Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Thirty Nine

“Viv? Viv!” Oliver called after me in the hallway at school. I was trying desperately to ignore him but that proved to be harder than I thought. I quickly made it to the front doors and sighed in relief once I was outside before making my way to the bus stop.

“Viv!” I heard my name once again and frowned before turning around to face the person I had been ignoring since the night I unconsciously wandered into his house... and into his bed.

“What? What do you want?!” I wasn't really angry at him, I was just embarrassed at myself and was taking it out on him.

“What do I want? What the fuck do you think I want?!” Shit, he was actually angry. “For weeks all I've been doing is trying to get you back, that's all I've been doing and you have the nerve to ask me what I want?”

At that point all my so-called anger had disappeared and I was starting to feel a little sheepish with people turning to stare at us. “Um,” I mentally started to scold myself for such a crappy response but, at the moment, that was the best I could come up with.

“Um? Is that all you have to say?! After everything that happened Saturday night? God, you're so-”

“So what? You're not really going to try and make feel bad about this, are you? Everything that's happened is your fault! I can't believe you're actually- What? What are you smiling at?” Half way through my rant a giant grin had spread across his face, as if everything I was saying was a complete joke to him.

“I'm sorry, I know I'm blaming you and you're blaming me but I really don't care. I miss you, I miss being with you. Saturday was... perfect and I just really, really want you back. And don't you dare act like you hate me, because you willing, although albeit somewhat unconsciously, came to my house especially in the middle of the night to see me. That has to mean something.”

“It does.” I admitted, I wasn't going to lie. “But it doesn't change anything. Sorry.” The bus pulled up behind as Oliver's grin turned into a frown.

“You're so fucking stubborn, it's unbelievable!”He shouted as I boarded the bus.

[XxX]

I was in a miserable mood when I got back home, and all because Oliver, as usual. I sighed and threw my bag onto my bed before collapsing down onto it myself. It would be an hour until Dan got back from uni so I decided to do my homework.

An hour later, I had only started one maths exercise. “Fuck it. Wasn't due tomorrow anyway.” I mumbled before pushing my maths book away and resting my head on my arms.

“Vee? I'm home and I brought food.” I groaned before lifting my head to peer out of bedroom. I watched as Dan dropped his bag by the front door before carrying two paper grocery into the kitchen. I slowly got up and went to help him.

“What did you buy?” I asked as I entered the kitchen.

“Well, I was thinking maybe tonight I could trying cooking something a little more complex than frozen pizza so I bought some pasta, fresh basil-” He stopped talking and rummaging around in the grocery bag when he realised that I was lazily playing around with an orange instead of listening to him.

He sighed and put down the tin of diced tomatoes before asking me what was wrong. “The same as usual.”

“Christ, you're such a typical teenager. So what if he's a bit of a prick? It's not like you're gonna be with him forever and marry him and have his babies if you do get back together with him. It'll end eventually.”

“Your point?” I asked dropping the orange back into the fruit bowl.

“My point is, if you want to have your fun with him, do it, while you're still young.”
There was a silence while I stared him with a confused look on my face. “What- Are you actually saying these words? You want me to 'have my fun with him' while I'm still young?”

“Yeah,” I said smiling until realisation hit him “No! No, I didn't mean like that, ew, no. I just meant that you're young and you shouldn't take relationships so seriously.

“I see,” Another pause. “So what's for dinner?” I finally asked, standing up.

“Spaghetti bolognese.” He answered with a smile.

“Maybe one day we could try making something a little more adventurous, don't you think?” He just glared at me as I went back to my room to try and finish my homework. Unfortunately, as soon as I sat at my desk, my phone rang. “Jesus, homework will have to wait.”

I picked up my phone, quickly checking to see who was calling and jumped onto my bed. It was Aiden and I had no idea what to say to him. “Uh, hey, Aiden.”

“Um,”

“Yes?”

“H-hi! I was, well I just wanted to see if you wanted to do something... with me.”

“What? Right now?” I asked checking the time, it was almost half past seven.

“Well, yeah. I just feel we haven't been hanging out a lot lately.”

“That's because you haven't been speaking to me.”

“Yeah, well, I am now. So do you want to hang out, or not?”

“Aiden, you know how I feel about you-”
“I-I didn't mean it like that!” He cut me off. “I just meant as friends.”

“I dunno, it's almost eight and I have a ton of homework to do.”

There was pause on the other end and for I minute I thought I'd fucked up again. “Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow than.” I cringed at the sound of his voice. He just sounded so... hurt.

“How about we hang out on Saturday instead?” I could hear the happiness in his voice as he agreed and we made plans to have lunch at a fast food restaurant near school. “Ok, so I'll see you Saturday?”

“Yeah, see you then.” I hung up the phone with a smile on my face, feeling like things between us were finally getting better.

“Vee! Your unadventurous dinner is ready!” Danny called from the kitchen. I quickly slipped my phone back into my pocket and made my way to the kitchen. I sat down at the counter just as he placed a bowl of pasta in front of me.

“Cheers, it looks delicious.” I said, smiling at him as he joined me.

[XxX]

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face because of the person I least expected to put me in a good mood. The fact that Aiden and I were going to be getting along better made my life a hell of lot simpler than it was at the moment; no more awkward silences at lunch, no more arguments and we could stop ignoring each other if we met in the hallways. Things were looking up.

I jumped out of bed and grabbed some clean clothes out of my wardrobe before going to take a shower. I bumped into Danny on the way to bathroom. “Good morning!” I said with a grin.

“You're... awake.” He said, shocked.

“Yep, just getting ready for a new day.” After my shower I quickly blow dried my hair and applied a little liquid eye-liner on my upper lash line and a coat of mascara before grabbing a slice of Danny's toast and leaving. I arrived at school to find Alice sitting alone at our usual table, texting. “Hey, Alice.” She gave me a strange look as I sat opposite her, smiling.

“Oh my God, did you get back together with Oliver?” It was my turn to give her a strange look.

“What? No, why would you think that?”

“Because you just look so... cheerful.” I grimaced at her chosen adjective.

“Ok, I may be in a better mood than usual, but I will never be 'cheerful'. No, I'm just in a good mood because Aiden called me last night and-”

“Oh no, don't tell me you guys are dating! Oh my God, how could you? What about how Zhora feels-”

“Woah, calm down. We're not dating. We've just made up, that's all.”

A massive grin spread across her face. “That's great! But you both took your time about it.” I rolled my eyes at her just as the first bell rung. “Yay, time for class.” Alice exclaimed sarcastically before we made our way to class.

[XxX]

Classes flew by until lunchtime finally arrived. I was making my way to the cafeteria when I saw Oliver leave one of the classrooms. The hallways were empty so instantly our eyes met, creating the most awkward situation of the day. 'Be civil, go talk to him. Forgive him.'

I turned and made my way towards him. I had already fixed my relationship with Zhora and things were really looking up for my friendship with Aiden, all I needed for everything to be normal again was to fix whatever I had with Oliver.

“Hey,” I greeted him, clinging my physics book to my chest.

“Uh, hi...” He mumbled, leaning against the lockers behind him. There was a very awkward silence as we both searched for something, anything to say. “Look, about yesterday when I shouted at you, I'm sorry I called you fucking stubborn and everything, but I stand by what I said and-”

“I forgive you.” I didn't just mean for what he said yesterday, for everything. Something inside me told me he knew exactly what I meant. He stood, shocked against the lockers until I stuck my hand out for him to shake. “Friends?”

“Is that all you want from me?” He asked staring at my outstretched hand.

I didn't know what to say. I had no idea what I wanted from him any more. I just knew that what we had at that moment wasn't good. “I don't know.” I admitted, lowering my hand. “I miss you.” I whispered.

“I miss you, too.” He said, taking hold of my hand. He started lightly tracing circles on my hand with his thumb. “Being your friend isn't enough for me. But at this point I'll take whatever I can get.” He stopped moving his thumb and placed a small kiss on my cheek before leaving to the lunchroom.

“It's not enough for me, either.” I whispered, staring as the cafeteria's double doors shut behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I was dead? Sorry 'bout that :S

I would like to thank WriteMeALoveLetter for commenting on the last chapter :]

Song Of The Chapter: Doctor, Doctor - UFO