Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Id rather die than have to see you smile

*
April 5th 1993

"...okay. Yeah I'll talk to you later. Alright. Bye Adie." Thank god. That was the phone call Id been waiting for, for two years. Finally Adrienne broke up with her boyfriend. No one was home. Tre was out...probably torturing children. And Mike and Reiley went to get food. This isnt fair to Reiley anymore. Im gonna end it as soon as I can.

Dont get me wrong, I love Reiley...just not like I did before I met Adrienne. I regretted it once I thought about it, but when we got back from tour I ended up proposing to her anyway. I can only hope that she forgives me. As if on cue Reiley walked in.
"Hey."
"Hey, wheres Mike?" She rolled her eyes.
"Went to meet Stacey. Why arent they the ones getting married?" She smiled.
I just laughed nervously. Shit, she noticed.
"Whats wrong?"
"Uhm, nothing just thinking. Maybe-" Then the phone rang. She held up her index finger, saying ' hold on.'

The look on her face told me before she had to say anything.
"Who is this again? Uh huh. Who is the message for again? Your sure you have the right number cause...yeah. Right. I'll tell him." Her eyes dropped to the floor and she swallowed hard.
"Ry, who was it?"
Without another word she walked over to the kitchen counter where I was leaning. Slowly she twisted the small diamond ring off of her finger and placed it down perfectly. Then she walked into our room. So I followed her.

"Reiley say something."
She whipped around to face me holding a box of pictures and things from when we were younger, and dumped them on the floor.
"Use words Reiley. Please talk." She glared at me coldly.
"Why do I have to be the one who talks first? Answer me something, how long exactly were you married through the phone to this woman?"
"Since the first tour, but-"
"Oh. Perfect." She continued packing, throwing any of my things on the floor or over her shoulder.
"Why did I think you would stay with me this time? Jesus Christ, im so fucking naive. You claim you love me and when you get what you want...WHEN YOU GET ME TO FALL FOR YOU..." she yelled, "You treat me like shit. You use me. You play my feelings against me."
"No Ry thats not-"
"Just shut the fuck up, Billie. You cant talk your way outta this one. And you know what, I bet most of the conversations you werent high or drunk or anything... so that tells me that you really dont want to be with me. You just think you do."

I tried to grab her hand when she walked passed me in the doorway of our bedroom, but she yanked it away.
"Well Billie now you get what you really want...Im out of the picture. I hope its worth it." And with that she slammed the door.

I slid down the wall after picking up the tiny ring on the counter. I twirled it in my fingers for a while until Mike came home and saw me on the floor.
"You stupid son of a bitch. What the hell is wrong with you Bill, seriously."
"Me and Adrienne fit togeth-"
"And you and Reiley dont! You go from not being able to live without her to pushing her away! Man, I'll be lucky if she talks to me anymore!" He shook his head and went into his own room, leaving me alone in the hallway. With a ring.

Reileys POV:

I drove to Dana's with tears clouding my vision. Im lucky I wasnt killed...it wouldnt have mattered anyway though. When she opened the door her mouth dropped open.
"Ry, what happened!?"
"Can I, uhm, stay her...a while?" I said, tears still dripping down my face.
"Of course. Now what happened?"
"He cheated. He fucking cheated AGAIN Dana! Only this time with a girl he met o tour. They have been talking for two years behind my back!"
She shook her head, "What in the hell is wrong with him."
I sighed shrugging, then digging into the pint of chocolate ice cream placed in front of me.

"Well maybe now you can try out for that television movie, uhm I think Uncle Alex said it was called, 'Cool and Crazy'. You might get your mind off Billie."
"I guess. When are casting calls?"
"Two weeks. They said they have a guy already...some new kid...uhm. Oh, Jared something. But they are still looking for a girl."
"I'll give it a shot I guess."

I didnt really feel up to it yet, but I was willing to do anything to get Billie of my mind.

A/N: Jared Leto really was in that TV movie just so you know its realistic.
Comments <3