Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Going back to the way it was

*June 4th 1987

Well school was officially out. And it was a million degrees in my God damn room, but can I open a window? No. Cause Reiley is having her party today, and I cant take knowing I should be over there. Mike offered to not go but I said I needed him to, to keep an eye on Reiley. With Veronica's friends, and Chase being there...I might vomit. Anna walked by my room and stopped by the door.

"Hey Billie why dont you open a window?" She laughed.
"Hahaha why dont you shut the hell up."
"Seriously Bill come outside and sit with me a bit. You can smoke, whatever it is that you do."
"Fine. Two minutes."
As soon as I got outside I spotted her standing by the edge of the pool, with some guy.
She looked at him and pushed him in, when he got out he grabbed her ass and pulled her in with him.
"Sam!" she screeched before hitting the water. Then pulled herself out laughing.
"Your an ass you know that."
"Yeah well you wouldnt get in so I figured-"
"You figured you would pull my bottoms off...I see your great reasoning." She smiled and he walked over next to Veronica.
"Why are you talking to my sister. She has her own friends." He shrugged.
"Its not like I havent talked to her before, plus she seems cool." She came up behind him smashing nacho cheese in his hair.
"Thats it, your done now." He laid on top of her while she giggled.
"Gah, off your heavy!" When he leaned into to kiss her I tripped off the stoop, with a soft, 'sonofabitch.' Anna started laughing her ass off.
"Jeez Bill, dont be to obvious." Then she noticed how upset I was at what I just saw.
"Dont worry Billie, she'll come around."
"Fuck it. Im going back to my room." And I stormed into the house, slamming the door. I dont want her to come around, I wish she wouldnt have left in the first place...but it was my fault. For being a jealous and cheating asshole.

Reileys POV:

It was kinda weird to kiss Sam. He was this Seventeen year old I hardly knew, who had a motorcycle, and to top it all off he was Veronica's friend. Ive only talked to Mike since me and Billie had that fight.

"Reiley, Mikes at the door." What took him so long. Oh well at least he came.
"Hey Mikey, whats up?" He scuffed his shoe off the ground.
"Can you maybe come over really quick?"
"Uh, sure." I said slipping on my converse and fastening my towel around my still wet body.
When we walked into the living room I saw Billie sitting at the piano in the corner of the room and spun on my heels to face Mike.
"Look you need this. You need to just listen." Then he darted out of the room.
"Promise you wont laugh.Cause its kinda...cheesey.But Im willing to do anything to make it up to you."
"You know I wouldnt laugh at any form of music." As soon as he started I felt a tug at my heart. The song choice was perfect...Jealous Guy by John Lennon.

Billies POV:

I played the best I could...come to think of it, maybe piano lessons werent such a bad thing after all. When I got to the lyric, 'Im sorry that I made you cry', I saw a tear slide down her cheek. When I was done she had no expression on her face. I couldnt even read her eyes. So I just waited until she decided to talk.

"Ya know, Dana and Chase think you are the biggest asshole. And they keep telling me I could do so much better, that there are so many guys that would treat me better."
I dropped my eyes to the floor and mumbled, "You could."
She sighed, I could tell she was frustrated. "The thing is I dont want anyone else. We have so much fun, but no one sees this Billie. Its like you put up a front when we hang out at Gilman or in front of my guy friends... but you dont have to. That Billie makes me laugh but its also the one that hurt me." She scratched her head.
"And until your comfortable showing this side, I dont think I can be more than a friend to you." I saw Anna in the stairway, watching intently.
"Bye Bill." Reiley walked out and I heard Anna ask, 'you okay?' but I just shrugged and walked to my room.

I tried my hardest to keep it under control, but I just needed one minute. One minute to break down and see how much she really ment to me.And how much she was the only one I wanted. To realize I would have to go back to like it was... watching her date assholes, as barely a friend.

comments<3