Worse Than Fairytale

The Roots of Beginning & The Feared Ones

The flowers of the grand meadow that reached beyond the eyes could see were flowing waving into the slight soft breeze of the sea air.
A young pale girl laid, stretched in a patch of daises. Her beautiful blonde hair wildly sprouted around her head on the green grass. Her long white gown with laces hugging her body all around retreated into her body from breathing. Her eyes closed, smiling slightly smelling the sweet salt air.
“Jacquelyn!, Jacquelyn! Where are you!” a voice overwhelming the nature sounds of the meadow were cut off. Another young girl with long brunette hair waved through the air as she ran through the flower patches. The brunette girl seemed frantic, from not finding her friend? Or something involving danger to come?
Jacquelyn, whom laid stretched upon the flower patch abruptly opened her ice blue eyes. Suddenly without thinking flicked half her body upward perking. Swinging her head from the sides, looking for the origin of whom was calling her name. “Esme?” Jacquelyn whispered to herself, continuing to look around.
“Esme, Where are you?” Jacquelyn shouted, her voice still peaceful and calm. She jerked her body upward standing, yet stumbled on a uneven hole in the patch. She continued to look around trying to find her friend who was calling her. Esme, her friend abruptly jerked her head, hearing her name also being called, Jacquelyn whom she was looking for. Peering, squinting her eyes for a better look, yet the sunlight was in her eyes. She perched her hand over her brow, within seconds finding her friend waving her hands in the air, signaling her to come over here.
She did so, lifted her gown, and rushing through the field of flowers. “Jacquelyn there you are!” Esme replied smiling with glee, on a little bit of scared tone in her voice. “We need to get out of here, the feared ones are here!” Esme grabbed hold of Jacquelyn’s arm and tried to walk with her, back to her house.
“No! I want to fight back!” Jacquelyn spoken heroically, crossing her arms as she struggled to free her other arm. She looked at Esme, she seemed quite shaken and unease. Esme rose her hand shakily, covering her mouth with her hand freeing Jacquelyn’s arms. “Look…” Esme continued using her free hand to point from behind Jacquelyn.
Turning around from seeing her friend frantic, she saw in the distance smoke arising into the sky, blackening the evening mood into a chaotic feeling. A large fire was blazing in the sky. The screams of terror risen, overwhelming the sound of beating drums. “T-there here…Jacquelyn we need to go now!” Esme began to run through the meadow frequently looking back at the fire blazing into the sky, their village in turmoil. Jacquelyn was in a terror of shock, she could feel the heat of the flames as if she was in front of the fire. Tears began to drop from her cheeks. Shaking them away she quickly ran to her friend trying to catch up to her.
“Where are we running to?!” Jacquelyn screamed at her friend, almost shouting out load. Esme turned around still running, and yelled something that Jacquelyn misinterpreted. Seeing her friend turning into where the meadow stops, the Black Forest.
Jacquelyn heard stories of the Black Forest, they weren’t good, it possessed a horrid past, an evil past. She didn’t like the sight or the mentioning of the name.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not quite sure if I wanted to continue on this chapter or just separate into another chapter..I'll update later...