Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Twenty Two

Aiden, Alice and I watched in shock as Zhora stuffed her face with any food she could lay her hands on. After I had taken her to the nurse, she had told me all about her and how she ended up next to me on a bus at twenty to eight on a Monday morning looking like a prostitute. And it turns out she hadn't eaten a good meal in roughly a month hence the stuffing of her face.

Aiden had decided to forgive me after I confronted him and started yelling at him about always being left in the dark and not being trusted. He definitely wasn't alright with me and Oli dating but he was biting his tongue for now.

"So, Zhora? You, um, wanna hang out after school?" Aiden ask feigning nonchalance and staring at his lunch. I bit my lip to stop the freakishly girly giggle from leaving my lips and snuck a glance at Alice who just smirked back at me. I moved closer to whisper in her ear.

"I think someone a has a crush." As I pulled away I saw Zhora blushing like mad and Aiden glaring daggers at me. I just smiled in return.

"Uh, I- sure." She whispered back to him smiling timidly. Aiden started to grin like a cheshire cat and didn't stop sneaking glances at her through out the whole lunch period.

"Oh! Hi, again!" Zhora said looking to her right. I looked up and saw Aiden glaring in the same direction. I didn't have to look to tell who was standing there.

"You said we could talk in a minute. It's been about three hours since you said that." Oli said ignoring Zhora's greeting and Aiden's death glare.

"Four, actually." I stated matter-of-factly.

"Fucking smartass." He mumbled before walking around the table to my side. "Why is it that I always seem to confront you at lunch?" He finished crouching down to reach my height.

"Don't ask me, I'm not the one who does the confronting." I jumped when he slammed his fists on the table in frustration, watching as he groaned and rubbed his face.

"This isn't working." He mumbled softly.

"What?" I asked terrified that he was talking about 'us'. 'Please, don't dump me...' I thought as he lifted his face from his hands.

"Nothing." He sighed before walking back to his table where Allison was staring at me with a smug smirk. Bitch.

[XxX]

Oliver's POV:

I returned to the table to sit with a smirking Rick and Allison. The only difference was that Allison covered up her smirk with a fake, innocent smile when she caught me looking. I sighed in defeat as I sat down next to my smirking friend.

"How's Viv?" He asked mockingly.

"I don't know how much more I can take of her passive and emotionless personality. It's almost like she doesn't care whether I'm with her or not!" I exclaimed exasperated.

"So, I take it she hasn't told you she loves you." I was about to tell him that it wouldn't be long before she did but I was interrupted by a certain blonde.

"You love her?!" She screamed angrily causing half of the cafeteria to stare at us including Viv.

"Oh, shit." I mumbled when I saw her horrified expression directed at me. I got up to go tell her that Allison was talking bullshit but as I made my way over to her table, she ran out of the cafeteria.

"Ugh! Allison, you stupid bitch!" I shouted back at my table before running after my girlfriend. I found her leaning against the wall next to the art room. She looked deep in thought, it made me hesitate before approaching her.

"Viv," She looked up at me when I said her name "Uh, about what Allison said-" She cut me off, doing the thing I least suspected at a moment like this. She kissed me. I smiled into the kiss before backing her up against the wall.

"I, uh, I guess you feel the same way then. Right?" I asked nervously after pulling away. I frowned as she bit her lip and stared at the ground.

"I-I like you, but love is, um, well... no." I backed up slightly giving her more space.

"Oh, yeah. I know what you mean. Rick was just acting like a prick and Allison got this idea in her head and it just, um..." I trailed off having difficulty explaining.

"If it helps, never liked a guy as much as I like you." I stared at her, hope filling me.

"So, you like me more than Rick?"

"Course, I'm going out with you, aren't I? I'm not going out with Rick." She said. We both turned to the left at the sound of footsteps approaching us. I rolled my eyes when I saw that freak Zhora walking towards us but immediately stopped when Viv glared at me.

"Um, sorry if I'm interrupting but, um, Aiden's kind of gone crazy. Alice is trying to calm him down but no luck so far." She chuckled nervously at the end of her sentence.

"Probably about that thing Freshman year." Viv said sarcastically before moving towards the freak.

"Aiden said you didn't know." Zhora said surprised.

"I don't. Do you?"

"Yeah, he just told-"

"He told you? Why the fuck can't anyone tell me?!" She shouted before storming back into the cafeteria, leaving me with Zhora. 'Good luck, emo freak.' I looked over at Zhora only to see her staring at me.

"What?" I growled at her.

"What you did was horrible." She said frowning "I don't think I want you near Viv."

"So? You don't own her. It even wasn't my fucking fault! Aiden blames me even though I didn't do anything. What ever he said to you was a load of shit. And you're an even bigger idiot than I thought if you believe him."

"Well who would you believe? A guy who's been nothing but nice to me since we met or a bastard like you?" I growled at her in irritation, watching as she walked back to the double doors of the cafeteria. 'Bitch.'

[XxX]

Viv's POV:

I walked back over to our table seeing Aidens furious yet worried expression change relieved as I approached him and Alice. As soon as I was close enough, I grabbed Aiden's arm and pulled him through the double doors leading outside to get away from the curious stares of everyone in the lunchroom.

"Viv, what's going on?" He asked confused.

"What happened Freshman year?! You've known Zhora for a day and you've already told her! Why can't you tell me?" I asked my voice breaking at the last question.

"Because I don't want to hurt you. That fucker you call a boyfriend-" I frowned disapprovingly when he said that "-may not be good for you, but any idiot can see you're happier with him."

"Please tell me." I pleaded.

"Viv,"

"Please, Aiden!"

"Fine! Alright, I'll tell you just... not now. Come to mine after school?"

"Ok, thank you." I smiled at him before leaving as the bell rang.

[XxX]

There was an awkward silence between Aiden and I as we made our way back to his house. It was obvious whatever he was going to tell me was uncomfortable for him. When we finally reached his house he asked me to sit on the sofa while he went to get us some drinks. He came back a couple of minutes later with two cokes and placed them on the coffee table in front of me.

"So?" I asked when he didn't say anything.

He glanced at me before picking up his glass and taking a sip. When he finished he put it back down and started to speak "Uh, well, um, he sort of, h-he, h-he-" My eyes widened as he started to cry. I quickly moved closer and hugged him letting him cry on my shoulder.

We stayed like that for at least ten minutes before he pulled away, eyes puffy and red. He breathed deeply a few times, trying to calm himself down before saying "He killed my sister."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short... bit of a cliff hanger... enjoy!

Song of the Chapter > Mirror In The Bathroom - The Beat