Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

I'm taking down these pictures of you on my wall

Reileys POV:
November 21st 2002

The sun came beaming happily through my window. I nuzzled my face into my pillow, when I felt him kiss my cheek and neck laughing lightly to himself as he escaped the confines of the bed.
"Noooo." I groaned not wanting to face the week starting today. I would rather have died than get out of bed and jump into disaster.
He knelt down to my level,"You have a plane to catch and I have some business to take care of." I sighed.
"Are you sure your not sending me back there as some drastic way of ending the engagement, because if thats the case just tell me. Dont torture me." I said softly.
He simply picked up my hand and kissed the 5 karate diamond ring cautiously placed on my left ring finger.
"Anyone who leaves you, is disturbed. Truly." He grinned and got up. I listened to him hum as he got dressed. And my heart heavies a little as the car pulled out of the driveway. I cant believe he was making me endure the first couple days on my own. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes enough to see a note taped to the dresser, I quickly got up and scurried over to read it:

Good morning love,
Your probably stressing about going back to California for Thanksgiving. But dont worry I will meet you at your parents before you can miss me. Dont forget I love you.
See you in California.
Dont Kill your friends.

I thought back to the first time I met him, making me smile goofily at myself in the mirror. My hair was now a butterscotch golden brown. My skin was tanner than it had been in California. Surprisingly I had become content in modeling and got many a jobs...despite the tattoos. My life was going great. All because of a birthday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flashback:
May 16th 1996

I left Billies in a rush. He was in the studio and I had to get to L.A. to Alex's party for me. He said it was important. I cant imagine what is such a big deal I have to drive three hours at 7 at night. He is just lucky Billie wasnt home...he'd make me stay.

I got out of the car in the busy club parking lot. Finally, after scanning the club, I spotted Alex with another man in the corner. Once I reached them he grinned evilly obviously plotting.
"Reiley, this is my friend, Dominic." We shook hands.
"I'll be back, you two talk." Then he strode off into the club. I smiled sheepishly at the man that stood in front of me, pressed slightly into me because of the crowded room. He was olive complected, popping white straight teeth with gorgeous dark brown hair, but what got me weak in the knees was the crystal blue eyes. So inviting and warm. Instantly I felt safe.
"So, where are you from?" I asked.
"Im from Italy. I actually live there, Im here to visit Alex. We used to be friends. My dad built houses for families, including his, in this area but we moved back to Italy when I was six. Its where my heart lies." He smirked, "You?"
Speechless. He was an amazingly interesting guy. Something about him made me intrigued.
"I lived here all my life...California that is. I started out as an actress but ended up a model. Im not very fond of the switch, but theres not much I can do about it."
"Well your a very pretty woman, it would be sinful to not do what your doing." I felt my cheeks blush, suddenly thankful for the high temperature and humidity in the club to cover it up.

We talked for the rest of the night. It was almost to easy to talk to Dominic. We exchanged numbers. I had to call this glorious man the next day. No doubt about it.

End of Flashback.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shivered pulling myself out of the memory. After that night there were many a fights between Billie and I. Him saying I shouldnt trust him so quickly. I never permitted him to meet Dominic, even though he persisted any time I said I was going out with him. I remembered when Dom finally convinced me to move in with him in L.A. Little did I know I would soon be transported to Italy.

Hailey the maid came rushing in on my thoughts.
"Mrs. Canatori?"
I rolled my eyes,"Hayls we arent married yet, he can still make a get away. And Ive told you that you can call me Ry."
She blushed a bit. "Yes Reiley. But I might suggest that you get your things together and go freshen up. Your flight is leaving in three hours." I nodded and walked into the conjoined bathroom to shower, as I stood with the steam surrounding me I remembered the last time I was home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flashback
November 22nd 2000

I stepped into the living room of Mikes house along with the rest of the group. Things hadnt gone as well as I had hoped. Dominic was in Italy on business runs and I had to break the news to everyone by myself. My mother was reveling in glory as I, the outcast and freak, was getting married. Veronica and Morgan to her dismay turned out to be the failures. Both not graduating, and still living at home single and broke. Morgan had gotten a scholarship for dance, but when she got pregnant they refused her.

I searched for the face I needed to talk to the most. My best friend. My rock. Billie Joe. Finally my eyes set on his clearly heavier figure and fading blond hair. I walked over to him and he grimaced.
"Can we talk?" He nodded and followed me upstairs for some private talk.
"What brought you back here this year?" I had avoided the place, I had called home all my life, for four years in fear of being sucked back into Billies intoxicating personality...but I couldnt tell him that. Let alone anyone else.
"Uhm actually I have some pretty big news."
Just as I went to open my mouth the door flew open revealing Mike.
"Mike. Good now I wont have to say it twice." Billies eyebrows twitched downward.
"Say what twice?" He sounded annoyed already, which wasnt comforting.
"Well, guys, Ive been with Dom a good while now and well he..." I stuck out the glistening ring. Both of their mouths gaping in awe.
Mike seemed pleased."Reiley this is wonderful. Im so happy for you." After that being said he peeked over at his best friend with shock still spread on his face. Soon transforming into hurt.
"Your marrying him?!" He yelled throwing his arms into the air in dissatisfaction.
"Yeah Billie ya know marriage. Being bound and committed to someone you love forever. Who you want to spend your life with." Now I was agitated.
"Why are you doing this to me?" He sneered barely above a whisper now. If you didnt know any better, looking at his face you'd know what the phrase means, 'if looks could kill'. But in his eyes,showed a deep cut of pain. And it killed me to look into them. But I was still pissed.

"ME! DO THIS TO YOU!? Oh of course what was I thinking...its ALWAYS about you! Poor you Billie. If your forgetting already, you have a new girlfriend downstairs named Jennifer waiting for you. You have apparently moved on as well. We both deserve to move on."
"She means absolutely nothing to me! Do you realize that...NOTHING! She might be the one next to me at night but your the one that pesters my mind all day long." Mike moved his hand to my shoulder to ease the tension but I just flicked it off as I stood up.
"Too damn bad Billie. Now its done. You should have thought of that before you tore my heart to shreds!" I stomped off to my car and drove to my parents house where I was staying. I flung myself on the bed and felt a sense of Deja Vu come over me. Laying on my bed, crying over Billie...and his use of words.

End of Flashback

A/n: I am so sorry for the poor updates lately. (at least I wasnt exactly happy with them)
Hope this makes up for it.
Comments<3