Status: Active....Thanks to XXfalling-overXX for the banner... again :]

New In Town

Chapter Five

It was Saturday. Not exactly the best day to look for a job but I can only work weekends. When I woke up this morning Danny was, luckily, asleep. He didn't want me to get a job, something about it bruising his ego if he couldn't provide for his little sister, so I would have to keep it from him. That is, if I ever get a job.

I had already been to almost every shop at the mall. Most of them weren't hiring and the ones that were, well let's just say I didn't really fit in with their style. I had also tried almost every diner, restaurant and fast food joint in town and was starting to lose hope.

I had finally given up and was heading home. On my way back, I passed a bar and thought I might as well give it one more try. I opened the door to see that the place was mix between a sports bar and a nightclub. Sort of difficult to describe. I also noticed that none of the clientele were women, only the waitresses were.

I walked towards the man behind the bar. I could practically feel the eyes of every single person in bar on me which only made me more nervous. It was basketball try outs all over again. Let's just hope I don't fall on my arse.

"Can I help you?" the man behind the bar asked me.

"Uh... Y-yeah, I was just wondering if there were any jobs going? At the weekend i-if possible."

The bloke just raised an eyebrow at me before asking me to follow him into an office behind the bar. He opened the office door to reveal a man behind a desk doing paperwork or something. "Vector. There's a girl here, looking for a job." The man from behind the bar said before leaving me in the office with 'Vector'.

"Take a seat." he said not looking up from whatever he was writing. I sat down feeling even more nervous than before. The man behind the desk had dark hair that wasn't too long or too short and was wearing a black shirt with the sleeves rolled up and black jeans. He looked to be in his late twenties max.

When he finally looked up, I saw the most amazing grey but amazing in an intense and intimidating way. "So, you're looking for a job?" I just nodded in response. "Ok, well first would you mind telling me your name?" He asked, his eyes shining with amusement.

"V-Vivienne. Vivienne Edwards. But everyone calls me Viv." I said feeling slightly more comfortable under his slightly less intimidating gaze.

"Well then Viv. Could you tell a bit about yourself like past experience, why you want this job, your age stuff like that."

"Uh well, I've never worked anywhere before, I want this job to help pay rent and to help pay for my brother to go to college and I-I'm -" I was debating whether or not to tell him my real age. I doubt they'll hire a 16 year old in a place like this. I cleared my throat before continuing "- I'm 21 years old."

I don't think he believed me "And this brother of yours, is he your older brother?"

"Yes." I replied automatically.

"Alright. I'll tell you what, I'll let you have a job if you tell me your real age."

"Six-sixteen." I stuttered. Wasn't so sure I wanted a job here anymore.

"Ok. You'll be waitressing Friday and Saturday nights. You start in -" he looked at his watch "-three hours. You can stay here if you want until then." he said returning to his paperwork.

"Thank you. But I think I'll come back at 10." I said before turning to leave.

"Oh, and Viv, if any of the customers lay a finger on you, don't hesitate to tell me or Sam."

"O-ok. Who's Sam?"

"Me."

I turned around to see the bar tender smirking at me. He looked around my age, maybe older. I smiled at both of them before leaving.

[XxX]

"Hey, where have you been all day?" Danny asked me when I sat down next to him on the sofa. He was still only in boxers and playing Call of Duty.

"Just out." I said "Why are you still in boxers? It's almost 8 pm."

He shrugged "It's Saturday."

"Whatever. I'm going out tonight. Is that alright?"

"Uh huh." He said, his eyes never leaving the screen.

[XxX]

It was a couple of hours into my first shift and it hasn't so bad actually. A couple of guys tried to grope me but Sam kicked them out. I told that I knew someone called Sam and that he was a twat. He just laughed at me.

"Hey, Viv look over there rich boys just walked in." another waitress, Dani said. I considered her as my new friend. "God, I love it when those types come in. They tip well and they're dead sexy. Cause you're new I'll let you have 'em." She said winking before going to serve another table.

I turned around to see that the rich boys Dani was talking about were Oliver, Will, Sam and a guy I didn't recognize. I also saw that Jack wasn't with them, I wonder why.

"Are you just gonna stand there checking them out or are you going to go and serve them?" Sam asked with the smirk that only seemed to leave his face when he was angry.

"I think I'll leave them to Dani." I told him still looking at Oliver and his mates.

"Nonsense." He said before pushing me towards there table. When Oliver looked up I inwardly groaned, I didn't want to face him yet. I wasn't ready.

"Vi-Vivienne? I didn't know you worked here." Oliver said looking how I felt. Awkward. I just shrugged. "Well, uh, can we get 4 beers please?" This guy that looked like an older version of Oliver said.

I just stared at him for a couple of seconds too long before writing what he said down. "This is my brother," I looked up to see Oliver motioning to his well brother I guess. "Logan."

"Nice to meet you." I whispered staring at my notepad. I turned and went back behind the bar to get their drinks.

"Y'alright?" Sam asked once I had gotten the beers.

"Yeah." I said not looking at him in the eyes.

"Did they try something?" he asked getting angry.

"No, it's just... I know them and something happened yesterday and it's awkward." I went back to the table and gave them their drinks.

"Where did you get that jacket?" Logan asked with his eyebrows furrowed, staring at my hoodie.

"What?" I asked dumbly.

"Your jacket where did you get?" he said now looking at my face. I don't get it, it was my hood- well Danny's hoodie, why would he care where I got it?

"Um, it's my brother's." I said confused.

He raised his eyebrow at me before asking me who my brother was. "Why do you care? Viv can I talk -" Oliver was cut off by his brother.

"No. Tell me who your brother is."

"H-his name's Danny. Why?"

"Danny... Edwards?" he asked ignoring my question.

"Ye-" before I could even finish my answer he was laughing. Laughing.

"You're his sister?" he continued laughing with everyone, including his brother, was looking at him as if he was crazy. "How does it being related to a complete and utter loser?" he asked mockingly.

"How's that black eye I gave him?" suddenly it all clicked together "You bastard." Everyone at the table looked at me shocked except Logan who just had the look of sheer amusement on his face.

"You'd be the one with a black eye if Danny had a group of thugs with him." I spat. "You'd deserve it a lot more than him too."

"Careful there feisty, I don't think your brother would appreciate it much if you were the reason I got him kicked out of college." I looked down at the ground but didn't say a word.

"Say sorry." I stared at him incredulously.

"Pardon?"

Say sorry."

"No!"

He got up and wrote something down on a piece of paper and gave it to me before picking up his bottle of beer and leaving with it. I looked down at the paper he had given me and saw a phone number and writing saying 'If you want your loser brother to continue college you'll call me ;)'

"What just happened there?" I went back behind the bar without answering Will's question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me if you like it. Comment & Subscribe plzzzzzzzzz. =)