Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Thirty Six

I was sat at home, wallowing in my own self-pity and depression. No wonder Danny hadn't said a word to me all night, I was hopeless. I've broken my best friend's heart again and managed to make my ex boyfriend give up on me. It should be me giving up on him!

'Hopeless... Hopeless... Hopeless...' I kept repeating in my head as I stared up at the ceiling of my bedroom. I'm pathetic. Just because my ex isn't dying to get back together with me doesn't mean I should be sulking. Most people would be happy, it's was easier to get over him this way.

'Yeah... easier. I don't need him, he's a bastard, anyway.' I sighed and stood up from my bed, making my way to the door. "Danny!" I called, slipping my head in the gap between the door and the wall. No answer.I opened the door fully, frowning in confusion. 'He was here a couple of minutes ago...' I looked up at the clock as I entered the kitchen. 'Ok, a couple of hours ago. Shit, I must have spaced out severely or something.'

As I was about to return to the confines of my unmade bed, I noticed a bright yellow post-it stuck on the kitchen counter.

Viv,
Gone out for a bit not that you noticed with
your fucking emo music on full blast.
Don't wait up


"Pff, Marilyn Manson's not emo." I mumbled, voicing my thoughts. I sighed again, crumpled up the note and threw it into the bin with out a second thought.

[XxX]

Oliver's POV:

"... So then I decided that she was totally worth it and banged her." My brother finished his pointlessly uninteresting and disgusting story with a sloppy smirk.

"Interesting." I mumbled numbly, staring at the playing cards in my hands before flicking one into the bin.

"Fine, I give up. Cheer yourself up." He grumbled and jumped off my bed. "But don't come crying to me because your still, uh, crying... Whatever, you get the picture." He finished and slammed my door.

"Bye, Logan." I mumbled once he had left and flicked another card into the bin. Ever since yesterday, when I had told Vivienne that she wasn't worth it anymore, I had gotten this sort of hollow feeling, almost like a sort of emptiness. The sound of the doorbell ringing caught my attention. 'It could be Viv!' Who was I kidding? She wouldn't come here to see the guy who hurt her.

I slowly made my way down the stairs knowing that I was the only person to answer the door, no one else was here apart from Logan and God knows he's too lazy to do it. I froze once the door was almost completely open. "Danny?" I asked in disbelief. What was he doing here?

"Hey, punk." He growled before grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulling me towards him. "Listen, I don't know what the fuck you did to my sister yesterday, but I ain't fucking happy about it."

"I didn't do anything other than what she's been asking me to do for the past couple of weeks." I replied in a voice so calm that it even surprised myself. I saw the confusion change his angry scowl into a frown. "She wants me to leave her alone so I did. Whatever's wrong with her, it ain't my fault."

"It's always your fault." He muttered before pushing me away from him. I caught my balance, stopping myself from falling from the force of his push. I watched as he angrily made his way down the drive way to his car and slammed the car door behind him, taking out his aggression on the vehicle. I closed the door, not bothering to watch as he drove off, and marched back up to my bedroom to sulk.

It was hard trying not to think about Viv, she was always somewhere in my mind. Whenever I tried to think about something else, my thoughts would always lead back to her. It was stupid just how hard I had fallen for her in the short time that I had known her, it wasn't right. I'm Oliver Winters, I shouldn't be sitting alone in my room thinking about how everything in my life was shit because of one person, I should be out, having fun just like a normal person.

I contemplated picking up my phone and calling Rick, but he was the one who landed me in this crap in the first place. Finally, I decided to call Will. He was a cool guy that I definitely didn't hang out with enough. "Sup?"

I smirked at his greeting "You wanna hang out?"

"What? Now?" He asked, seemingly confused.

"Yeah," I told him that I needed a distraction and he invited me over telling me that he understood that it was about Viv. "That's fucked up." I mumbled.

I heard him chuckle on the other end "What is?"

"How you knew what was bothering me, just like that." I answered and hung up, leaving him laughing.

[XxX]

A couple of minutes later, I arrived at Will's house already feeling relieved somehow at the thought of having a distraction. "Hey," Will greeted stepping aside to let me enter his house. It was a nice place that had a very homey feel about it. The hallway was a subtle shade of blue and there were pictures of Will and what I assumed were his siblings all over the walls.

He lead me through an archway into the kitchen and made his way over to the fridge. He grabbed to beers, passing one to me, before leading me through the hallway into the living room. "So, what's up? Why did you want to come over? What happened with Viv."

I sighed "She hates me."

"Seriously? She hasn't forgiven you yet?" He asked almost choking on his beer. I was slightly surprised by his reaction, he was supposed to be the calm, supportive person in my unite of friends, he should sympathize! Not spit his drink all over his front room!

"Uh, no." I admitted "And... it's even worse than that." His eyes widened as he asked me to explain. "Well, I think that she thinks that I don't want to try to get her back anymore."

"What the hell gave her that idea?" He asked dumbfounded.

"Me?" Was my hesitant answer. "I kind of, maybe, sort of, told her that she wasn't worth it anymore... ish."

Will sat there for a minute, staring into the distance seeming deep in thought. After a while, he finally spoke "This could work to your advantage. Maybe." He looked back at me and smiled.

I let out a relieved sigh, there was the supportive, serious friend I was hoping for. "How?" He bit his lip and placed his beer can on the coffee table before standing up and moving towards the fire place opposite the sofa I was seated on.

"Well... If you just acted... mutual? You know, kind of like a friend but not too much and not ignoring her either. It might make her want you more." He mused.

"I don't... understand." I told him slowly, trying to see what he was getting at. 'How would that make her like me more?'

"It will kind of be like playing 'hard to get', you see? People always want what they can't have, it's reverse psychology, she already wants you, she's just stopping herself from having you. Just make her want you so much that she can't stop herself... in a way."

I thought about it for a bit. Reverse psychology, it could work. But, if she finds out that it was all a plan to get her back, she might take it the wrong way and hate me even more... No, I can't let that happen. She can't hate me even more than she already does, I'd never get her back that way.

"No, I can't. What if she finds out? Not only would she hate me more, but she'd hate you too. I'll just have to wait for her to forgive me."

"Yeah, but Oli, how long have you waited for her already? And she's not even close to giving you another chance. Plus, I didn't want to tell you this but... I saw her with someone."

"What?! Who?! Do you know the guy?!" I yelled standing up and storming over to him.

"Yeah, I know him. It was Kevin, from the comic book shop." I calmed down instantly. It was only that loser Kevin.

"You had me worried for a second." I mumbled before returning to my seated position on the brown couch.

"Why are you so calm? They were really hitting it off."

"Because she's just using him to get to me." I still seemed confused even after my little explanation so I told him about everything that had happened with Alice and he slipped back into thought again.

"That's good." He mumbled still staring off into space. "That means you still have a definite chance. You absolutely have to act non-chalant yet friendly Monday, ok?"

I sighed, there was no way he was going to give up. I didn't understand, I knew why I was so set on getting her back but I didn't get why Will was so determined to execute his little 'hard-to-get' plan. "Fine, ok. I'll follow your plan."

"Good, don't seem like you're trying to talk to her at every chance you get, just simple 'hi's and 'hello's or 'how are you's here and there. But don't act too mean; Remember, you're the one in the wrong here."

"In the wrong, got it."

[XxX]

When I arrived back home, I sat in my car for a bit thinking about Will's idea. It could really work, bring the girl I love back to me, make Aiden angry, get Danny off my back... It would all be perfect, if the plan works.
But what if it backfires dramatically? Viv would think all I want to do is fuck with her, she'll hate me, and up falling in love that emo fag Aiden or that loser Kevin and Danny will break both of my legs... possibly one of my arms too and I would never be able to play Lacrosse again.

Shit, I hope this works.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so first of all, I have SEVERE writer's block... and not just on this story. It's really annoying because I know what I want to happen but I just can't put it into words...

Second of all... Hope you liked the long over-due chapter.

Third of all some lovely people commented on the last chapter:

- RandomnessRoxMaSox
- RazzleBazzle
- marshmallotron;;
- ambeymaree
- XoHugsXoxOKissesxO
- XXfalling-overXX
- babyykateex3
- Slash-a-holic

Lastly, Song Of the Chapter : Right Here In My Arms - HIM ( simply because I'm listening to it now and can't be bothered to choose another song... don't matter, no one probably reads this... I can say whatever I like :] )