Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter One

I woke up to see the same stupid grey walls of our new apartment that I've seen everyday for the past 2 months. Normally I couldn't wait to get away from them but today was my first day at my new high school. West Dale High. Ugh, already the name just screamed preps and jocks, and I just know people are going to give me shit about being the new girl or the way I dress, where I live, the music I listen to...

And then there's going to be those annoying people the teacher sticks you with who are going to try to befriend you and talk to you and stuff. I just can't stand people like that.

I got up after 15 minutes of Danny banging on my door shouting "Viv, you're gonna be late if you don't get your ass out of bed right now!"

"Alright! Jesus, I'm up!" I shouted back before jumping in the shower. I sat opposite my step brother at the breakfast table. "You're gonna have to take the bus in the mornings cause I have early classes," Danny said as if I hadn't been living with him the past 2 months "But I can give you a ride after school and on Wednesday mornings."

"Cool." I replied half-heartedly with a grim expression on my face. He must have noticed how deeply upset and pissed off I was about my first day because he said "Hey, cheer up! It's not the end of the world,"

"Just the end of my freedom." i mumbled so he couldn't hear "I know this nice little diner not too far from West Dale. I'll take you there if you want."

"Cheers, but a burger and chips isn't gonna make me jump for joy about high school." In case I didn't mention earlier, I'm English and Danny's American. I walked out the door with my new bag that Danny had so generously gotten for me for school, and made my way to the bus stop.

The bus that arrived wasn't an actual school bus, there were a couple of people in suits and some old ladies. When I finally arrived at West Dale High all eyes were on me, honestly, it's like they've never seen an unfamiliar face before.

I made my way over to the main office, which was relatively easy to find, to get my locker number and schedule. The office was basically a small room with a couple of chairs and a desk in it. I walked over to the lady behind the desk, she was a sweet looking old lady around mid 60s, grey hair with white streaks pulled back into a bun and glasses.

She looked up at me and smiled "Hello dear, you must be the new girl... uh Vivienne, right?" I just nodded. She gave me my schedule and and locker number and said "I know how nervous you must changing schools in the middle of the year and not knowing everyone but don't worry there are some very friendly faces at West Dale." I managed a small smile that lasted half a fraction of a second as a reply then exited the office.

I will have to look out for those friendly faces I thought as I made my way over to my first class. English literature. Great, I hate English. I arrived in front of the door of the English classroom. Well, here goes nothing I thought as I opened the door.

The teacher had already started the lesson so when I walked in, all eyes were on me. "Ah! Miss Edwards! Welcome to West Dale, would you like to introduce yourself?" I just shook my head in response.

"Ok, well why don't you sit down next to.... ah! Next to Valery, she'll catch you up on anything you've missed." Than it hit me, I hadn't been to school in months, I would have to work really hard to catch up, especially in this class. I groaned at the realization and sat down next to Valery.

"Hey! My name's Valery," Yeah I know the teacher just said that I thought as she kept rambling about being nervous or something "Can I see your schedule?" I just looked at her, eyebrows raised, and shook my head slowly. She's one of those 'friendly faces' that I have to look out for. "Oh. Um... why?" I just looked at her then turned my attention to the teacher. She didn't talk to me for the rest of the lesson.

My next class was World History, which I was lucky enough to only have one semester of. Unluckily, it was the last semester so I had it until the end of the year.

Once I had entered the classroom I just stood there waiting for everyone to take their seats. The teacher walked in and asked me if I was Vivienne I nodded while looking for an empty seat. "Well, would you care to introduce yourself?" I shook my head "Introduce yourself or go to the Principal's office." he said irritated,he obviously gets pissed off easily. I just smirked at him and turned around to leave. "Sit down!" I heard the teacher shout. I turned around and pointed to myself. He sighed and said "Yes you. Now don't make me tell you twice!"

I went and sat down next to this emo boy, and the first thing I noticed was he smelled really good. He had black hair that fell into his eyes and a lip piercing. "Hey." I nodded in response and got a note pad out of my bag.

[XxX]

As I was walking to the cafeteria for lunch I bumped into Valery again "Hey, new girl!" I never told her my name "I think we got off on the wrong foot," she said as we entered the cafeteria "Would you like to sit with me and my friends while you eat?" I just stared at her before going to get some food. She didn't follow me, smart girl.

Once I had bought my food, I looked around for a table only to find that the only seats were at Valery's table or at a table with some Barbie look-a-likes. I went through some double doors to see a patch of grass next to the car park with some trees and a table and benches. Sat on the benches, was emo boy and what I assumed were his friends.

I liked the look of the tree furthest from their table but it was too close to the others so I made my way around the back of the building to find a sports field and some bleachers. I went to sit on the very left of the bleachers near the middle and just watched some guys play lacrosse while I ate. When the guys finished playing, one of them spotted me and said something to the bloke next to him before walking in my direction.

He came up and sat down next to me while looking me up and down "Hey, I haven't seen you round here before. You new?" I nodded my head while taking a bite out of my sandwich. "What's your name?" he asked as I finished my food. I collected my rubbish and left him sitting there without an answer to his question.

[XxX]

I was standing in front of the school with my headphones in my ears listening the screaming of some heavy metal band. The final bell had rung 15 minutes ago and I was still waiting for my sodding brother.

Suddenly lacrosse guy (my new nickname for him) was standing next to me. His lips were moving but all I could hear was the screaming coming from my I-pod. He kept talking for another 3 minutes or so and he seemed to get more annoyed with every word until he pulled my headphones out. "Were you even listening to me?" I shook my head. He sighed "Why are you still here? The bell rang almost 20 minutes ago." I shrugged and he sighed again "Don't talk much do you?" I gave him a 'What do you think?' face "Do you want a ride home?"

At that moment Danny's car pulled up in front of us. I quickly walked over to the passenger door, gave lacrosse guy a small wave and got in the car. "Hey, how was your day?"

"You're late." I stated annoyed "I know, I'm so sorry, I thought you got out at half 4. If it wasn't for this guy at college whose sister is a sophomore at West Dale I would've come later. He told me you guys got out at 3:30. Still today wasn't too bad, huh? I saw you made a friend."

"Friend? What friend?"

"That boy back there, he's not bad looking." he said raising an eyebrow at me "Him? You think I'm friends with him let alone interested in him? You're off it."

"Okay, so who did you make friends with?" He noticed me avoiding his gaze "No one?" I shook my head "Oh come on, did you at least try to make friends?"

"Sure." he knew I was lying, he always did "Of course you did." he said sarcastically. "Wanna get take out for dinner? Pizza?" I smiled at him and nodded "Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me if it's good or if it's utter shite so all comments are much appreciated. And subscriptions too please.