Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Take my hand and watch the world go by

Alot of people showed up at my house to hang out. I really didnt pay any attention because I was trying to cheer Reiley up. People filed out of my house as fast as they came, with the exception of a couple people. Tre from the Lookouts came. We didnt really know him that well but he was around when we stopped earlier so he came. And of course Stacey came to babysit Mike...now that Reiley was single she was ten times more paranoid than usual. It was pretty entertaining cause the whole night she would mess with Mike to piss her off.

It was left to the six of us to finish the beers...Reiley downed most of them. Once she did that she spotted Mike laying on the couch and fell onto his stomach.
"Youre...real skinny Mikkkkeeeeyyyy.All of your bones are poking at me."She said picking up his arm as an example.
"See now Billie boy on the other hand," she stood up and collapsed on me resting her chin on my chest, "Billie is perfect. A good mix of skinny but comfy. Come to think of it I guess I did steal your lunch alot through school." She giggled picked herself off of me and staggered to the door.
"Well before I fall asleep on poor Billie here Im gonna go." I tried to grab her hand.
"No its okay, you can just stay-"
"No.No.No.No. I can make it...uhm home." She smiled mumbling a 'night guys'. She wasnt two steps outside and Tre turned towards me and Mike.
"Dude shes really fucking hot." Nobody answered.

After everyone who was left had passed out in the living room I went upstairs to write. Laying my pencil down next to the freshly scribbled lyrics, I read them over.
"Whats up?" Jesus christ she nearly scared the shit out of me. Reiley was sitting on her window her eyes drooping shut.
I leaned over my bed, "Uh just ya know, writing." She nodded. It always kind of amazed me she never figured out the songs were about her...honestly who else would they be for?
"Well night Billie."
"Night Ry."

*

January 18th 1987

"Alright class label your journals and start writing.I will give you ten minutes."
Its been about a week since Reiley and Troy broke up and guys are already trying to hook up with her. I think even Mike wants to. But its not like she isnt flirting with them...Im probably the only guy she hasnt messed with.

"Hey Billie boy." she screeched running down the hall to me.
"Hey Ry."
We stood in the hall and talked for a while before everyone scattered to their next class. I swallowed any doubts I had and confronted her,"Reiley?"
"Hmm?" Okay no ones around, just...do it.
"Ya know the new song...Only of You?" She nodded.
"Well its about you. All of my songs...are about you." She looked confused.
"Can I ask why?" I scuffed my shoe off the ground, maybe this wasnt such a good idea.
"Well because I...I, love you.I kind of have for a long time now." I couldnt look at her directly, I was to damn nervous.
"To be honest I always kind of thought thats why things weren't going anywhere with Troy..because...Billie," she put her hand on my shoulder,"Billie.Billie."

God damn it. I opened my eyes to Reiley tapping my shoulder to get me up.
"Billie? Ew thats gross," she laughed,"Youre drooling all over your book." It was a dream. Of course it was.
After the bell rang she stayed back to talk to our teacher about some quiz . Mike looked at his shoes intently, " Uhm Bill what would happen if I maybe...kinda liked Reiley?
I assume I scowled or looked hurt because he just mumbled,"Never mind. I dont its stupid." Great now I feel like an asshole.
"Does she like you?" Wow my voice was real hoarse. He just shrugged.

The day went on like that. Me falling asleep, and Reiley waking me up to leave.
Finally it was over. Mike walked straight to work...maybe I should take my dream as a sign and go for it.
"Reiley?" She looked up. Here goes nothing. Deep breath.
"Your not told enough how beautiful you are. Everyday I see you thats the first thing that comes to my mind. You were the first girl I ever liked, all the songs for the band...are about you," Her jaw dropped and her blue eyes widened, "Reiley I really think that...your uhm...the first girl I...love." We stood outside her house for a minute in complete silence her face still showing shock. Well this isnt going as well as planned.
"I uhm, have to go." Thats it? You have to go? God damn it I knew I shouldnt have said anything.

*

She didnt come over last night. And on the walk to school she didnt show up. In class she did all she could to avoid me. Its Friday again, maybe I can get her to talk to me this weekend.

Mike walked in from work later that night.
"Is Reileys parents car in the driveway?" He looked confused.
"Uhm no. I think its Veronicas night out tonight...its only 7. They probably just left. Why?"
I didnt even answer his question just bolted out the door to Reileys. I knocked on the door a couple times before she appeared to answer.
"Billie what?"
"Why have you been avoiding me? At least have the fucking decency to not treat me like I have a disease!" I walked past her into the house. She rolled her eyes.
"Because." Oh for fucks sake are we five again.
"Because why Reiley?"
"I dont know how to handle what you told me yet. Or how to handle you for that matter."
"What are you talking about?"
"God damn it Billie your my best friend! How weird do you think it was for me to hear that you 'loved me'!"
"Rei-"
"Can you shut up for two seconds! I dont want to ruin this because then I would probably go crazy. Why didnt you just tell me earlier or better yet not at all. Damn it Billie I just dont want us to end up hating each other because we would break up or-"
I pushed my lips to hers without even realizing it and put my arms around her pulling her close. She put her hands on my chest and tried pulling away, but instead pushed me against the wall still in my arms. Her hands found my sides, and I turned so she was against it. Roughly I pressed my lips back on hers only this time she returned with the same amount of hunger. Arching her back on the wall she pulled her legs up around my waist and relocated her hands on the back of my neck. I rested my hands on her thighs and pulled her closer . I stumbled us backwards onto the couch. Rapidly we started pulling each others clothes off. I pulled her waist up into mine, while she dug into my back with her nails. She let a loud groan come out, panting out, "Billie. God....damn it." I figured out that kissing her neck was her soft spot because every time she would softly groan. We continued to kiss and she walked her fingers up and down my neck. I couldnt stop running my hands over her smooth skin.
"I cant stop looking at you, or touching you..or kissing you." I said after a while of laying there.
Out of nowhere car headlights came crashing through the living room window.
"Son of a bitch." she said panicking to pick up the clothes from all over the room. Hurriedly we sat down in front of the tv just in time for them to walk in.
"Billie? Oh hi dear." Her mom said kind of shocked I was there.
"Hi Billie." Morgan said plopping on the couch next to me.
Reiley looked at me,"Okay time for you to go." and dragged me to the door. At the door she whispered, " Come to my room in 5 minutes."
I ran across our yards and into the house.
"Hi, hun, hows Reiley do-"
"Finemomrealtiredlongdaywellgoodnight." I yelled running through the living room, more than likely earning a strange look. I dove onto my bed opening the window waiting for Reiley to appear.
"...so I think he was looking at me." I heard Morgan say.
"Oh get real, hes my best friend. I would know."
She rolled her eyes at her big sister, " Well we will see whos the one marrying him one day. And then I can rub it in your face that I was right." Reiley pushed her lightly onto her bed."Be quiet and sleep."
As soon as she saw her eyes slowly close she lent on her window and mouthed a 'hi' waving me over.
"So...hi." she said laying down.
"Hi." My hands found hers in the dark room and we fell asleep.

cmnts? <3