Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

In a second, it all comes right back to me

No ones POV:
The mourning period is essential. If you have a shitty one, its harder to move on...however that goes both ways. If your successful and have help through it., you can go back to normal things quicker. The saying, I get by with a little help from my friends, comes to mind.

Billies POV:
February 14th 2003

My birthday was coming soon. I knew what I was getting already, because it had been going on for a couple weeks now...my Reiley back. Not back as in, couple, but back as in her laugh. Her smile. Interaction, and she wasn't pained by life anymore. I guess she had accepted it once she joined a help group...Mike, Tre, and I.

In the months time, she had finally bought another house...to get away from her mother. When I pulled into her driveway I was kind of shocked to see Tre's car in the driveway first. I got the card and flowers from the back of my car and went to the door. It only took one knock for someone to answer.
"Oh, hey, Billie." That's all hes saying! Is he serious?
"Uh, hi Tre. What, uhm, what are you doing here?" He squinted his eyes at me.
"Wishing my friend a happy and unlonely valentines day. But do I really need a reason to be at Reileys house?" I sighed and shrugged. Okay, Armstrong, stop jumping to conclusions. Innocent. It was an innocent gesture. I followed him into her kitchen.

"Hey Billie." She smiled. I turned to mush and I almost forgot why I'd come.
"Hey Ry. Oh, these are for you." I handed her her flowers and her smile reached her eyes.
"Awe thank you. There so pretty. I better put em in something." I glanced at the table and there sat another set...from Tre.
Awkward silence filled the room. Leave it to him to break it.
"So, Ry, any hot dates for tonight?" He winked nudging her. She just rolled her eyes.
"If you consider Ben and Jerry's pint of ice cream 'hot' , then definitely."
"Come out to dinner with me then?" Beat me to the punch, why don't you.
Her face was skeptical and he noticed. "Just as friends of course...I don't want to, freak you out or anything."
"Believe me Tre, Ive seen you do more things to freak me out. Its just dinner on Valentines day seems so...reserved for couples." In my head I did a happy dance.
"Alright well, I'm gonna go anyway, so call me later?"
"After my movie I'll call." She said hugging him. Then he left.

"So what are you doing, Mr. Armstrong?"
"Oh you know how...completely empty my schedule is," She laughed a little, "Well what about you... a date with ice cream?"
"Hey, Ben and Jerry are good men! Besides I am watching a couple "love" movies." I made a gagging sound and she giggled.
"When I say love movies I mean the real story about St. Valentine." I nodded.
"Sounds good then."
"You wanna stay and watch em with me?"
"Pfft, no that's the last thing I want to do." She looked shocked then hit me in the arm.
"Well to damn bad Armstrong, your staying If I have to tie you to the couch." I smirked and wriggled my eyebrows.
"In that case...I absolutely will not stay, and if you want to keep me here you must take drastic measures." She rolled her eyes.I licked my top lip and she laughed.
"Oh please." Dramatically I dropped my jaw, then tackled her onto the couch behind her.

For the rest of the night, we rarely even looked up to watch the movie...we were to busy beaning each other in the head with pillows, or having an intense popcorn war. At a point neither of us were in the room...I was chasing her around the house after she took a cheap shot during the pillow fight. And I don't think she ever did call Tre.

Billies Birthday

I'm about to uninstall my doorbell myself. People haven't just left me alone at all today...I really didn't want anything for my birthday. Well actually there was this one thing, but I knew she wasn't at all ready yet.
I moped to the door, soon glad I had even answered it. There she was.
"Birthday boy." She grinned and shoved a box in my hands.
"Reiley!" I groaned, "I told you the other night, I don't want anything!"
"Yeah, alright cause that always works for me when I tell you that. Just open it, say you love it, and give me a hug." I sighed and laughed softly while we sat down at my kitchen table. What could she have gotten me...
"HOLY SHIT!!" I pulled out The Rolling Stones 'Beggars Banquet' record.
"Ry...I don't think I told you I didn't have this one...and -" My mouth dropped unbelievably more. Underneath the record was a leather jacket. A really nice, non tacky, leather jacket. She grinned.
"Billie what did you expect? You were the one who was there for me through the whole Dom thing. Not to mention all the other million times you've helped me out or been there." I shook my head.
"I wanted to be there though,Ry, I don't want a reward for being there....I just want to be with you, and make you happy." She bit her bottom lip and went to say something before the damn doorbell rang AGAIN.
"I better go anyway." She pulled me into a hug and kissed me on the cheek, "Happy Birthday BJ." She smirked. She hasn't called me that since the fourth grade. It made us both chuckle a little while I walked her back to the door.
"Back again?" It was the damn FedEx guy. Reiley laughed at his irritated face. He gave me the box and left.
"Call me later okay?" She called from her car. I nodded and waved.

Sure the jacket and record was amazing, but if she would have stayed, that would have really been the best present. We're not over yet. I wont let it.

cmnts<3