smiled at me like she had some kind of an idea. She eyed my black, skinny jeans, but shook her head when her eyes looked at the shirt.
"You know, we have to get you new clothes. The jeans are okay, but...you need skirts and the tee shirts are not really working."

"What is it about?" I frowned. "I didn't ask you to come in here and dress me up for school. The last time I checked I could do this on my own."

"But you look so unattractive in those!" Sophie extended her hand toward the pile of clothes. "And that belongs to Chris."

"Yeah, which means that it belongs now to me." I narrowed my eyes.

"This looks slightly about your size!" Jennifer exclaimed waving a black The Ramones shirt in the air like the flag.

"Because it's Billie's. He's kind of..." I trailed off.

"What are you waiting for! Put it on!" Sophie exclaimed, tearing the shirt out of Jen's grasp and throwing it at me.

"Why do you have Billie's shirt?" Jen asked.

"I have Mike's too, you know." I said while pulling the t-shirt over my head. "Sometimes after the practise they give me them when I forget to take an additional one. You know, they're all sticky and wet-"

"Okay, okay." Sophie sighed. "Now the make-up? Some earrings? Necklace?"

"Make up?"

"Nope. We don't have that much time, but I've found this cool, silver bracelet with two dices." My eyes widened when I've spotted the bracelet in her hand. Jen grinned and tossed it to me. "I didn't know you owned such a thing."

"It's...a gift." I mumbled looking at it, not even sure if I could put this on. It didn't seem right. The girls got impatient and Sophie walked up to me and with no effort put the silver bracelet around my wrist. The two dices were hanging loosely from it. I kept my eyes locked on them for a while before I've realized that girls were dragging me outside.

For some reason my mind refused to register the breakfast or how we got to school. Everything was like a blur. For the first time I felt insecure when I've spotted the eyes of people resting on me. I wasn't hanging out in my usual group and for the most of the time I'd stare down at my shoes and keep quiet, which was unlike me. Jen and Sophie were sure I could easily adapt to their friends and I knew I could try, but somehow I knew that it wasn't my world. They threw you into a group people when you go to school and who says that you have to create friendships with them? We're forced to do that and with time our real friendships sort of fade away when you're not even aware of that. But something in the back of my mind told me that I was slowly drifting away from the world I was used to.

During the lunch break I jogged to my locker. I shoved the books into my locker before slamming it shut. Just when I was about to start complaining to myself about Billie and Mike being gone once again I've heard a snicker from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and they were really there, laughing about something.

"Hey Mike, Bill-"

"...and she's looking like someone stuffed her in the tight ca-"

"Don't talk about me when I'm around!" I scoffed crossing my arms. Mike raised his eyebrows, while Billie's eyes traveled down from my face to his shirt.

"I was wondering what happened to that shirt." they walked up to me staring like I was a pet stuck in a cage.

"What happened to your face?" Mike asked in a whisper and Billie poked my cheek. I backed away to the lockers looking strangely at them. I'd never expect them to act so weird around me all of sudden. This situation only proved me that we started to really see each other less and less and they were not really paying attention to any changes. I did have a face under all those spots. They were not there forever.
The two of them moved closer still staring at me wide eyed.

"Guys, you're starting to freak me out just a little bit."

"What do you mean?" Mike frowned. I raised my eyebrows and in one swift motion moved past them and grabbed Mike's cap. "Hey!"

I put it on with a grin on my face. "See you on the band practise!" I waved at them as I was quickly heading to the cafeteria.

As I stepped into the room filled with chatter, laughter and the unidentified smell of some kind of food I tried to see the girls in the crowd. At first I couldn't find them, but soon enough I spotted the familiar face of Sophie. I reached them quickly and found an empty spot beside Sophie and in front of Jen and her new boyfriend. It quite didn't matter to me that all their friends were there too. I was quite invisible and I liked the idea of them ignoring my existence as long as they didn't have anything on me.

"Where did you get that?" Sophie nodded her head towards my new cap. "I thought that I took all of them with me this morning."

"Mike will have to deal with his loss." I shrugged with a small smile. She looked at me questioningly and I chuckled quietly. "I took it from him." She nodded realizing what I meant and returned to the previous conversation with her friend.

"Anything interesting happened?" Jenifer asked. I shook my head and propped my head on my hand that was resting on the table. "I thought that we could move on to the next step of your change."

"Hey." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I like how I look like now.I don't need to change."

"You'd love some change." Jen's boyfriend said with a wink. "But I doubt you'd be able to go with the new image more then one day." I raised my eyebrows at him wondering if he knew that it was not wise to challenge me in any way. "Let's make that two...months."

"So it's a challenge, huh?" I smirked glancing at Jen, who tried to keep the smile off her face. "If I win-"

"We can decide that later, but we need to start as soon as possible, right?" Sophie chimed in.

"Senior year. You'll go away as...they will remember you. At least for a while."

"I don't need that. Some people recognize me."

"Yeah, but in a stay away or I'll kick your ass way." I shrugged my shoulders with a smile. I guess that I was proud of my self defense skills.

"I'm just cool like that!" I grinned. "And I play the drums like no one else."

"About that...you never know." Jen said with a sigh, looking at me indifferently.

"It's something I love."

"But it doesn't seem like something that a girl should do. At least...not a girl that I can turn into something--someone really...you'll be really impressed." I slowly shook my head in protest.

"You don't know anything!" she shrugged and glanced around the room. Our conversation seemed to come to a sudden stop and it didn't seem like anyone would start any conversation with me anytime soon. Everyone were pretty much into other conversations and I decided to occupy myself with stealing Sophie's fries. From the corner of my eye I saw Jen narrow her eyes and her boyfriend glance over me in question. I was about to ask her what was wrong, when a hand closed around my wrist and forced me to stand up. I spun around trying to get my hand free from the grasp.

My heart was beating fast as I didn't expect anyone to do this and I rather expected it to be Mike, Billie or some of the guys I knew. Jason Cole. I didn't know what surprised me more: the furious expression on his face with the silly smile gone or the fact that he was still holding my wrist so tightly.

"Where did you get this?" He asked in an edgy voice, glaring at me intently with his eyebrows narrowed. He squeezed his hand tighter around my wrist just below the bracelet.

"It's none of your business." I spat trying to pull my wrist out of his hand. He pulled my wrist towards himself, making me stumble a little forward. The only sound that I heard was a hiss coming from Sophie when she spilled her coke all over herself and the table. All the conversations closer to us died down.

"It's especially my business!" he glared running his thumb over the cause of his outburst, the simple, silver bracelet. I looked at him puzzled, trying to collect my thoughts. Why was he starting a fight over something like this?

"Who gave this to you?!" he exclaimed making me wince at the sudden raise of tone in his voice.

"What the hell is wrong-"

"Shut up." Jason cut off Jen when she got up to her feet, trying to do something about this awkward situation.

"Don't talk to her like that!" I exclaimed pulling my hand back once again, but to no avail.

"Hey, man, chill out." Jen's boyfriend said with a chuckle, but quickly fell silent when Jason gave him the deadliest glare he could muster.

"It was in my cousin's stuff, which doesn't have anything to do with you." I said quickly hoping for him to leave me as soon as possible. I didn't need this kind of attention. A frown replaced the anger o his face before he looked with furry at me once again. I bit my lip starting to worry what would come out of it. The guy before me didn't seem too sane and it seemed like he was like a bomb that was about to burst any second and take us down with him.

"Do you have a problem...?" Billie's voice spoke threateningly from the side. I looked to my right surprised as Jason sighed angrily. I clearly wasn't expecting anyone to come and help me. I didn't expect anything at all. I felt relief wash over me when I saw Billie and Mike next to me. "Let go of her her wrist or I'll make sure you never get up ever again."

"I'm not afraid of you, Armstrong." Jason replied with a smirk. "I can make sure they kick you out. You're a no one."

"Go ahead." Billie replied with a daring smirk. "Like you said, I'm a no one. I've got nothing to lose." I looked at Billie alarmed feeling like he just said too much, but the grip on my wrist loosened and too soon my hand fell down to my side. I looked at my two friends shocked and Jason simply walked away.

For the first time in my life I was sincerely happy it didn't turn out into a fight between the two. For some reason they loathed each other. I wasn't even sure if there was a cause for this hatred that Billie felt towards Jason Cole.

"You okay?" Mike asked as I stared ahead stunned. I slowly turned my head to look at him and then at Billie, nodding my head. Mike sighed and Billie still had an angry look on his face. I looked slightly worried at Mike, who just shrugged and dragged Billie Joe away. I sat back down noticing everyone in the cafeteria giving me weird glances.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes looking at people sitting at our table, though they were not the worst I choose to sit with. "Fine...I guess I'm not hungry anymore..." I said getting up and leaving without anyone saying anything to me.

I walked into the hall feeling much better without all the people whispering about what just happened. I wasn't even quite sure what happened.

"I didn't finish talking with you there, Bailey." I froze and looked up to see Jason a couple of feet in front of me. I felt my voice stuck in my throat, but when he started to walk towards me I found the strength to force the words out.

"I don't remember talking to you." my voice trembled a little at the end making me angry at myself for being a little afraid of the guy, who had some real problem with me. No one would make such an effort to come and get me for whatever I did...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry for no updates! I don't know if it's writer's block, lack of time or my writing days are over, but with the little help of Flopo Image and Linkin Park I've finished this chapter xD
I hope that it's not as bad as I think and that you'll like it :)

Thanks for reading. Leave some opinions. :)