Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Living a life that you don't plan

January 6th 1987

Reileys POV:

"Reiley! get up or youll be late for school. And Im not driving you this time." My mom screamed from the stairway. My twelve year old sister Morgan pounced on my bed, pulling my pillow from under my head mocking my mother, "Yeah Reiley get up!" Laughing maniacley she jumped up and down repeating herself.

"Get away." I mummbled pushing her off. I swear it should be illegal to share a room with your younger sister...even though she may be better than the older one. Veronica. Shes only two years older than me and yet makes it a goal to call me a stupid freshman every day. Like shes so high and mighty being a junior...get over yourself.

My mom and dad moved us here to Rodeo when i was 4, back when there were only two kids. We only moved 6 miles down the road but it apparently made a huge difference, and I guess in a way it changed my life tremendously. I never would have met my best friends and I would probably be in an institution.

I threw my limp body in the shower. Getting out I instantly yanked Morgan away from the stereo and blasted her out with The Sex Pistols. Quickly I scanned my closet setteling on a red and black stripped Ramones shirt and my tight black jeans with holes in both knees. Then I finally slugged my way into the kitchen. My mom greeted me with a, "Veronica already caught the bus." I threw my arms into the air clapping, " Well yippe!! Im walking anyway."

I swear my sister was the golden child. If someone said I looked like her my parents would be quick to correct them and say we were polar opposites.My younger sister was a spoiled rotten brat, but understood me and cared for me...most of the time. Mostly I was the intolerable one. My mom would put up with me when she had to, and my dad would try to push me to better in school. What he didnt realize though was that if I did that I would never see my friends and I would end up failing.

My black low top converse practically morphed to my foot as I slid them on and walked out the door. I wasnt two steps out the door when I got bitched at again, only this time by one of my friends.

"Reiley are you coming, uhm, TODAY!?"
"Mike shut the fuck up! Its okay Reiley take your time the less school the better." Billie smiled at me and stopped at the bottom of my porch.

Ive known Billie Joe since I was four years old when we moved nextdoor to his family. Then when Mike moved into our school Billie introduced us and hes been like a brother ever since. But never as close as Billie and I were. None to less the three of us did everything together. Since this past summer I have been dragged out of a dead sleep to go into town, where Gilman Street was. Billie was determined to get into the scene and pulled all of the friends he could into a band to practice. Him and Mike are always practicing since Mike lives there, but everyday they have practice for everyone. They are searching desperately for a steady drummer and singer...Mike is convinced Billie should just sing.

Mike has this witch girlfriend named Stacey. It would be an understatment to say she hated me...more like despises or loaths.She thinks Im in love with mike and am going to take him away from her. Which is DEAD wrong, because Ive been dating someone for two years. Troy Ellrick. Billie hates him and he hates Billie. They are opposites. Troy is more jock than punk but goes to gilman to keep an eye on me when Im with Billie. Thats another reason Troy hates Billie... he thinks hes in love with me. Yeah. Right.

Billies POV:

She looks perfect. How does she make smudgy eyeliner look so good. God I love her hair. Her light brown layers tangled in with her black under layer.

Mike is the only person who knows this, even though her dickhead boyfriend speculatesit, Reiley is the girl of my fucking dreams. Ive come close to telling her that so many times but her and Troy have been together so long I think she would choose him over me. And that would kill me. So I decide against it every time. Its really weird because Reiley sleeps at my house alot. Shell just sleep in bed with me, but I cant touch her.

"Billie...you okay?" she asked breaking into my thoughts.
"Uh yeah Im just tired."She nodded and yawned herself.

We walked up the stairs of the school and I could see Troy at the top waiting for her.
"Hey Babe." he said muffled and stifling a yawn. Reiley smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. "Morning."

*

I have every class with her. Troy only has gym with her and the entire time he just hugs her cause he doesnt have to do a damn thing.All because hes on the god for saking football team and they dont want him to get hurt...blah blah blah. The team fucking sucks anyway so what does it matter?!

I was innocently sitting in english class when she poked my neck whispering my name. I sat up, "Huh?"
Out of nowhere she starts running her fingers through my hair, " We should die you hair this weekend." I rolled my eyes, " Alright but can it wait until after practice? johns coming over at four so we'll have all tonight to be bored. It'll give us something to do."
"Alright." She said simply while conitnuing to play with my hair.
"You are coming to practices this weekend right? Thers not gonna be any famiy bonding like last weekend?"
She giggled, "No I'll be there. Dont sweat it."
"Ms.Davis. Is there a problem I need to know about?" Shestopped mid stroke and looked up to Mrs. Wilkson. " Oh of course not. " she replied sarcastically, frustrating the teacher more.
"Well Ms.Davis, this seat up in front of me is calling your name so why dont you move on up."
It was a couple seats away. Every teacher has figured out by now to not put us anywhere near each other, but everyday we would just move back to our seat from before. She ran her hand over my head causing the teacher to glare at her even more, but god I wanted her then.

A/N
Comment and tell me wether to keep going or not.