‹ Prequel: Something More
Status: Currently Editing/Revamping

That Should Be Me

027

I opened the front door to my house, scared to even talk to Joe.

All the lights were off. I assumed Joe went to bed. Shit.

I walked upstairs into the bedroom and saw Joe lying in bed, but he was on his laptop.

“Hi baby” He said

“Hi, Joe we really have to talk”

I really wasn’t sure how to even start this conversation. I looked at the ring on my left hand, and I started to take it off. Joe already started to put his focus back on what he was doing on his laptop.

I swallowed hard, and placed the ring on Joe’s laptop. He looked at it for a brief second, and he picked it up and clenched his hand around it.

He looked at me.

“So, what are you trying to tell me?” He asked “Matter of fact, who was your ‘friend’ you were hanging out with tonight?”

I looked at the floor. “Well?” He asked

“Nick” I whispered. He shut his laptop and got out of bed.

“Go on” He said with clear anger in his voice now

“I just think we shouldn’t get married.” I said softly. Joe was livid.

“What the fuck did you do with Nick? Did you cheat on me?” He shouted.

“I think you should calm down” I whispered.

“Calm down?! How the fuck can I calm down?!” He yelled.

“Joe… I know you’re mad but-“

“Mad? You think I’m mad? I’m not mad, I’m fucking livid!” He screamed at me. I jumped a little at the tone of his voice. I’ve never seen him like this. And in all honestly I was scared.

“So what did you do with Nick?” He yelled. I didn’t answer, I just felt like he needed to calm down and I needed to leave. I began to walk out of the room and Joe grabbed my arm.

“Ow, Joe you’re hurting me!” I said

“Answer me”

“Nothing” I said softly

“You’re a fucking liar.” He said to me. “Tell me the truth”

“WE JUST KISSED OKAY?!” I yelled. He was taken aback, “Don’t fucking yell at me” He said and then it happened something I never thought Nick’s brother was capable of doing. The impact of his hand to my face made me fall to the ground. I put my hand to my face.

He stood there stunned. “D, I didn’t mean to I-"

I stood up and ran out of the house and got in Joe's car and just began sobbing. I pulled out of the driveway and I knew exactly where I was going.

I rang the doorbell

Nick opened the door; it was obvious he just woke up. I collapsed into his arms.

~
I was completely confused but I held her. “What happened baby?” I whispered into her ear as I stroked her hair and listened to her sobs.

“Joe-“She began.

“Shhh.” I picked her up and put her on the couch and I shut my door. I got her a cup of tea, and sat next to her.

“Tell me what happened” I said
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah it's been so long! I missed you all! Comment :D