Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

All I really believe in is you

Its been two more weeks...yeah still at home. I'm starting to get the feeling I'm never going to get there. Maybe I should do something about that procrastination I have. Yeah I think I will. Ugh. My air condition is the only sound in my room...I snuggle farther under the covers. Its too damn cold in here.

At two a.m. my phone goes off, sending the sweet sound of, 'Return to Me' from Dean Martin, around my room.
I groan.
"Hello." Ugh my voice sounds awful and groggy.
"Heeey, Ry!" Tre. Obviously stole Billies phone.
"Tre. Why are you calling me at twenty til three!?" My voice droned off as I yawned.
"Oops." He sounded like a four year old who just dropped grape juice on his moms new white carpet.
"I forgot what time it was there. Sorry Ry - No Billie GO AWAY!" I heard Billie yelling to give his phone back,and some profanities. A sound that I knew too well followed...Billie's hand smacking against the side of Tre's head.
"Okay, Tre, call me when the sun is up."
"But its daylight...somewhere." Then I shut my phone and whipped it across the room.
Damn it, I lost my sweet spot.

I woke up a couple hours later...its hard to sleep when your alone and don't know where your boyfriend is. No I hate that word...erm...oh fuck it.
I stood up, almost tripping on one of Billies converse and kicked it onto the pile of his shirts and boxers, among swimming trunks. Feeling bad I walked over to it and picked up his misfits shirt. I smelled it...he wore this the night before he left, cause he came here after, it still smells like him...smoke and cologne. Ha. I think I will wear this today. A comfort thing.

"Chaaase!" I shrieked. He came over to help me clean the house...it was fall. Halloween/ Thanksgiving time.
"What?"
"If I wanted you to watch football on my couch I wouldn't have called you over! God, I need to go back to the basement...if anyone calls tell them I'm busy and will call them back."
"Uh huh." He nodded. Big, dumb, stupid boys. This is why I'm glad Billie doesn't get that into football or sports.

Reiley wasn't downstairs two minutes when her cell phone rang...Billie. Way to good of an opportunity to pass. Make him jealous.

Billies POV:

"I'm gonna call Reiley. Be right back."
"Hurry up we're gonna get something to eat in a minute." Mike said walking off the tour bus. I waved him away. He knows damn well if I can I will talk to her as long as I can.
The phone rang once, twice, then an answer.
"Hello?" My blood boiled at the sound of the voice on the other end.
"What are you doing there Chase, wheres Reiley?!" Smugness seeped through his tone. He was with her...and I wasn't.
"Oh just hanging out, she asked me to come over." He didn't answer the second part.
"Where is she?" He laughed condescendingly.
"She cant talk right now. Ill tell her you called...if I remember." Fucking prick. He better hope I never see him again, or his ass is as good as mine.
"Look, don't fuck with me Chase."
"Ooh. I'm sooo scared. Cause your a big bad punk right? Pfft. I don't need this shit." Then he hung up.

I could see his damn face, smiling. Then hers...What if she was upset because of me and he was there. Frustrated I threw my phone into my bunk and stormed towards the restaurant.
Mike saw me first.
"Billie whats wrong man?"
"That asshole. Hes with her. Torturing me." I was literally shaking from being so frustrated. I couldn't even try to get to her, either.
"Awe, sorry man." I sighed.
"I just wish she would come out already...ya know." He nodded and motioned for me to sit down.
"I hate being away from her." Mike swallowed and looked at his plate.
He mumbled out an 'I know.'

Mikes POV:

Brittany walked in the back room on the bus.
"I'm going to surprise Bill with Reiley." She jolted her head back a little.
"Uhm...care to explain?"
I sighed. "I'm going to send her a ticket in this coming week to come out. Don't tell anyone, its going to be a surprise."
"Ooh, good. Do it soon though because I'm getting sick of being the only girl on this damn bus." I smiled.
"Alright."
Later that night I called her.
"Hey Ry."
"Mikey boy, how are you?" I sighed.
"Please, I am begging you, accept a fucking plane ticket and come out...save us all from the wrath of a pissed off Billie."
There was question in her voice now. "Wait, hes mad at me? Cau-"
"No not you, Chase. He answered your cell when Billie called this afternoon." I heard a gasp escape her lips.
"Shit. What he say?"
"I don't know but it really put Billie in a funk. So I'll buy your ticket now and you can come out as soon as you can. Are you free two days from now to leave?"
"Sure, yeah no problem, just get me there. I'm motivated now." I smirked. Why the sudden burst of enthusiasm? Oh well, as long as she comes.
"So I'll talk to you later okay?"
"Wait, where are we gonna be, ya know so I can pack right clothes and stuff."
"Uhm, well you'll meet us in Arizona, then we go up to Denver then out to New York, its mid November, bring anything you got...this includes bathing suits and jackets." She laughed on the other end.
"Right-o chief mike! Thanks."
"No problem Ry,we all miss you."
"I know. I cant wait."
"Oh before you go, don't tell him before you come. Scare the shit out of him."
"I'll be sure not to. Bye Mikey." She laughed and we hung up.
I just hope Billie can go two more days without her, for all of our sakes.

Reileys POV:

The second I got off the phone with Mike I got a quick shower. When I was done doing...what needed to be done I turned on my computer. Ew, dusty.
It took its sweet old time to turn on...about ten minutes and my Internet finally decided to give me my emails.
"Junk, junk, mom...when did you get a computer? Hmm...Junk. Eureka!" I yelled in my empty nook. Why is this the only thing in here anyway...oh well. My email read:

'Ry, Hey doll!
Ha ha yeah so I ordered your ticket, all you gotta do is show up Monday at six a.m. I know its early for you but, deal with it. You'll only be on the plane for two hours so don't you fret. When you show up it will be about ten, ten thirty...knowing you you'll take forever to get your luggage. Come just in time for a nice little wake up call with everyone. Brittany knows so its no surprise to her.
Love ya lots. Mikey.'

Oi that's only a day after tomorrow. Guess I should start to pack...but where to begin.

Two days later. November 10th 2004

"Your ticket please." I groggily handed it over to the man dressed in all blue. Ass whip, who works so chipper this early?!
"Okay you want to go down this aisle second to last seat. Thanks. Next." I went where I was told. Finally I plopped into my bucket seat. Yes I requested that I not sit in first class...Mike pushed for it though.
"Hi." A little girl sat in the seat next to me.
"Hi." Whoa buddy my voice sounds demonic.
"Whats your name, I'm Amanda. Amanda Rose Ginnety."
I smirked. Oh wow. Shes done the impossible made mesmile so early. Without Billies help. Hmm.
"I'm Reiley."
"Cool name. Where you going?"
"Arizona."
"Why?"
"To see my boyfriend."
"Ooh. Whats he look like?" I turned on my phone and showed her my wallpaper. A drunk Billie and me on New Years Eve. Amanda grinned and scrunched her face.
"Hold on a sec, let me get my sister. Keep out your phone and show her too please." Uh oh.
Sister came. And she was a sixteen year old with platinum blond hair and an Aeropostale shirt on.
"Hi. I'm sorry for my sister, but she said she wanted me to see something." Where are these girls parents?! I almost say it, but I digress.
I flip my phone open again. Her face says it all. Shes a fan.
"Oh my gooood! Your her!?"
I nod. Toooo early. Sleepy time. Go.
"I totally love Billie Joe. Hes such a hottie!"
"Yeah."
"How did you meet him?"
Story time...should I be honest...nah. Lie will work.
"Ya see, I was walking down the street one day and tripped into the street. He dove in and saved me from a speeding unicycle. I mean this mime was insane, so I figured I owed him and went on a date. He told me he liked lasagna and so did I, we moved in two weeks later." The older girl was in utter shock...or confused...I thought I did okay for it being so damn early and such little time. If given the chance and appropriate time I could have done better.
"Wow. That's so cool, hes really cute." I nodded.
"Do you listen to the band?"
"You mean Green Day, I know a couple songs."
"Whats your favorite?" I knew the answer to this already.
"Oh my god, Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Its me and my boyfriends song. They played it at junior prom." I nodded, successfully guessing the song she liked.
"Will all passengers please sit down and fasten their seats, we will be deporting from the airport in ten minutes." The pilot said over the intercom. The girls huffed and waved goodbye. I slipped on my headphones and was out like a light.

"Ugh,erm. WHAT?!" I croaked, disoriented. Who woke me up?!
"Ma'am, its time to unboard the plane." My eyes scanned the empty seats. Oops.
"Oh, uh, right. What time is it?"
"Its ten till ten Ms."
I nodded and stood up. "Do you know what its supposed to be like for the next couple days here?"
Her mouth pulled to one side. "About seventy degrees. Nice this week then its supposed to drop to mid sixties after that."
"Thank you very much." I tugged my bag out and went to gather my other bags at baggage claim.
Twenty minutes later and I was pulling up to The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess hotel in Phoenix. It was absolutely amazing. The view and everything.
A 'wow' escaped my lips.
Mike was standing on the corner and flagged down my cap.
"Thanks man." He picked up my bags and tugged me out of the car.
"Stop looking at it. Come on you'll get used to it." I rolled my eyes and followed him to the front desk.
"Hi, can I have a room key for Suit fifteen thirty please." The lady behind the desk grinned.
"Of course."
I was still in shock. This place was so beautiful.
"Uh, Mike how long are we staying here?"
"Well about three days then were out to Denver. So we go from swimming here to you getting snowballed in the face up there." He laughed slightly to himself.
"Well we'll just see about all that." He took the extra key from the lady and handed it to me.
"Come wake Tre up with me then you can go see your man." I smirked and nodded.

This was going to be better than I imagined.

cmnts<3

A/N:
I am SO sorry for the lack of updates. I am trying so hard to keep everything balanced and good, but this is the hardest task. I love doing it. Please keep reading. Thank you for staying with me. I will update ASAP.
Thanks again. <<33