Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Ten

"Viv! Phone!" Danny shouted over the sound of running water.

"So answer it!"

"I'm in the shower!" I sighed before getting off the sofa to answer the phone. "Yes?" I asked impatiently once I had picked up the phone.

"Hey, Viv?" came a deep male voice through the phone.

"Who's speaking?"

"It's me. Rick. I was just wondering why you hadn't called me yet. It's been almost a week since I gave you my number."

"Didn't have anything to say."

"Well what if we go out Saturday night?"

"I'm working."

"Oh, ok. How about Friday night?"

"I don't date."

"You went out with Oli."

"It wasn't a date."

"Well, I never said it would be a date. You just jumped to wrong conclusions. We can just go out as friends."

"We're not friends."

"Ok, that's it. I'm not gonna take no for an answer. You coming out with me Friday night even if I have to drag you kicking and screaming to the restaurant."

"Wait! I never-" He hung up before I could disagree. I put down the phone and turned around to see a half-naked Danny smirking at me. "What?"

"Who was that?" He asked still grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"An even bigger twat than you."

"What's his name?"

"Rumpelstiltskin."

"Ok, I give up. I'll just ask him when he comes to pick you up... on Friday night." He said before going back into his room to get dressed. I sighed before going back to the sofa and Mighty Boosh re-runs. But the paradise of watching Noel Fielding in a sequined jumpsuit was rudely interrupted be the doorbell.

"Danny! Door!"

Oliver's POV:

I don't know why the hell I was here, standing in front number 47, Viv's door, but I am and there's no turning back now. I reached out to ring the doorbell only to realise that there's wasn't one so I knocked instead. When the door finally opened I saw Viv's brother, David or something, with wet hair.

What surprised me was when his eyes met mine he smirked at me. "Viv! Rumpelstiltskin's here." 'Rumpelstiltskin?' I heard a groan coming from behind whatever-his-name-is before Viv came to the door. I was about to say 'hello' but when I saw what she was wearing the words got stuck. She was wearing a 'Star Wars' T-shirt and green boxer shorts.

"Oh, it's only you," 'Only me? Was she expecting someone else?'

"Yes?" she asked raising an eyebrow and not letting me in.

"I-I just came over to... to uh..."

"To what?" she asked getting impatient which only made more nervous.

"Sorry to disturb you. Were you busy?" I asked finally getting over the nerves.

"I was actually, so could you spit it out already?"

"What were you doing?" I asked ignoring her question.

She sighed in frustration before telling me "I was watching the Mighty Boosh. Why do you-"

I cut her off "Can I join you?"

She looked furious and I was sure she was going to slam the door in my face "She'd love you to join her." Viv was pushed aside by her brother who let me in.

"Danny! What the hell are you playing at?!" I heard Viv hiss at her brother, obviously not wanting me to hear. "Oliver, go to the living-room and make yourself comfortable." Danny said smiling at me. I went and sat down on the couch but I could still hear their conversation.

"What? He asked you out then came all the way over here to see you, don't you think you should be a little nicer to him?"

"He never asked me out." her anger could be heard in her voice.

"So that wasn't him on the phone just now?"

"No, that was uh someone else."

"So what you're telling me is that a boy called to ask you out and five minutes later a different boy comes over to your house just to spend some time with you?" I didn't her reply but I did hear her footsteps coming closer.

I looked to my right to see her sit down next to me and press play. I looked at the screen and saw a green man in a pink tutu and a man with a mustache singing. "Sooo, who asked you out?" I tried to sound nonchalant, I think I succeeded.

"Were you eavesdropping?" she asked incredulously.

"It's kind of hard not to. So who is it? 'Cause if it's that tit Aiden-"

"What? What if it is him?"

"Is it him?" I asked trying to calm down.

She sighed before replying. "No it wasn-"

"Well, who the hell was it then?!"

"Would you calm down?! I said no anyway."

"So, you're not going out with... whoever this guy is?"

"Well he said that he would drag me if he had to and then hung up but I mad it very clear that I don't date. Why do you care anyway?"

"I-I don't." I said before looking back at the screen. After that we didn't really talk. We just watched TV, well that is until Viv decided to tell me who asked her out. "Um, it's was Rick. Who asked me out I mean."

"Bastard." I growled under my breath 'How dare he ask her out! I'll kill him! I'll-'

"What?"

"N-nothing. And you said no, right?"

"Yeah, but I don't think he cares."

Viv's POV:

Oliver seemed to be happy at the fact that I declined Rick's offer of a date and seemed to get angry when he found out that Rick asked me out which kind of made my heart flutter.

Half way through the third episode Oliver did that fake yawn thing and put his arm around me. "Did I ever tell you, I hate clichés?" Oliver just chuckled and squeezed me a bit.

"Do you still wanna call me Oli?" I looked at him with a confused expression. With the hand that wasn't around me, he pointed to his lips.

"Pff, yeah. Just not enough to kiss you."

"Oh, come on! What do I have to do to get a kiss?" he asked pouting.

"Climb Everest and buy me a car."

"Wow? Is that all?" Oliver asked sarcastically.

"What can I say? I-" I was cut off by Oliver's lips on mine. I tried to push him away but he just rapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. I finally gave up pushing him away and let him kiss me until we heard someone clear their throat from behind us.

"What the hell are you doing to my sister."

"I-I-I w-was uh...." Oliver turned to me for help.

"I tried to push him away but he was too strong."

"Wh-what?! That's n-not true! I-I- She-she was kissing back!" I raised an eyebrow at his blatant lie.

"I highly doubt that." Said Danny before leaving again. Oliver smirked at me "Now, you may call me Oli."

"Pff, bastard."

[XxX]

Friday. I was dreading going to school but I knew I had to go. I got off the bus at West Dale and made my way to the classroom. I didn't want to talk to anybody today so I didn't see the point in hanging around in the hallway or the car park.

I took a seat towards the back of the room and started my physics homework for the week. My little bit of peace and quiet was interrupted by someone sitting next to me. I looked up and saw some blond chick sneering at my work.

"Can I help you?"

"What are you doing?" She asked ignoring my question.

"What do you want?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"Look, you're new. And obviously no one's told you how things work around here.-"

"Get to the point. I'm busy." She looked completely appalled at my interruption.

"Fine. I just wanted to tell you that you can't just waltz in here and steal any guy you want. So stay away." She said before standing up, flicking her bleach blond hair over her shoulder and leaving. 'What the hell.'

[XxX]

Once the final bell had rung I ran as fast as I could to get to the bus stop before Rick could catch me. I was half way there when I heard my name being called by a suspiciously male voice which I, of course, ignored.

I almost made it to the bench when someone pulled from behind. "Hey, Viv. I called your name but you didn't answer."

"Hint, hint." I said before trying to leave but unfortunately, Rick still had my arm firmly in his hand.

"Funny," he said sarcastically before continuing "I was thinking of taking you to dinner."

"Ok, can you pick me up again afterwards?"

"Don't be stupid. I'll be eating with you."

"I'm anorexic."

"Really?" he asked sarcastically... again.

"For you? Sure." I said smirking.

"Fine, we'll do anything you want. What would you like to do?"

I sighed before looking around to find some sort of excuse or means of escape. No such luck. "I don't care."

"Dinner it is." he said grinning like a shot fox.

Rick drove me to some fancy arse Japanese restaurant where they apparently sell the best sushi ever.

"I don't like sushi."

Rick sighed and rubbed his face in frustration. Good, he ruined my only night off.

"I get the impression that you're playing hard to get."

"I'm not. I'm playing impossible to get."

"Ugh! Why can't you just be straight with what you want?!"

"Are you kidding me? I've practically been spelling it out for you since the moment we met. I ain't interested."

He looked absolutely shell shocked. Cocky bastard. How many times did I have to tell him that I didn't date before it finally got into his thick head?

"What?"

'Jesus Christ! How thick is this guy?'

"Can you take me home now?" The look on his face was definitely not one I expected. It was a look of pure determination.

"No." He grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the restaurant back to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE READ THIS VVVV < THOSE ARE BADLY DRAWN ARROWS POINTING DOWNWARDS
Sorry about the end of this chapter, I sort of thought it was crap but... That's life.
Please go read meh journaly thing.... it's got new shit, important new shit, seriously important new shit. Subscribe und/oder comment.
Song of the chapter > Nirvana - Aero Zeppelin