Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Twelve

I was half way through my homework when my phone started vibrating on my desk. I looked over at it and picked it up to answer without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Viv, hey. Could you tell me what the hell you were talking about earlier?"

"Oh! Yeah. Thanks for that, it really helped me out. Well, I'll see ya tomorrow."

"Wait! You haven't explained yet!"

"Yeah, and I don't want to." I replied defiantly.

"Ok then. C-can I come over?"

"No. I-I mean... Why would you want to do that?" Why the hell would he want to come over?

"Well, the last time I came over we watched this program-"

"The Mighty Boosh." I cut him off feeling less and less interested in the conversation we were currently having.

"Yeah, The Mighty Boosh, but we didn't get to finish the dvd. You wanna finish it?"

"Nah, I've already seen it hundreds of times but thanks anyway." I was about to hang up when Oliver started to speak again. 'Why can't he just get the hint and leave me alone.' I thought angrily.

"But I haven't,"

"Well I'll lend it to you then." I said thinking it you shut him up and get him to leave me alone.

"Ok, cool. Bring it over." He said getting excited.

"Now?"

"Of course."

"But I just went out!" I whined before I could stop myself.

"What?"

"Nothing! I'll be right over." I said before hanging up and grabbing my coat and phone.

[XxX]

Oli's POV:

I had just gotten off the phone with Viv when it rang again. I checked the caller ID only to see Rick's name on the screen. "Hey,"

"Oliver! You'll never guess what I've just done."

"What Rick? What have you done that's so important that you couldn't tell me tomorrow?"

"I just made out with a certain new girl." I could hear the smug grin on his face as he told me about what he and Viv had gotten up to only moments before.

"Oli? Dude? You still there? You've gone all quiet." I heard the doorbell ring and my mother answer it but couldn't make out who it was. It was probably Viv.

"Sorry Rick, I'm gonna have to go. Viv's just arrived."

"W-what do you mean? Why is she there? Oli? Oliver?!" I hung up and made my way downstairs where my mother was talking to Viv.

'She looks uncomfortable. She should, that little whore, making out with any guy she comes across'

"Ah, Oliver. This girl tells me she's got a dvd you want to borrow. Would you like to use the the TV in the living-room or in your room?"

"We'll just go to my room." I said monotonously before snatching the dvd from Viv's hand and walking back up the stairs. I turned around when she didn't follow, she looked quite taken aback by my actions.

"Are you just gonna stand there? You've given me the dvd so you can go now." When I saw the expression on her face I quickly regretted my harsh words. 'Ah fuck she looks really hurt, but it doesn't matter, she made out with Rick so.... God, what is she doing to me?! I should hate her but I'm feeling sorry for her...'

"Look, I'm sorry, I..... I just got some... unpleasant news and I took it out on you. Come on, let's go finish watching the dvd."

"Um... maybe some other time. I've really got to get back... sorry." She said before turning to leave. 'What are you waiting for? Go after her!'

"Fuck." I hissed before running down the stairs after her. "Viv, wait!" she turned around and looked at me expectantly.

"Let's just watch the dvd... please?"

"I really can't. How about tomorrow?"

"Come on, please wat- Did you say tomorrow?" She nodded her head looking at me with a confused expression on her face.

"O-ok, tomorrow, I'll see you then." I said grinning like a fool, completely forgetting the fact that this girl made out with one of my best friends.

[XxX]

Viv's POV:

I left Oliver's house, after twenty minutes of me trying to convince him that I was alright walking home alone, with thoughts of Oliver and Rick racing through my head.

'I don't understand it, when I'm with Oliver I get butterflies in my stomach and my heart starts to race but whenever Rick kisses me I can't help but kiss back and hold him tight.... What's wrong with me? I've never had these problems before...'

Walking down the street my mind was ready to explode from all the thoughts in my head. When I finally arrived back home I collapsed on my bed and went to sleep straight away.

[XxX]

Here I was standing in front of Oliver's front door... again. I was debating whether to knock or run away and pretend that I never came. I chose the latter. But just as I turned to leave the door open and I quickly turned to face the person who opened the door.

My eyes widen when I saw no other than Valery, the girl that tried to befriend me on my first day. "What are you doing here?"

"W-well you see I-I um.... uh Oliver, he um you uh....."

"Oliver!" she screamed keeping her eyes on mine even though I was avoiding her gaze. I looked up when I heard footsteps coming closer from inside the house. Seconds later Oliver appeared behind Valery looking surprised that I actually came.

"Oh, hey Viv, I didn't think you would come." He greeted me smiling while Valery glared from me to Oliver and back.

"You invited her?" She asked Oli before turning to me "And you actually came? I thought you didn't want friends."

"I-I um well that's not- uh-"

"Val stop being a bitch and leave her alone." Oliver defend me before grabbing my hand a pulling me inside. Valery slammed the door closed before turning to me and Oliver.

"I'm the bitch? What about her? On her first I tried to be nice and be friends with her but she was a total bitch to me. So why are you so friendly with guys? What are you some kind of slut?" She directed the last questions at me.

"I-I'm not a slut!" I protested completely shocked at her words, she was so nice the first day "I was a bitch to Oliver too but he was a little more persistent. He wouldn't leave me alone!"

"Plus, aren't you going out with Aiden?" She asked completely ignoring what I had previously told her.

"What? No! Who the hell told you that?!" Then she did the last thing I expected her to do. She laughed, laughed. 'Why the fuck is she laughing?'

"You really are clueless aren't you? Do you really think you can play three of the hottest guys in school off against each other without the rest of the girl population of the school bitching about you?"

"Play the off against each other? What the fuck? You don't even know me, how can you be accusing me of such bollocks?" I asked before running out of the house.

Oliver's POV:

'What the hell was that all about?' I looked at my cousin in shock. I've never seen her so angry. She looked over at me then avoided my gaze. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What?! She needed to find out that everybody hates her sometime." She shouted finally looking at me. I shook my head in disbelief at Val before running out the door and after Viv.

I looked around my drive way but couldn't see her anywhere so I made my way over to my car and drove to her appartment. She wasn't there. I asked her brother he said that she might have gone to work early so I went to the bar where she worked.

I made my way over to one of the waitresses and asked her if she had seen Viv but she told me to ask Sam, the bar tender.

"Hey, Sam. Has Viv been in tonight?"

"No, she wasn't here last night either. If you see her could you tell to start coming to work or she's gonna get fired."

"Y-yeah, sure." I was starting to get worried. Nobody had seen her.

What if something had happened to her on her way home? She lived on Luther Street after all.

I was driving down her street again when I spotted someone, it looked like a girl, sitting on a bench in the park. I parked my car in the parking lot, unsure on whether or not to leave it. It would probably get stolen.

I walked over to the bench and sat down next to the girl and she turned to look at me. "She's right." she told me looking back down at the ground.

"Who?"

"Valery."

"No she's no-"

"Yes she is. I'm a complete slag, and I didn't even do it on purpose." I sighed, I didn't know what to say to her to make it better so I put my arm around her and pulled her into a hug. She hugged me back and buried her face in the crook of my neck.

I wanted to stay like this forever and I probably would have if she hadn't moved. "I've got to go... I've got work and I didn't go in yesterday."

"Why not?" I asked knowing perfectly well why she didn't go in. I just wanted to hear her say it. But what she said wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

"I-I was on a... out with Rick and I pissed him off so he kidnapped me."

"What did you do with him?" I asked dreading the answer. I'm pretty sure she knew that I knew what happened. She sighed before telling me that he kissed her and then started rambling about not being able to push Rick away and feeling funny around me.

I didn't quite understand because she was saying one thing then cutting herself off by saying something else.

"I don't understand. You're rambling."

She took a deep breathe and just sat there for a minute. She looked deep in thought.

"I'm not sure what I feel for you but I do know that I feel.... something. If that makes any sense."

I just smiled and said "It makes perfect sense." she smiled back at me and got up to leave. "Hey, Viv?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I give you a ride to work?"

"Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wanna say thanks to all my commenters and subscribers and readers :) Really makes me happy.
This chapter was mostly a guy's POV and I'm not sure whether or not it's any good but I'm pretty sure only chicks are reading so if it doesn't seem like they're guy's thoughts no one will notice :)
Song of the Chapter > The Who - The Real Me