Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Telephones work in both ways

When Reiley went home the next day is when I emerged from my room. My mom was sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee
"Hey how was prom?"
I smirked,"Better than I thought it would be."
"How are you and Reiley?"
"Good mom. Good." Its like twenty questions over here.
"You going to school today?"
I laughed a little to myself, "Uh no.None of us are."
She nodded and put her cup in the sink,"Well dont bother me, I need sleep." Then left me by myself.

The rest of the year flew by right into summer, which didnt show any sign of slowing up.
One show, Lookout records approached us, and asked us to do a record...of course we said yes. And lets just say there was alot of celebrating with Reiley.

Senior year was wasting my time, and now that the band was signed I had to write a lot more if we wanted another record, ya know. The more the year went on though Reiley spent more time at the theater...I guess that Alex guy was setting her up with some small stuff, and an indie manager soon.

*February 16th 1990

I hadnt seen Reiley on the way to school, I guess Veronica dropped her off or something. So when I saw her in the hall I couldnt resist. I walked behind her and pulled her back onto me.
"Hey." She grinned when she realized it was me.
"Hey whats up?"
"Well, you'll never guess what I get to do tomorrow." Her mouth dropped open. She knew.
"Your mom is seriously letting you drop out!" I nodded, still a little shocked myself.
"Yep, but ya know, she doesnt really have a choice. I'll be 18."
She squinted at me and pushed me into a locker ,"Asshole, leaving me to be a failure by myself."
"Sorry babe."She rolled her eyes.
"Mkay I forgive you."

When morning came I decided to go in late. I finally went to school though, and signed myself out. That was it. My high school career was over!

*

I went back to the school to watch Mike and Reiley graduate. Once they were done we went back to Gilman, we were going on tour...tomorrow. Reiley had to leave early for some meeting at the theater. The perfect opportunity to talk to Mike about whats on my mind.
"Mike?"
"Hmm?" He asked while tuning his bass.
"I think I want to propose to Reiley." I heard one loud note being played.
"Bill, you both still live at home, you just got back together, and have you actually thought this through!?" I shrugged.
"Yeah. We've known each other longer than most couples though. We have a lot of history together.Plus when we come back from tour we're getting an apartment anyway so...she can just move in too." He rolled his eyes shaking his head.
"Do you even have money for a ring?"
"Uh, probly, I mean I have alot saved."
"Listen why dont we go on tour. When we come back she can move in, and see how it goes from there. Just dont jump into anything to soon." I sighed.
"Fine Mike."

*

When I woke up the next morning Reiley was still asleep. I dont know what Im gonna do for the summer without her next to me. After a good hour of me just watching her sleep I wanted to make sure we had enough time together before we left.
"MMmmmmm. Morning." I kissed her cheek.
"Morning."
"What time is it? And what time are you leaving?"
"Its 9 and we leave in two hours."
She whispered into her pillow, "Fuck."

When we all piled into the van, John spoke up.
"Dont worry Bill, we'll be back by fall...we have to be."
"Why?"
"Cause thats when...nevermind, we just have to be." Right and thats not long at all. I rolled my eyes at myself.

*

There is still a month and a half left in the tour. We're playing a show in Minnesota tonight at some college thing. Reiley says shes going crazy by herself and when we get back, once shes done having much needed sex...shes gonna kill me. Well at least I get one more time.

After the show I was still in shock.
"Mike, her number. She was...amazing."
He rolled his eyes at me, "Yeah but you lied to get it. We have records in the fuckin van."
"Yeah but did you see her. She was -"
"See this is exactly why Im glad you didnt propose to Reiley before we left. She would be heartbroken and this would be the last straw and she would stop talking to the both of us."
"Why its just a number, its not like Im gonna use it except to get her the record."
He rolled his eyes and walked back to the van ahead of me.
Hmmm...Adrienne.

comments <3
A/N:
sorry this chapter kind of went fast but...I didnt know how else to do it.