Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Twenty Eight

Danny's POV:

I tried to comfort her by hugging her but she immediately pushed me away. "What's happened to dad?" She asked, her voice trembling, worry written all over her face.

"Nothing bad," I told her "Unfortunately." I added in a low voice but she still heard and glared at me.

"Danny! What's going on?!" She all but screamed at me, trying desperately for some sort of answer. She looked so fragile and confused, just like the day he left. I can't believe I made her feel like that. I sighed, debating whether or not telling her the truth would be the best for her. "Danny!" She whined getting more and more frantic.

"Calm down! I don't see why you care about that sick bastard anyway."

"Because he's my dad!"

"He's a fucking psychopath!" I yelled, instantly regretting it when I saw her hurt face, on the verge of tears. "Shit, Viv I'm sorry." I said before pulling her into a hug. "But can you really blame me?" She pushed me away again, glaring at me before picking up her coat from the sofa and walking out the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

[XxX]

Viv's POV:

I took my phone out of my pocket and searched for the number I hadn't called in years. It rung a few times before Andrea picked up. "Hello?" She answered. It sounded like she had been crying.

"Andrea? It's me, Viv."

"Vivienne! What's wrong?"

"Do you know what's going on with my dad?" I asked immediatly. She hesitated before answering with an uncertain 'no'. "Yes, you do! What's going on, Andrea?" I asked getting frustrated.

There was a long pause before she spoke again "He's been showing severe behavioural improvements and the warden says that, um, maybe Danny should be the one to tell you this."

"No! I already asked him and he refused to tell me."

"Oh. Well, then I don't think-"

"Andrea, you can't make him hate you more than he already does, so just tell me!" I knew that would hurt her but, at the moment, I really didn't care.

"He can have visitors. You can go to see him." I sighed in relief before biting my lip, excited to be able to see my father. I quickly hung up on Andrea before making my way to Alice's house. I knocked on the front door and was greeted by her mother who told me that Alice was in her room. I opened her door to see something I really wish I hadn't.

"Ah! Viv, what are you doing here?!" Alice screamed trying to cover herself.

"Sorry, your mum never said your boyfriend was up here with you." I said looking anywhere but at the half-naked couple.

"She doesn't know I'm up here. She doesn't like me." Damien said pulling his T-shirt back on. 'Oh' was all I said before an awkward silence filled the room.

"Um, not trying to be rude or anything, but what are you doing here?" She asked me tugging on her sleeves.

"Oh! Right, yeah. Um, I just can't go home so I thought I would pay you a visit."

"Couldn't you go to Oliver's house? I'm sure he'd love to see you."

"Yeah, I guess. I just always feel so uncomfortable over there with his cousin and brother out to get me."

"Oh. What about Aiden?"

"It's awkward between us, remember?"

"That's right... What about, um, you don't have very many friends, do you?"

"Nope. But it's ok, I'll go see if... um, I'll just leave you guys to finish whatever you were doing." I said before waving awkwardly at the couple and closing the bedroom door. I quickly made my way down the staircase but was stopped before reaching the door by Alice's mother.

"Are you leaving already?" I turned on my heel, struggling to find an excuse.

"Oh, um, yeah. I only came to drop something off really." I mumbled before she finally let me leave. I decided to head to the park, for lack of a better place, and sat on the swings. I pulled out my mobile and typed Oliver's number and sending him a text, asking if he was busy. I laughed lightly at his response 'Never too busy for you ;)'.

'You wanna meet me at the park?'

'Sure. On my way' He arrived ten minutes later with slightly damp hair. "Were you in the shower or something?" I asked as he sat down on the swing next to mine.

"What? Oh, yeah." He answered smirking slightly. "Any particular reason why you asked me here?"

I shrugged "I can't go home, can't go to a mate's so I thought I could spend some time with my... uh... "

"Boyfriend?" He asked amused.

"Yeah... that." I smiled at him before looking down at my feet, kicking some rocks.

"You know, if there's ever anything wrong at home, you're always welcome at my house."

"Not by everyone." I mumbled.

"Yeah... But just ignore them, I'll make sure they don't bother you." I smiled at him before placing a soft, lingering kiss on his lips. "You've gone soft on me, Miss Edwards." He told me smirking, causing me to hit him playfully on the shoulder.

"You bother me." I told him standing up from the swing set only to be pulled back by Oliver who, unfortunately, lost his balance on the swing and fell backwards onto the ground, pulling me down with him. "Oli!"

"That's it, baby. Scream my name." He teased, rapping his arms around my waist.

"Ugh, shut up. Idiot." I said, trying to push myself away from the boy under me.

"What did you just call me?" He asked glaring at me. I knew he wasn't angry though, his smile gave it away.

"I called you a big fat idiot!" I yelled.

"That's it!" He quickly stood up, pulling me with him, and flung me over his shoulder.

"Oliver! What the fuck are you doing?! Put me down!" I started hitting his back, trying desperately to make him stop.

"No."

I sighed, giving up on trying to get down "Where are you taking me?"

"Back to my house, seeing as you can't go home." He said before open the door to his car and placing me in the passenger seat. I watched as he moved around the car and got in the driver's seat before starting the engine and driving away from the park.

"Your eye's still pretty bad." I mumbled as I observed his slightly swollen eye.

"Yeah. Thank you, Aiden." He said chuckling a bit. "It's alright. I'll just put another bag of frozen peas on it when we get back." I bit my lip, debating whether or not I should ask him to try and be friends with him.

"Um, could you, maybe, try to make up with him? Maybe even become friends?" I watched as his relaxed expression turned into a frown.

"Viv, I really don't think that'll be possible."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

"Because he's got a thing for you!" He yelled, his eyes never leaving the road.

"Is that because he kissed me? 'Cause I just think he was kind of emotion-"

"It's not because he kissed you. All though that does kind of prove my point."

"Then why-"

"It's because he told me, alright. He said that if- Nevermind." He finished, sighing.

"What? What did he say to you?" I pressed.

"Look, if I tell what he said you're either not going to believe me and get angry and refuse to come to my house and then go to Aiden's house then you'll eventually dump me. Or you'll believe me, get into a fight with Aiden, become miserable because you lost a mate and he'll hate even more than he already does. So, I don't think I will tell you."

'Well, that shut me up...'
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY Make Me Bad. Pay no attention to the summary, it's shit :]

Once again, I thank my wonderful commenters:

- Dudet Dav
- XoHugsXoxOKissesxO
- Angel27
- allzac
- Just A Weird Gal
- XXfalling-overXX
- And Suprise-attack-XD just because she couldn't see herself last time :P

Oh! And before I forget, if any of my readers can speak French, I made a one-shot in said language and don't have any comments...
Any feedback on that story, good or bad would be appreciated :]
Link > Portrait
It won't take long, it's short ;]