Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Thirty Four

“Viv! Viv, get out of bed! There's someone here to see you!” Danny yelled, waking me from my all but peaceful sleep.

I groaned and lifted my head from my pillow. “If it's a boy, I'm not home!” I replied before dropping my head back onto my bed.

“It's Alice.” I groaned again at his response. It meant I had to get up.

“I'm coming, I'm coming...” I mumbled as I walked to my door. I opened it to see the way too cheery friend of my waving like a... What waves a lot and really quickly? I rolled my eyes at her before walking past her to the kitchen.

“Hey, Viv. How come you're not ready yet?” She asked frowning in confusion.

“Should I be?” I wonder aloud, pouring myself a cup of weak coffee.

“Of course! Your date's going to be at my house soon to pick you up.” She informed me as we sat down at the kitchen counter.

“Shit, that's today? And who the hell goes out on a date in the morning?”

“Yes, it's today. What are you on about? It's almost noon!”

“Huh?” I stared over at the clock above the stove, my eyes widening in disbelief. “Pff, I had a long shift last night, it's normal. Just tell Ken-”

“Kevin,”

“Kevin, that I was too tired to go on a date.”

“A date? You're going on a date?” Danny asked, walking into the room.

“Mhm, yeah, she does. He's perfect for her, please convince her to go,” She pleaded “She says she's too tired.”

“I told you already, you don't need a job,” He said turning away from Alice, towards me “Especially if it makes you this tired.”

“I'm not tired, I just don't wanna go on some date with some guy in some place that I don't know.”

“Well, now that you've told me, you're definitely going on that date!” Alice interjected pointing an accusing finger at me.

“I only told the truth because you were too thick to take the fucking hint.” I hissed at her.

“Jeez, I don't like when you've just woken up.”

“Tell me about it,” I heard Danny mumble before I was rudely pulled from my seat and into my bed room. I sat on my bed and watched as Alice emptied my closet onto it. After she had finished she placed her hands on her hips and huffed before sorting through the clothes.

“My god, we should have done this yesterday.” She mumbled holding a grey top to my chest and cocking her head to examine it.

“Why?” I asked “It's just a date.”

“Just a date?! It's the first date! You need to make a good impression!”

“Yeah, well, if he likes me for what I wear and not for my personality then it was never meant to be anyway.” She glared at me before finally choosing an outfit. “Nuh uh, I'm not wearing that.”

“Why the hell not?!” She screamed at me and chucked the dress onto the bed.

“It shows too much cleavage, plus you said it was casual. That dress is not casual.”

“Fine!” she spat at me before throwing a random pair of jeans and a T-shirt onto my lap. “Here! Wear what you want, just don't fuck this up.” She sighed and fell back onto the bed. I smiled at the outfit before leaving to get changed. Unfortunately, I couldn't get out of having my make-up done by Alice so I ended with brown eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss instead of my usual plain black eyeliner. I managed to talk her out of putting on foundation.

I had never put in so much effort, even unwillingly, for a guy. Not even Oliver, that hurt slightly and put me in a foul mood for the rest of the ride to Alice's house. "Ok, so remember, be kind, polite, don't swear, boys don't like that- Oh! and play with your hair a bit but not too much, show him you're interested in whatever he's-"

"Shut up, Alice. If he doesn't like me, I'm not going to be one to convince him otherwise." I cut her off just as she pulled into her drive way next to another car, I was desperately hoping that it wasn't my date's. That would definitaly rule out the chance of being stood up.

"Hey, Alice." I looked up at the sound of the unfamiliar deep voice greeting my friend.

"You must be Vivienne." He smiled at me and stuck out his hand for me to shake when I reached Alice's side.

"Nice to meet you Kyle." I said, grabbing his hand. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Alice cringe slightly and smile awkwardly at the boy holding my hand before glaring at me.

"It's Kevin." She hissed at me.

I blushed realising my mistake. "Uh, that's what I said." I quickly pulled my hand from his and forced a smile onto my face. Kevin scratched the back of his head before awkwardly motioning to his car to his car as Alice made her way back to hers.

The car ride was silent, giving me a chance to examine my 'date' while he was distracted by driving. He wasn't bad looking, long brown hair almost past his shoulders, slightly baggy jeans and a Pearl Jam T-shirt, and sparkling green eyes.

"So... Alice told me that you, um, actually, she didn't tell me much about you." He chuckled nervously.

I cleared my throat "There's not much to tell, really."

"Same here." The awkward silence returned.

"She told me that you worked at a comic book ship- I mean, shop." 'Jesus Christ,' I thought biting my lip. 'A comic book ship? Fucks sake...'

"Oh, yeah. It's awesome there... Do you work?"

"Um, yeah. I work at this bar on George Street."

"The bar on the corner?" I nodded "Yeah, I go there sometimes... You know what it's called? Me and my friends always called it the 'No Name Bar' 'cause we never knew what it was actually called." His smile turned genuine when he mentioned his friends.

I smiled, too. "No, I have no idea what it's called. I've never even thought about it." The silence returned but it wasn't as awkward as the last. He parked in front of some restaurant called 'Façon D'être' and turned off the ignition.

"What, exactly, are we doing here?" I asked staring at the sign in horror.

"A-Alice suggested it." He answered with a shrug. "I don't even like French food." He mumbled, turning to look at the sign aswell.

"So why did you bring me to a fancy French restaurant?" I questioned laughing slightly.

"Like I said, Alice's choice." He answered, still staring at the sign.

"Is Alice on this date?"

He turned his head towards me and looked me in the eyes. "Well, no but-"

"Then, what are we doing here? Where do you want to eat?" He seemed to think about it for a minute before asking me if I wanted to go to this diner near his flat. I nodded, watching as a smile spread across his face before he turned the key to start the car.

[XxX]

I smiled when Kevin offered to walk me up to my door and told him that it wasn't necessary. He shrugged before leaning closer. My heart beat sped up and my eyes widen when I saw his face move towards mine. I bit my lip and closed my eyes, copying his actions, but my eyes snapped open when I felt his lips quickly press a soft kiss onto my cheek before leaving just as quickly.

I was slightly disappointed when I saw him walk back to his car, only turning back to wave at me, and drive off. I sighed, I guessed I was too used to being swept off of my feet by either Oliver or Rick... even Aiden. 'Shit!' I thought to myself and made my way over to the lifts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet... Took a while, soz.

Thanks a bundle to:

- HankieHead
- XoHugsXoxOKissesxO
- RazzleBazzle

Song Of The Chapter > Laura - Scissor Sisters