Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

The sight of you leaves me weak

*
So its been two weeks since I was at the apartment. I cant even go see Mike, because Im afraid Billie will be there, and if he is I might kill him. So Ive just been calling Mike every day. I went to the casting call, got a call back and it was today.

I ran into Dana's house smiling, "Dana!"
"In here." she called from the living room.
I turned around and slipped with a silent, ' shit'. slipping out.
"I got it!!" I yelled. "I got the part!"
She clapped happily and came over to me."Call Mike."
I picked up the phone only to have her slap my hand, "I better, in case that, Adrienne is there."
My smile faded,"Yeah. Your right." I handed it to her and she dialed.

"Yeah, hi asshole. Can you put Mike on?...cause she doesn't want to!...You've hurt her enough. Now put him on." She sighed and handed it back. I instantly heard his voice...the one that hurt me.
"Reiley can you just let me explain please?"
"Billie, no just put Mike on please."
"Two seconds."
"If you dont put him on I'll just hang up." He sighed and I heard the transferring of phones.

"Hey Mikey! Guess what?"
"My girls gonna be on tv isnt she!?" I laughed.
"Yep I got the part. I fly to L.A. in three days and start filming."
"Awe thats so great Ry."
"Yeah I just wanted to let you know, so, bye."
He laughed, "Alright. Bye."

Billies POV:

"So?" He glared at me.
"She got the part." Knew she could do it.
I guess Adrienne is coming for two weeks. I just hope Mike wont try and kill me, or get rid of her. He has to know it wasnt easy for me to do what I did, if I think about it I regret it. But its too late now.

*June 20th 1993

"God damn it!" Dana came bolting into the kitchen where I was.
"Whats wrong? What happened?" I sighed.
"They cut filming for 5 months for funding, instead of just cutting production all together."
"Did they tell Jared yet?" Gah, Jared. The sound of his name put a smile on my face. He was my co star and he was amazing. Really funny, cute, sweet, smart, and even though he was the same age as Billie, he was mature.

"Reiley?" She snapped me out of my daydream.
"Huh?" She giggled," You like him dont you?"
"Pfft , no. Well, maybe. Kind of. Yes can you tell?"
"So call him tell him about the situation and ask him out! Put yourself out there."
I bit my bottom lip.
"Hun, not all guys are pigs. I know you've had some bad relationships before....were not even gonna mention that certain asshole who called himself a friend. Go for it."
"He just....seems to good to go out with me." Just then we heard the front door close and Pat, Dana's husband walk in.
"Ry, no one is good enough for you." I laughed and Dana kissed him. Why cant all men be like Pat.

I picked up the phone to call Jared with Dana right next to me she rolled her eyes.
"Ry, we arent calling Mike stop dialing his number."
"Damn it how could you tell."
"I know his number just like you hun." Then she heard Jessica, her daughter, cry.
"Shit, the baby. Can you handle it?" I nodded and she ran out of the room. Oh my god, its ringing...how did I get that far. Shit. A voice.

Billies POV:

I sat on the couch with my arm wrapped around Adrienne.
"Do you want to go out tonight? I mean to eat." She smiled.
"Yeah where?" I shrugged.
"We'll walk around and find somewhere."
"Okay." Then Mike walked in.
"Anyone call?"
"Yeah, but they didnt leave a message....mustn't have been to-" the phone cut me off.

"Hello?...Hey Ry..." My ears perked up
"Aw thats terrible, sorry to hear it...but at least you got a date out of it." He laughed. A date? With who? Mike hung up.
"Whats going on with Reiley?" He sighed heavily.
"She got pushed back in filming and has a date with her co star...you broke up with her, let her go."
Adrienne scrunched her face, "Yeah Billie, its your ex...just forget it."
"I love you, but she was my best friend...its hard to just let it go." Its true. There are times in the day that I wish I had Reiley. Or something will happen or someone will say something and it'll remind me of her.

Later that night

"What do you want?" Adrienne shrugged.
"Whatever your getting is fine."
"Alright Ill have two regulars." I put in the coffee order and then froze in my spot at the sound of the laugh behind me. Her laugh.
Adrienne looked worried, "Whats wrong do you want to sit down?"
"No!" I yelled. And we walked out but not before Reiley walked out in front of us...holding someones hand. A dark haired guy, that looked about my age. This must be her co star. Maybe just a friend date...or not. I over heard them as we kept walking.
"...well call me tomorrow. We can do it again." Reiley nodded.
"Goodnight." Then he kissed her at her car. Fuck. I didnt think it would hurt like this. Shit he has nice teeth too. I realized I was staring when Adrienne nudged me to get in the car. Snap out of it Armstrong, your not with her anymore.

*

January 12th 1994
Reileys POV:

I was curled up next to Jared half asleep on his couch. We had been seeing each other since they cut filming for a little while. We finally finished though. I really liked him.
"Ry." He whispered.
"Hmm?"
I could tell he was smiling."Move in with me."
"Alright. But after the movie is completely wrapped." He nodded and kissed the back of my head.

The next morning I woke up to the annoying sound of the telephone.
I mumbled some profanities into my pillow before standing up and answering the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hello sleepy ms. sleepy pants!" Too early for Tre.
"What in Gods name do you want at..." shit its noon."Just, what?"
He laughed, "Come to a party here, tonight. Its the prerelease party of Dookie."
"Can I bring someone?"
"Yep. Just come."
"Sure. I'll be there at nine. Bye."
"By-" and I hung up.
"Who was it?"Jared asked.
"Tre, we are going to a party tonight. Now sleepy time."

At the party.

I walked in holding a death grip on Jared's hand. This was way overpopulated. 60 people in an apartment that holds 30. I jumped when Tre came over and picked me up in a hug.
"And who is this?" He asked.
"My...boyfriend, Jared." Tre's eyebrows rose.
"Hmm I see. Well hello. Now come with me. Mike wants to talk to you."
We got into the living room and I talked to some people I hadnt seen in a while. That was one problem with breaking up with a boyfriend if you had the same friends. Only one side would get to see them. Then he walked in. I dont know why I didnt think he would be here. It is after all his album too. He sat down on the same couch as me, without realizing it.
Mike nodded his head, I mouthed and 'I know' back. Right then I just wanted to turn into Jared's chest and stay away from Billie.
"Lets go get more drinks." He said after noticing I had tensed up. I stood up and got more drinks. Shit. He saw me.

"Hi, Ry." I stared at my cup for a while.
"H- hi Billie." Adrienne seemed to have shot me a glare...I didnt much care.
We talked for what felt like forever. Then it hit me. Well actually Jared nudged me.

"What time is it?"
Billie furred his eyebrows, "Like eleven thirty, why?"
"We have to go. Jared has a plane to catch tomorrow." He nodded and looked down.
"It was nice to talk to you again." When he hugged me goodbye, he whispered ' I miss you.'
I put my head down and shook it. Then turned to Mike for a hug.
"Bye guys." I said as we left.

That was probably the hardest thing Ive ever done. Facing him with Jared. He doesnt realize how badly hes really hurt me...if I could help it, we would still be together.

comments<3