Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Thirty Five

"Hey, Viv." I kept my gaze in front of me, ignoring Oliver's greeting as he sat next to me. "About this guy you like, maybe you shouldn't be with him. I mean, he's obviously just a rebound because you wouldn't be going out with someone so soon after we broke up unless he was." He paused waiting for me to speak only to sigh when I didn't and turn his attention to the front of the class when the teacher entered.

The hour passed at an excruciatingly slow pace. Maybe it was the teacher's sleep-inducing speech on carbon atoms and their structural particularities, or Oliver's continuous staring and pestering. I wasn't entirely sure and, to be honest, I really didn't care either. I was merely glad when the bell rang, telling me I no longer had to deal with Oliver Winters... until tomorrow, that is.

I ran down the hallway as fast as I could, only getting a couple of feet before a hand grabbed my upper arm tightly making me gasp. "Viv, please-"

"Jesus, Oliver! Fucking let go, I'm gonna be late for my next class." I tried not to yell at him and cause a scene, but a few people still turned around to stare at us.

"I'll walk you to it. What do you have?" He asked pulling me closer to him. My eyes widen when my shoulder came in contact with his chest and I had to suck in a deep breath to keep from blushing at the proximity.

"You'll be late for your next class." I hissed at him, trying desperately to tear my arm from his grip.

"I don't care."

"Well, I do. Now leave me alone." I looked away from the floor to glare at him.

"No."

"What? Oli, stop being such a dick and let go of my fucking arm!" I didn't hesitate to

yell at him this time. The bell had rung only a few seconds ago and the hallways were already empty.

"I'm not letting you go. You need to know what happened!" I cringed away from him as he voice, as well as his temper, rose.

"Oliver, I don't care about your side of the story. I already told you that."

"Why the fuck not?!" His grip tightened making me wince.

"Because I don't care about you!"

"Then you would you lie about this so-called new guy of yours?! If you really didn't care about me, you wouldn't have even bother to lie."

"I-I didn't l-"

"Don't even try to deny it. You said you really liked this guy. Ali-" He stopped himself and exhaled deeply. "What's his name?" He asked instead of finishing his original statement.

"Kevin."

"Kevin? That's a loser's name."

"So? It's not like he chose it! And what does it matter?!"

"Tell me you lied about him."

"What are-"

"Tell me you fucking lied!" I glared at him before doing the only I thought would possibly get him away from me.

"Help!" I screamed as loud as I could. His eyes widened in both surprise and fear.

"Help! Get this psycho off-" The rest came out as an incomprehensible mumble, muffled by Oliver's hand covering my mouth.

"What the hell are you doing?!" We both turned to see Aiden. "Let her go." He told Oliver approaching us.

"Fuck off, you fag. Ah!" He ripped his hand away making me stumble, and almost fall to the ground as Aiden punched him in the ribs. He collapsed against the lockers and slid to the ground, wincing in pain.

"Oliver!" I couldn't help but yell his name and was kneeling on the floor, by his side, before I knew it. I lightly ran my hand along his bicep and stared at him in concern.

"Are you ok?" I asked, voicing my concern.

[XxX]

Oliver's POV:

"Are you ok?" Her soft voice sounded through the hallways, making it seem like she was the only person with me. I stared at her, completely forgetting her question, and subconsciously moved my face closer to hers.

"I'm fine." I didn't even realise that the words had left my mouth as I stared at her, mesmerized. My eyes shifted to her mouth when she started chewing on her bottom lip in nervousness.

"Viv?" Her head turned to look at Aiden. I didn't care if he was there and would willingly beat me up while I was distracted, I didn't care that he hated me, I didn't care that he never believed that I loved his sister. All I cared about right now was kneeling right next to me, glaring up at my enemy.

"Look! You hurt him!" She quickly turned back to look at me, her expression quickly hardening in recognition. She stood up so quickly that my brain had a hard time registering the move. "Let's go." She said to Aiden and they started walking down the hall, leaving me on the ground.

I quickly got to me feet when I saw Aiden place his hand on the small of her back, turning around to glance at me as he did so. I ran over to them, surprised at how far away they actually were, and grabbed his wrist, pulling it towards me. I quickly pushed the freak not waiting to see what his reaction was and wrapped my arms around Viv's waist making her gasp in surprise.

"Oliver," She warned though her voice was weak and trembling. I quickly took her hand in both of mine and knelt on the ground in front of her.

"Forgive me." I pleaded.

"Let go, I don-" She stopped when I let go of her hand and stood up, glaring at her. She seemed surprised that I had actually done as she had asked and stared at me for a while, eyes wide.

I sighed before speaking "What? Thought I'd ask twice? Jesus, Viv. Why are you like this?"

"Wha-" She didn't finish her question.

"You're always so closed off. I'm fucking sick of it! I always have to work so hard just to some sort of response out of you! You never open up, you're fucking irritating."

"I prefer to be closed off than-"

"Than what?! I get it, I hurt you and I'm so sorry that I did but you know that I care about you. Even if that hasn't always been the case." I sighed before continuing

"Sorry, I'm late for class." I turned away from her furious yet hurt expression and made my way down the hallway.

[XxX]

Viv's POV:

"That bastard. I'll teach him a lesson after school. He shouldn't talk to you like that, especially considering what he did to you. Don't worry, he-"

"Shut up, Aiden." I said, still staring down the corridor after Oliver, and immediately regretting it afterward. "Sorry."

"It's ok. I better get to class, too." He mumbled and started walking, his hands stuffed deep in his pockets and his fringe falling in front of his eyes as he stared at the ground.

I sat down on the floor and lent against the lockers behind me, trying hard not to cry. I jumped in surprise hearing the door to the girls bathroom slam open. I turned towards the noise and saw Zhora walking towards me.

I half expected her to glare at me or slap me or something but was pleasantly surprised when she joined me on the floor and placed her head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry about you and Oliver," She said "You were always bundles happier when you were with him, I've noticed and I've only known you for a couple of weeks."

"Yeah," I nodded slightly. "Sorry about Aiden, he'll grow out of this stupid crush." I mumbled, feeling her shake her head in disagreement.

"No, he really likes you. More than he'll ever like me."

"That's bullshit. He just doesn't spend enough time with you. He just needs to get to know you a little better."

"Maybe..." She mused. "But whenever we talk, it's always about you."

"You talked to him? Before me? But his was the one who kissed me!"

"Yeah, I know," She lifted her head to look at me "But, I didn't know what to say to you. Forgive me?" Oliver's words rang through my head.

"Only if you'll forgive me."

"Deal." She answered smiling as he shook hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really dislike this chapter and I have a sort of, minor, unnoticable writer's block :S

Anyway, thank you to:

- RazzleBazzle
- XoHugsXoxOKissesxO
- allzac
- lost_in_my_mind

Song o' the chaptah: The 69 Eyes - L8 S8n