Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Don't let it all come undone

Reileys POV:

I learned at a very young age..."Secrets Secrets are no fun, unless you share with everyone."
The secret is hard to share especially when you've been hiding it from your best friend. I felt terrible keeping things from Billie,I always have but I managed to keep part of me a secret from him...to be honest I dont know why.

Anytime I wasn't with him and Mike, I would tell him I had to spend time with my family, but normally they dropped me off at a small Theater down town. I was a small time actress. I had been since I was seven years old. I had separate friends there and I was actually pretty high up on the Casting Directors favorites list.

His name was Alex, a 40 year old guy who was by far the coolest adult I knew. His niece and two nephews were my closest friends. But they lived in Seattle and only came down during the summer for plays. So imagine my surprise when they show up right before February.

"Oh my god, Dana!" She was 17 and always looking out for me. I liked her alot more than my own sister, but hey...who could blame me.
"What in the hell are you doing here!?" She pulled me into a huge hug.
"Me and my brothers are moving down here with Uncle Alex. He said there isnt any point in us not being with him cause he wants to set us up with some stuff." Shit. Her brothers.
Ya see, I always had a little crush on her younger brother Chase, he was my age. Her other brother,Russ, was just a year older than us but not nearly as funny as Chase.
"Yeah and guess where we are going to school now?" Oh no.
"YOURS! Isnt it great?"
"Yeah thats awesome!" Shit Shit Shit. Just then Chase walked over and practically squashed me.
"Reiley, you've changed! You look really nice." Awe such a cutie.
"Hey Chase. When do you guys start school then?" Dana looked at her brother then at me.
"Tomorrow. Only one more day...Im soooo nervous."
"Well dont be." Just then Alex called them to leave so they could unpack.
"See ya soon Ry." Chase said with one more hug.
"Yeah, later." Not two minutes later Veronica came to pick me up. The ride was silent while I tortured myself figuring out a way to introduce Billie and Dana.

*

It didnt hit me until the next day. Chase Dyer...Dyer, Davis, he was going to be in my homeroom, and Billie is always in there with me...even though he should be in his own. Damn it. Now I dont even get the whole day to think about what Im going to say. Son of a bitch.

Billies POV:

On the walk to school Reiley was really quiet.
"Hey anything wrong?" She looked at me and then back at the ground.
"Uhm, yeah. Actually Billie there is something Ive been meaning to tell you." Fuck what could be wrong. So many things were racing through my head, so many possible problems.
"I act. Down at the Performing Arts Center in town. And I kind of have been for almost nine years. Im sorry I didnt tell you but-"
"Wait thats all thats wrong?" She nodded not looking at me.
"Hun, thats nothing to be upset over. You dont have to tell me everything."
"So your not mad?"
I shook my head, "Why would I be?" She just shrugged.
"I didnt know if youd be mad I kept it from you."
"Nah, no big deal." I said kissing her forehead.
"Well the reason I told you was my friends from there used to live in Seattle but moved here this week so I wanted to introduce you."
"Yeah sure, its okay." She sighed relieved.

When we got to school I followed her into homeroom.
"Hey cutie." This must be one of the friends. She didnt mention it was a guy, a kind of attractive guy.
She laughed. " Hi Chase," she gave him a hug,"This is Billie. Ive known him since I was four...I dont know why I stuck around." She said fake pondering. I nudged her.
"Oh you know you love me." She scrunched her nose smiling.
"Kay. You keep telling yourself that."
I gasped dramatically and got a kiss for it. Maybe I should act too. Ha ,nah I'll stick to music. Thanks.
"Let me see your schedule." She yanked it out of his hand and looked over it. I noticed that he has all the same classes we do. You have got to be shitin me.
"Come on lets go outside real quick." I said pulling Reiley up out of her seat. I assume she brought Chase behind her. When we got out there I lit up a needed cigarette, and Chase looked at me like I had three heads.
"Hey we got a gig playing a party tonight, so your coming to be a supportive girlfriend." She smiled.
"No problem. But Chase, do you want to come...maybe meet some people?" He shrugged.
"Sure I guess."
"Dont forget you'll be experiencing a kick ass band too." I laughed.
"Hmm so The Lookouts are playing after you?" Reiley smiled and kissed my cheek. She leaned towards my ear and whispered, "Im just kiddin. You know I love you and the guys."
Yeah right me...and the guys.

comments <3