Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

This Faded Wish

I take in a deep breath and hear Brittany takes one as well from the other side of the door.
"Jesus Christ Ry, the guys will be back here in 20 minutes. Can we move this along?"
"Relax Brittany! My God, your acting like your the one taking the pregnancy test!" I know she bowed her head.
"I'm sorry, but we just want to be sure ya know? And if you are we are gonna have to take some time to cry happily...and if your not we are gonna need some time to just cry." I laugh a little like she wanted me too.

Stupid stick...who decided this is what a pregnancy test should look like? And why pee...you get it all over your god damn hand or you miss the fucking target. Ah, oh well...just do it Ry. Get it over with.

"Did you do it?" I sigh. Why is she the impatient one!?
"Yes, now how long do we wait?"
"Uhm...it says for best results let it dry for three minutes." Ugh. Begin longest three minutes of my life...NOW.
"Are you going to open the door now or just stay in there?"
"What time is the show scheduled to end, I cant remember."
"Mike said 9 but factor in the mini ride back here...it gives you about ten more minutes now."
I know what shes thinking, why are you trying to hide this, he already has the idea in his head. Well I know that if I am hes gonna do fucking cartwheels...but if I'm not, I don't know what to expect.
"One minute." Hmm went faster than expected.
"Now open the door...I wanna see!" Shes acting like shes a five year old picking out a puppy. I'm the pathetic lonely looking one who stays in the corner when the kid comes in to reek havoc.
"Aren't you excited?!" I shrug. I don't want to make her think this is all I want, but its something that's been on my mind since me and Billie turned 31. Times coming up soon if you know what I mean. In the background I hear a little buzz go off indicating three minutes were up. Deep breath in, deep breath out.
"You want me to look?" I hadn't even noticed her hand on my shoulder. Best friend...definitely.
I nod."But don't tell me okay, just...know first." She grins a mile wide and dashes to the counter to retrieve it. I see her peek, then she hands the test to me.

Negative.

If this wasn't that important to me, why does it feel like Ive just been kicked in the stomach by an Ultimate Fighter. Look on the bright side, I wont have a shotgun wedding now, and I will be able to fit in a dress...when the time is right of course.
"I'm sorry Ry." My eyes are still glued to the stick of doom, afraid of the consequences if I move them. Crying. I know it would happen. Vomit, is unlikely but still an option at this point.
She takes it from me leaving me to stare into space.
"Come on and we can watch a movie. The guys will be coming back here in a minute. Try to act..normal and you can tell Billie later in private." I walk numbly and sit beside her on the couch.
"What would I do without you Britt." She rubs my back with a gentle smile.
"Its okay."
"...no it isn't. I didn't even want a kid and now, I want one. Jesus Christ." I bury my face into my hands and concentrate on breathing. That is until I hear the bus doors open and compose myself for the time being.
"Heeyy!" Tre screams and jumps on Britt and me.
"Ugh, Tre...pregnant here!" He situates himself so all of his weight is on me.
"Great show tonight Ry. Rockin it! Should have been there." I grin and "politely" push him off of me.
"Hey Babeey." Billie says with a broad smirk and outstretched arms. Keep it in. Keep it in.
I bit my lip and fall into him happily. I feel him kiss my hair, and then let him go.
"Ew. Your all sweaty and gross. Boys!" I scream back to Brittany who instantly laughs.
"Oh I see, you don't like me sweating all over you?! Is that it?" He chuckles lightly being the perv he is.
"Your such a dumb ass you know that." He simply shrugs and kisses me on the lips, before walking back to the couch and collapsing.

After practically dragging all the sleeping boys to their beds, its just me and Billie. Family Guy season 4 is playing and hes completely zoned out with his arm around my neck.
"Billie, I have something to tell you." He cocks his head to the side and even in the dark I can see the curiosity in his eyes.
"Something wrong?"
"No, well, kinda. But generally...just kinda."
"Uh, Ry. Just tell me, you know you can say anything to me. Or at least you should be able to."
Exhale. "Brittany told me about the little talk you guys had yesterday when I was more to less unconscious."
"Ah."
"Yeah, so we bought a test and I took it while you guys were playing the gig and...uhm." I put my head down. Remember to keep breathing.
"Well, I'm not. Pregnant I mean. We aren't pregnant." His eyebrow twitches slightly. Other than that its the same face I was expecting. Solemn.
"Oh. Uhm, alright. How do-how do you feel about it?"
"I really don't know, I mean after I thought about it I guess I was kind of hoping I would be. In all aspects though we really aren't ready. The timing and...everything." Blink. Blink. Blink.
"What about you?" He sighs.
"I don't know I was actually hoping you would be. Is it you aren't ready, or do you just not want to...ever...with me?"
"Oh, no that's not it at all! Now to be honest its the only thing I want, Bill. And I wouldn't want it with anyone else. You know that." He nods once and scratches the back of his neck nervously.
"Then do you want to try?"
"Eventually. When the time is right and we have everything together."
"Alright but Ry, not to rush or anything but its about that age where we either gotta do it or forget it, ya know?"
"Yes Billie I understand. How bout we just see what happens and go from there." I stand up and go to our bed.

I'm not upset with him, but I would like to get at least engaged before having a kid. And that is something I do not want to rush. I want to make sure he is absolutely positively ready to get married. Ive seen what happens when he isn't, and don't want that to happen to us, or to a kid.

December 17th 2004

"Chase I did not call you over to sit on my bed and watch me paint!" He kicked the roller to the side and groaned.
"Fiine. When is old Billie boy coming over?"
"I don't know, whenever hes done shopping. Now come hold this paint for me." He did as I said and watched me while I took broad strokes of maroon on my walls.
"Why didn't he let you go with him again?"
"I don't know, you can ask him when he gets here. Make sure you don't get any of this on the carpet...maroon doesn't come out of forest green, it just doesn't." He sighed and shifted his weight.
"Can be done, now that you finished this wall?" I roll my neck and begin to cover my paint.
"I guess...even though you didn't do shit!"
"Can I ask another question?"
"You just did. Your done."
"Jesus your worse than my 6 year old niece! But...why hasn't Mister Armstrong moved in here or vice verse?" I sigh and put the paint in the storage closet in the hall.
" Well we haven't really talked about it yet. We just come and go as we please, ya know. Maybe after the holidays or something."
"Has he even purposed yet?"
"Chase!"
"What, I'm just curios."
"Well, no he hasn't. But if you think about it we have only been together for a couple months." He shook his head.
"It shouldn't matter," we both peel off our paint covered sweatshirts,"you've been in love with each other since you were what, 12, it shouldn't be taking this long."
"I don't want to fucking rush! Now...go watch tv. I need a shower." He nodded and we went to opposite ends of the house.

*Billies POV:

"This one?" I squint. Definitely not, that ones lame.
"Uhm. Not quite. How bout...this one." He opened the glass and pulled out the mannequin finger, handing it to me.
"Whats she like? Does she wear alot of jewelry and is she a showy girl?"
"Well, she wears more necklaces...definitely not a show off." He smirked.
"Christmas gift?" I nod.
"She'll like this one."
"I'm trusting you on this one." The man smirked and took it off the finger.
"I'll ring it up for you." I pull out my wallet and had the guy my card. This is the big gift. The gift.

"Come on man, hurry up!" Tre yells anxiously from outside the store.
"I'm coming. But you know this is kind of important."
He rolls his eyes. "Yeah but you aren't out here with a coffee deprived Mike Dirnt! Lets go get coffee, finish shopping, and get the hell out of here."
"Alright, Jesus." As soon as Mike sees the bag he smirks.
"Let me see it." Tre taps his foot and mumbles something about going into the toy store...even though hes done shopping for Little Frank and Ramona.
"Bill, she's gonna fuckin love it."
"I hope so Mikey." We pull Tre from a game of Sock Em Boppers with a 10 year old and continue through the mall.

cmnts<3
A/n: Yes I finally threw in Billies point of view. Sorry she isnt pregnant. I hope to update again soon.
Thanks.
:]