Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Right now it's a steel knife in my windpipe

I remember the proposal. The wedding was lovely and reflected us perfectly.
So how did I end up here, in the dark shaking and crying?
I sat curled at the end of the bed. I closed my eyes thinking back to that terrible night, with regret. Why hadn't I listened to him?

"Ry, please don't go out tonight baby...I just don't trust Chase. This party is a bad idea."

He begged through the phone. I could here the buses in the background. He would have to go soon, but I knew if I did end up going Id have half a dozen messages on my cellphone.

Of course I was stubborn, and because he was thousands of miles away on tour...he couldn't stop me.

"Billie, I promise, it'll be fine. Ill go see my friends and have a few drinks. Ill stay with Dana in a spare bedroom at Chases." I was sure that everything would be alright.

This was the man that I married and loved my entire life...the father of my children...so why is it so hard to admit to him what happened that night? How he was right. I feel ashamed and dirty for even being there. Though knowing him he wouldn't care, he'd want to be there for me, but how can I say those words out loud?

How did I even get here?
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah...I'm back ha. it took me long enough I know but I finally have a plot and base for a sequel.
I hope I don't disappoint all those old dedicated readers.
<3