I'm A Prostitute and Fell In Love With One of My Customers. What?

Reunion

Ryan quietly took the Impala out of the garage as I packed our things. I tried convincing myself that I hated Adrian too much to feel guilty... It wasn't working. I snuck out the front door and silently shut it behind me. As I climbed in the car I prayed Adrian and Rocksas wouldn't notice the sound or light of us pulling out.

I was silent for half the trip when a serious problem occurred to me.

"Um, Ryan?"

"Yes."

"Where are we going to stay in New York?" I looked down at my hands as I played with a button on my pajama shirt.

"Good question..."

I there there in silence thinking about my home life and whether I should go home or not. Just as quickly as I thought it I pushed it away. I could not live with my dad ever again. But my mom... I didn't hate her. I was just sat she took his word over mine.

"Ryan. Can I use your phone?"

"Sure. For what?" I ignored his question and dialed the number.

The person on the other line picked up. "Hello?"

"Mom, it's me." I sat there listening for about two minutes then hung up.

"Who was that?" Ryan ordered looking a bit suspicious.

"My mom. She wants me to meet her at the mall tomorrow at 4. Will we get there in time?"

"Yes."

For the rest of the car ride I decided to sleep.

***

When we pulled up the the mall I realized she didn't say which mall or where specifically she wanted to meet us. Realizing that I thought she was going to ditch me or I wouldn't find her at all. It was too late to call her because it was 2 minutes to four and she wouldn't still be at the house either. I stopped panicking when I saw her standing at one of the entrances into the mall.

I stared at her, not seeing her for so long. She had a few gray hairs and it looked like she dyed it to cover them up, but they came back, because her hair color was fresher compared to the last time I saw her. She looked stressed and a wrinkle was dented above her eyebrows. When I walked over to her relief washed over her face and the wrinkle disappeared. She just stood there staring at me then Ryan and back to me.

"Mom?"

She still just stared at me and I felt like I was going to cry. Ryan must have been able to tell because he took my hand in his and squeezed it. Then my mom stepped forward and hugged me. When she pulled away I saw a single tear fall down her face.

"Is he why you left? This boy? Did you run away with him?"

"No mom! You should know why I did! But you didn't believe me..." I trailed off.

"Oh honey... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't believe you. Your father... he's..." She was crying now. Hard. I had never seen her like this.

"He got arrested for raping a girl. One of your old friends. I'm so sorry." She cried even harder than almost abruptly stopped.

"If he wasn't in prison I'd kill him myself." Ryan managed to say through a clenched jaw.

"Mom, do you remember Ryan? I dated him before I... ran away. When I lelt I went to California and got a um... job. I became good friends with a girl a worked with and lived with her. Then I met a man named Adrian, he was one of our customers. Then one day I found out Ryan was living with him. Adrian is his older cousin." I explained.

"Oh, I see. What a coincidence." She was smiling now. I hesitated before telling her the rest.

"Um... Ryan's my boyfriend now and I'm pregnant mom." I decided it would be better to just come out and say it.

At first she looked like she thought it was a joke, then it sunk in. Then she looked angry but then she composed herself.

"Well. Are you going to live here?"

"Yes."

"Of course... you wouldn't have come home unless you needed something...You should look for a job then. I'll find an apartment for you and help you with the rent only for a little while. So you better hope you get a good job." She said.

"I didn't come home because I wanted you to help me! I came home because I wanted to," I shrieked.

"Whatever. Just go look for a job. Him to. A baby is not an easy thing to take care of." She ordered.

Ryan and I exchanged a look then I shrugged at him. It was a true statement after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback causes more updates.