Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

The one that I just cant live without

The next morning was rough. I could feel the hair sticking to my moist face and memories of the night before. I know Billie didnt mean anything by it. I know. But still, I cant just let it go and let ' I got baked' go as his excuse. I reluctantly got up and looked into the mirror.
"Ugh." My eyes were puffy, and my nose was the color of a firetruck. For God sake. I was pulling back my hair when I heard my mom downstairs.

"Reiley, Billie's here." Yeah right. What was I thinking, of course hes gonna come and try to talk to me.
"Tell him to go away. And that I hate him." I heard her laugh a little.
"Oh, you mean your best friend?"
"I dont have a friend named Billie, he died yesterday."
"Reiley Ann Davis, you stop it now and come down here!" Fine jeez, why does she care so much.

I unwillingly went downstairs and saw his stupid face. I cursed my feet the whole way for even taking me there.He waited until my mom left us alone to start the apologizing.So I beat him to it.
"What do you want now?" He sighed
"Will you just talk to me for two seconds!" Hah, thats funny, two seconds is all it took for him to ruin a friendship...exactly like I said would happen to begin with.
"Fine you want me to talk. All this time you were accusing me of cheating on you...well guess what dumbass, you did it not me. I was hoping to catch the end of your set and tell you about what a great show I had, and I see you sucking face with some random girl?! Am I just supposed to say, Oh you were high, I forgive you? Cause thats not how it works Billie." He just bit his lip and put his head down.
"I know it was stupid, and Im really sorry Reiley."

Before I could respond my mom yelled in from the living room.
"Reiley, Chase is on the phone and wants to know if the whole party thing is still going on, and when.Oh and if your okay?"
"Tell him yeah, the first Saturday of the summer, and that Ive been better." Billie looked at me confused.
"My mom said I could invite people over that were in the play, so Veronica is inviting some friends over too...'party'." He nodded.
"Just go home Billie. Its no use."
"Will you talk to me eventually?" I sighed. I should say no but that wouldnt be realistic...chances are I will forgive him and just be friends again.
"We'll see. But Billie, its not the boyfriend part of you that hurt me...it was the friend part." After rubbing his eyes he left, and almost immediately after my mom came in.

"He cheated on you didn't he." What the hell?
"Yeah how did you even know we were dating though." She just smiled.
"Ollie told me years ago that Billie had a crush on you, so I put two and two together when he was coming around more often than usual. Plus I might have seen you kiss him coming home from school one day." God damn it. I layed my head down on the cool kitchen counter.
"What should I do?"
"Make him sweat it out a little, get him jealous."
"It doesnt take much, trust me."
"Well because your a beautiful girl. Take it as a compliment that he thinks he could lose you at any moment." Wow my mom was actually being cool about this. I guess I can talk to her...to an extent. Its her fault the ass even got in the house to begin with.
"Thanks mom."

Billies POV:

When I walked in I didnt even realize my mom was sitting there until she talked to me.
"Bill, whats wrong hun. You seem...mopey."
"Sorry just, having some trouble right now." She smugly smirked to herself.
"Anything to do with, oh I dont know, Reiley Davis?" Damn I thought we were doing a good job to. Oh well moms pry at everything...their gonna find out soon enough.
"When did you figure it out?"
"When you were eight years old."
"Huh?" She laughed.
"It wouldve have happened eventually. You liked her alot, even your dad figured it out. Why do you think we stopped letting Reiley spend the night? Or why David and Anna would make fun of you wanting to only be with Reiley after school? Its just something I knew."
"Well it doesnt even matter because she wont talk to me."
"Why? What did you do?" I opened my mouth to tell her when David came tearing into the house with Mike, pointing at me.
"You. Come to my room now. You can talk to mom later." She just waved me away and left for work.

"Mike go to your own room, I need some brother time with Billie." He rolled his eyes and left.
"So, you fucked Davis huh?" Oh for Christ sake.
"Jesus does everyone in this family know about it!?" He grinned.
"No, me and Anna just guessed it. Thanks for the conformation." Damn it. Why didnt I see that one coming.
"Can you help me, I mean its not just some random girl I hooked up with...its Reiley! And now she wont even talk to me."
"Write her something."
"I already do. And she knows em all...mostly."
"Well then figure out a meaningful song and play it for her. I dont know your the creative one here." He laughed and pushed me.
"I'll think of something I guess." He started laughing to himself like a crazy person.
"What?"
"I bet when you do get her back, you'll get great make up sex." I rolled my eyes and left. What an idiot.

comments<3