Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Thirty Eight

'Oliver' I moaned his name as he kissed the sensitive spot under my collarbone. I ran my hands through his hair, tugging at it as he gripped my waist, pulling me closer.

I quickly pulled his head away from my neck and connected our lips in a desperate kiss. Suddenly the door swung open and Aiden barged in, staring at us with a hurt look on his face.


I awoke abruptly, the feeling of my T-shirt clinging to my sweaty skin a reminder of the nightmare I had just had. “Shit!” I cursed quietly before tearing the bedsheets from my body and making my way to the bathroom.

I examined myself a moment or two longer than necessary in the mirror before turning the tap and splashing the cool water onto my tired face. I heard stirring in the other room and quickly shut off the water, fearing I'd woken Danny.

Once the noise had stopped, I tiptoed back to my room and lay down on my bed, leaving the sheets in a messy pile on the floor. After about an hour of tossing and turning in bed, failing to find sleep, I got back up and pulled on my shoes and coat before swiftly making my way out of the apartment.

Maybe wandering the cold streets late at night in only shorts and a coat wasn't the greatest idea in the world, especially when I had absolutely no clue where I was headed. I had only gone out to let the fresh air clear my head of bizarre dreams but ended up walking aimlessly around the city.

I soon realised where my body had subconsciously taken me when I found myself staring up at the big grey gates in front of me. Oliver's house.

I wrapped my right hand around one of the metal bars before me and rested my head on the cool steel, closing my eyes and breathing in the night air. My only tranquil, although albeit odd, moment in months had been cut short by a bright light and the sound of tyres on gravel coming from behind me.

I hesitated to glance over my shoulder at what was no doubt a car, only to be startled into turning around completely by a loud, unpleasantly familiar voice. “Hey!” The man's face appeared completely dark in contrast with the bright lights of the shiney BMW, rendering him unidentifiable. “What the hell are you doing here?” He stepped out from behind the car, into the light.

My face scrunched up in confusion. “Logan?”

“Why do you sound surprised? This is my house.” He said, pressing a button on the wall beside the gate to open it. “I should be the one surprised. Mind telling me what you're doing here?” he signalled to whoever was left in the car to move forward before starting to walk up the driveway with me.

“Well, uh, I couldn't get to sleep-”

“So you decided to stalk my brother? Very classy.”

“If you continue to interrupt me, I won't tell you.”

“Fine, I'll just jump to conclusions and tell Oli all about them.”

I ignored his comment and continued with my lame excuse of a, well, excuse. “I couldn't sleep so I decided to go out for a bit of fresh air but ended up walking around the city without much clue as to where I was headed until I sort of just ended up here.”

“You're so weird.” He mumbled in response before walking up to a boy around his age who was locking the car. I heard their hushed voices as the driver motioned to the front wheel of the car but couldn't make out the words from where I was standing.

They finished their conversation and made their way over to me. “Vivienne, this is Chris. Chris, Vivienne.” Chris ran his eyes over me, from head to toe, before giving me the most condescending look possible and scoffing.

“Cute.” There was a sarcastic undertone to his voice but I didn't bother to point out what a wanker he was on first impressions. He turned to Logan “Is the guest bedroom free or should I just crash on the couch in your room?”

“Stay in my room, my parents are home.” Chris nodded before entering the house and climbing up the stairs. Logan shut the door behind us and lead me towards the kitchen. He motioned for me to take a seat on one of the many bar stools by the kitchen island before heading to the fridge and sticking his head inside.

“What do you want to drink?” He asked, without turning to look at me.

“Uh, I'll just have whatever you're having.” Logan closed the fridge door, and went to a wooden cabinet at the other end of the room. He returned and placed a bottle of vodka and two shot glasses on the counter before me.

“Um, I'm not really a heavy drinker.” I mumbled sheepishly as Logan grabbed the barstool next to me and dragged it around the island to sit opposite me.

“Never too late to start.” Was his response as he poured the clear liquid into both glasses. “Besides, it might give you the courage to forgive my idiot brother and save yourselves both some misery.”

I didn't really appreciate his second comment but decided to ignore it as he pushed the small glass towards me. He picked up his glass and held it out towards me. “Here's to your pathetic love-life and my awesome sex-life.” He winked as I gently knocked my glass against his before we both downed the vodka at the same time.

The burn from the alcohol wasn't as bad as I had expected and I didn't hesitate to accept another shot. The effects of the alcohol became apparent to my after the third shot so I didn't accept a fourth but that didn't stop Logan and assuming he had already been drinking with his buddy Chris beforehand, I wouldn't like to be him in the morning.

“You should really stop this crap with Oli-dearest, I don't know what you're like without him, but without you he's all boring and depressed. Like I was telling about this chick the other day, amazing girl with the longest legs you've ever seen, anyway I won't tell you the actual story, it's not really appropriate for the ladies, anyway I was telling him about this girl and he didn't even care! He was just acting all depressed about not being with you, you getting me?”

“Yeah, I'm getting you. So what was she like, this girl?” I was pretty sure I was approaching drunkenness at this stage but it didn't matter, all it did was make me tired.

“A-mazing! I've never met a girl as wild as her. You wouldn't believe the kind of things she wanted to do to me, she was almost too kinky for me, I mean we did the stuff, of course we did, but wow, you know?”

At any other moment in time, it would have disgusted me to hear about what Logan did with his 'kinky chick', but right at that moment I was either too drunk or too tired to care.

“Hey, hey, hey there. You look like you're gonna fall asleep on my kitchen counter. Wakey, wakey.” Logan mumbled tapping me on my shoulder.

“Sorry, I'm just really tired for some reason.”

“Ok,” Logan said pouring two more shots “One more than we're taking you to bed. Cheers.”

[XxX]

Oliver's POV:

I was woken up by the sound of my bedroom door slamming open. “What the hell?” I muttered sitting up in my bed. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes before looking up at the intruder.

“Hey baby brother, did we wake you?” Logan asked with a big grin on his face.

“Shit Logan, you woke me up for your drunken ramblings? Go to bed.” I told him and buried my head back into my pillow.

“Actually, that's just what I was going to do but I have this little problem you see. I have this tired, little, half-naked Vivienne Edwards-” I shot up in bed at the mention of Vee. “-and I think she'd much rather sleep with you than with me.”

I watched as my idiot brother stepped back a little to let Vee move in front of him. Holy shit, she really was there, at half past four in the morning, in nothing but a white tank top and what were probably her brother's boxer shorts.

“Is she- Wait, is she drunk?” Logan bit back a smirk as she leaned into him.

“Maybe.”

“Logan, what did you do? Fuck, I'm going to get into so much trouble for this!” I quickly got out of bed and went to my ex, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her into my side to stop her from falling.

“Relax, she came here of her own concord.”

“Accord!” I shouted back at him, walking Viv to the en-suite. “Idiot.” I hissed examining Viv to make sure she wasn't going to throw up or pass out or something.

“I'm not an idiot.” She mumbled frowning at me. She looked so adorable with her face all scrunched up that I didn't even mind the alcohol on her breath.

“Oh no, I didn't mean you, baby.” She just smiled before leaning into me and burying her into my neck.

“Do you want to go to bed?” I asked her softly. She merely nodded, keeping her head in place. “Ok, I'll take you the guest room.” I picked her up bridal style and reveal in the fact that she wrapped her arms around my neck.

“I want to stay with you.” She mumbled into my neck, holding on tighter.

I sighed “I'm sorry, you can't do that, baby.” I answered, frowning as I re-entered my bedroom. Logan was gone and the door was now closed.

“Why not?” She whined.

“Because you'll shout at me tomorrow when you wake up.” I explained, struggling to open the door without dropping her.

“No I won't I promise. Just let me stay with you.” I cursed silently before giving up on the door and turning towards my bed. I gently placed her on the side of the bed I head kicked the sheets off of and turned to round the bed to get in the other side.

“No, don't go.” She said reaching out to me.

“Don't worry I'm just going to the other side of the bed.” She shook her head and held onto my wrist. “Well how am I supposed to get into bed?” I asked her laughing slightly. She seemed to think about it for a second before moving over slightly to leave just enough space to fit in.

I chuckled at her before lifting the covers to get in. “Alright, have it your way.” I smiled down at her as she snuggled into my side, placing her hand on my chest and resting her head on my biceps when I wrapped my arm around her.

“Night, Oli.” She mumbled.

“Good night, Vee.” I placed a gently kiss on the top of her head.

“And don't call me 'baby'.” I just smiled, falling into a peaceful slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
The writer's block is slowly disintegrating, still stopped me from updating for a whole year. I'm so sorry.

Song Of The Chapter > Astronomy (cover) - Metallica