Coral Island

Blind the Fish

“What’s going on out here?” Harry shouted as his tired feet crawled their way towards Hermione and Ron.

“Draco happened.” Ron grumbled. He looked pissed and beat.

“You’re face…” Harry stepped closer to his best friend, waiting for someone to tell him what the hell just happened.

“Also Draco,”

“He did this to you? Why?” Harry couldn’t believe it. What had happened?

“We got mad at each other and one thing led to another. He’s gone off sulking now. It’s better this way.” Ron informed Harry.

“He really shouldn’t be off roaming alone…” Hermione worried aloud.

“Are you serious Hermione? Let him go and wine, he’ll be fine.” Ron’s voice was full of disgust.

“What? I’m just saying. No need to get all mad at me.”

“I’m going to eat breakfast, want anything?” Ron asked aloud as he got up. He was limping so he must have damaged his ankle.

“Are you going to be alright Ron? Want me to make breakfast?” Harry asked as he got up and helped Ron balance.

“Yeah, thanks for the help, but I’ll be alright. The more I walk on it the better it’ll get.”

Hermione muffle a giggle and murmured to herself. “Not even close.”

“What is there to eat around here?” Ron asked as he looked around the food supply for some breakfast.

“Well there must be something…” Hermione got up to stand beside Ron only to find that there was hardly any food left. “What? This isn’t possible… I took all the food from the plane…”

Harry sighed. “Don’t forget, we’ve been on this Island for how long? A month at least…”

“It doesn’t feel like it’s been a month.” Ron commented. “I guess time passes… somehow.”

“Well this is not good.” Hermione stressed, her fingers pulling at the roots of her insanely curly hair. “What are we going to eat?”

“I think we’re going to have to survive on fish for a really long while.” Ron stated.

“Well that’s great!” Hermione’s sarcasm was rich.

“At least it’s something Hermione.” Harry noted. “I’d rather eat fish forever than nothing at all.”

“You’re right.” She nodded in agreement. “I hope you two know how to fish.”

“W- Well of course.” They stuttered.

“You don’t know how to fish do you?” Hermione’s smug expression laughed at them.

“Well it’s not that we don’t know how, it’s more…” Ron started.

“-Like that fact that we have never learnt.” Harry concluded.

“True.” Hermione nodded. “But have you ever heard of a thing called…”

“Books?” The two finished her sentence.

“Well… yeah.” Hermione finished. “Have you ever thought once that maybe these things would be important to learn about?”

“Let us deliberate on that for a moment.” Ron said sarcastically. “Like we would have known that one day we’d take a plane and suddenly crash and be the only survivors who happened to not be quite so informed on the Muggle world and things like ‘starting a fire’ or ‘catching fish’. So no Hermione, we never really thought about it.”

“Well this is my lesson to you.” She reached over in a box nearby and took out a mirror.

“A mirror, how did you get a mirror?” Harry asked.

“It happened to be on the plane and I knew our food supply wouldn’t last forever and it was the only thing I could think of.” She stated.

“What use would it give us though?”

“We’re going to blind the fish.” She said simply.

“Blind the fish? We’ll blind the fish and they’ll suddenly appear in plates in front of us ready to be eaten?” Ron said disbelievingly.

“That’s not what I said Ron. Yes we’ll blind the fish but it takes more work than that. We’ll have to firstly find the fish in the water.” She started. “Oh, make sure you remember this because I’m not writing it down for you.”

“Ay Captain.” Ron and Harry saluted her.

“Don’t play smart.” She rolled her eyes. “Now, after you’ve found your fish, you’ll take your mirror and as soon as the glass and the sun collide, bend the mirror towards the fish so the sun blinds it, do you get it?”

They nodded and she continued.

“Now, once you’ve blinded your fish you’ll have to reach in the water and grab it. Yes it’ll squirm but deal with it. Bring the fish towards a rock or the smoothest surface you can find and chop off the head and then it’s good to eat- of course after cooking it and all.”

“Well that sounds delightful.” Ron’s face looked nauseated.

“It’s only fish, now go and catch us some breakfast, and if possible, lunch.” Hermione pushed the boys towards shore, each a mirror in hand.

“Well, this will either be a complete disaster or a great win. What do you think Harry?” Ron asked his friend who stood beside him.

“Bet on it?” He asked.

“If I win you have to take care of every single one of my responsibilities around this Island for a full week with no complaints.” Ron smiled with delight, already seeing the relaxing time he’d get once Harrie’s off doing extra chores.

“Alright, but if I win you have to fetch anything I want for me for the full week, again with no complaints.” Harry also smiled.

“Shake on it.”

The two boys locked their hands together in truce.

“You’re on.”
♠ ♠ ♠
oh my god !!!!!!! it';s been months ! im soososoosososososos sorry :o how horrible of me. okay so here's a chapter i wrote half asleep. hope you like it,. or at least it was good enough for you to read through without falling asleep or saying "what the heck is she talking about' hahaha anywhooooooo ttyl !