Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

The one I can't deny

Billies POV:
Three days later.

I was fuming when I pulled into Mikes driveway. I cant believe she has the audacity to ignore me.Slamming the door behind me, I stalked into the living room, where Mike and Tre sat mindlessly.

"No luck?" Mike asked.
"No. I even went to the fucking house and she refused to answer...I could see the damn kitchen light on. I don't understand why she wont just let me be there for her!"
Mike stood up to face me. "Maybe she just wants to be alone, to mourn her own way."
I shrugged and dropped onto the love seat.
After moments of silence Tre looked at the two of us with a pondering look on his face.
"I could go over and try to talk to her." I didn't mean to but I raised my eyebrows.
"I don't think your what she needs right now."
"What do you mean by that? I'm her friend too aren't I? Its worth a shot since she is apparently pissed off at you!" I narrowed my eyes.
"Fine Tre, whatever. Good luck...you'll need it."
He left the room insulted. If she wouldn't talk to me, why would she talk to Tre.

Tres POV:

"Stupid son of a bitch...I have a serious side too. Jackass." I mumbled once I reached my car. It was worth a shot.
Once I found her house I knocked on the door. When she opened I was taken back a little. She was a mess...but not in the way I thought she would. A scowl covered her face and there was irritation in her eyes and voice when she finally spoke.

"What do you want Tre?"
"I wanted to see if..." should I dare use comedy, or be serious," maybe I could talk to you. I mean, Billie has had a bug up his ass since you have been avoiding him. And I'm worried about you Ry. We all are." Her face softened. Maybe I said something right?
She sighed. "Come on in."
We spent hours talking, and I felt awful for her. She seemed weak, and unwilling to fight. Helpless in a sense. Pity soon turned into an emotion I hadn't felt...not in a while anyway. The night went by quickly.

"Thanks for being a distraction Tre."She smiled half hearted, a tear slipping out the corner of her eye.
"No problem, babe. Just call me if you need anything at all. And I'm not just saying that cause its what is usually said...I really mean it. I know your strong, but sometimes people need a little help."
"I will."
"Can I ask you a favor though?" She looked at me questioningly, and nodded.
"Please, for every ones sake, call Billie. Even if you don't want to talk to him...just let him talk." She rolled her eyes.
"Alright, but only because I feel bad for you and Mike. Oh tell him I'll call him too."
"Alright. Goodnight Ry." I pulled her into a hug, which she accepted graciously.
"Night Tre." She mumbled into my shirt. I left to go back to Mikes, where I knew Billie still was.

I entered the room and Billie jumped up immediately...I could feel the somewhat smug grin on my face.
"Okay, either I was wrong or you failed miserably and went to a bar for five hours."
"I'm, apparently a good distraction, because after a bit of crying she was actually smiling and giggling." Billies mouth opened wide in shock.
"I cant believe it..." He muttered. Then opened his mouth to say something,with a stern look on his face, but his phone rang.
"We'll talk more in a minute." He sighed angrily and answered his phone.
"Hello?" In seconds his face loosened and a small smile played on his lips.
"Thank you for finally calling, I'm sorry...for, uh...whatever I did." Reileys faint laugh was heard on the other line, causing Billies grin to grow a mile wide.
"Alright Im on my way now. No I'll drive don't worry."
I knew my interrogation was over, but that didn't mean my part in Reileys recovery was over too. I wanted to help her all that I could, now.

cmnts <3

A/N: Yes, Tre is going to stir things up a bit, but only on Billies end of the story. I just thought I would warn you, before everyone bit my head off for Reiley breaking Billies heart again. Trust me, Tre is essential to this step in their relationship. Plus I think your going to see both Tre's and Mike's point of view along with the normal ones from now on.