Status: Finished. :]

Conversation Got Me Here

The Only Chapter

I was an emotional wreck. I knew I was. Everybody knew I was. But I hadn’t always been an emotional wreck—it was just recently— since the beginning of the pregnancy, to be exact. I should’ve known not to trust him.

The words of my least favorite song from his band blared through my speakers of my car.

Darling what is going on?
Honestly that never happened
Lying is your favorite passion.


Something obviously happened; either that or there was an alien in my protruding stomach. I turned off the stereo as I pulled into my driveway. An unfamiliar car was parked in the extra space and I wondered who it was. I turned the car off and got out, grabbing my bag and waddling to the front door. I halfway wondered if Brittany had stolen the car like she often claimed she would during one of her crazy rants of how rabid flesh-eating turtles would take over Australia.

I dropped my bag on the couch and made my way to the kitchen to find Brittany deep in conversation with some guy. “Oh look! Here she is now! In all her pregnant glory,” Brittany added. The guy turned to look at me.

“Max?” I asked.

“Shane?” His focus was on my belly.

My cheeks flushed red. “Well, it sure ain’t Darth Vader!” I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. He has some nerve to believe that I’d want to talk to him after getting me pregnant and disappearing for six months!

“She’s usually in a better mood,” Brittany said as she went to the cupboard and grabbed a box of Gushers. “Be nice and I’ll give you a pack.” She dangled a packet of my most recent craving from across the room.

“Shane?” he asked again, this time forcing his gaze away from my stomach.

“What?” I mumbled, trying to decide how nice I would have to be before I got my Gushers.

I guess I wasn’t paying attention very well because the next thing I knew he was hugging me. I gave way to tears and Brittany sat on the counter as she watched Max attempt to calm me. He brushed away some of my tears and kissed the spots where others fell.

“Awe,” Brittany sniffed. “So cute!”

“Don’t cry,” Max pleaded as his hand found mine and he interlaced our fingers.

“Of course I’m crying!” I whined. “I’m going to end up being a single mother of twins! That’s more than one butt to wipe! THAT’S TWO BUTTS TO WIPE!”

“Who says your single? Maybe I want to claim you as my own?” Max suggested.

“You haven’t yet,” Brittany pointed out. “I see no ring on her finger! And she hasn’t dated since that guy broke her heart and you got her pregnant. Now she’s moody twenty-four-seven. Max, be glad you don’t live with her!” She opened a package of Gushers and ate them as I was forced to watch.

“Are you saying I’m hard to live with?” I cried.

“No! I’m just saying you’re moody,” she grinned.

“I’m moody and my stomach looks like it’s going to explode!” Max pressed his ear against my stomach as I complained. “And then what are you going to do? You’re gonna throw a party because you don’t have to deal with my moodswinginess and you’ll eat all my Gushers!”

“Oh yeah,” Brittany mumbled before tossing a pack to me.

“Thank you!” I squealed before ripping open the package and eating them one by one as Max rubbed my stomach. “What are you doing?” I asked as I watched Max talking to my belly.

He looked up and his cheeks were light pink. “Nothing,” he mumbled.

“Nooo, what were you doing,” I insisted.

“Talking to the twins,” he admitted sheepishly.

“AWE!” I squealed.

Hormones,” Brittany mumbled as she jumped from the counter and went to the fridge.

“That’s sooo cute!” I squealed.

Max stood and stared into my eyes.

Ooo, are you two going to have a moment?” Brittany asked, peeking over the fridge door. “I should leave.” She closed the door and skipped away to her room.

“Shane?” Max whispered.

“Max,” I whispered back.

His lips pressed against mine.

“DID HE ASK YET?” Brittany yelled, probably watching from behind her door.

He searched my eyes. “Be my girlfriend?” he asked. I nodded and pressed my lips to his again.

“Awe!” Brittany squealed, skipping out and patting us both on the back. “And to think… None of this would’ve happened if I wasn’t home today.” She smiled proudly.

“Brittany,” I mumbled.

“Get a boyfriend,” Max laughed.

She pouted. “That’s the last time I’m helping a prego friend! Have fun with the babies. ‘Cause when they come—you can bet I’m gonna get me some ear plugs and sleep.”

Sometimes I wondered about her. But honestly, I couldn’t be happier with my life now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Teehee, this makes me giggle.
Comment it! :D